19th February 2013, 08:58 AM   |  #21  
Flag Basingstoke
Thanks Meter: 356

1,157 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by recklesslife85

Since my iPhone 5 manages 6/7 hours. (And no I'm not a apple fanboy) 3h is rubbish! My S3 managed just over 4h and i know the Z has a bigger screen and resolution but no excuse for putting small batterys in phones that have big screens and high res.

iPhone is different. It's well knows that iOS devices have better battery life. Lets compare Android with Android - which as we all know doesn't manage power very well ( at least not as good as iOS or Windows Phone ). I'm pretty sure you'll be able to get 4h+ screen time - it depends on what Spectre has been doing with his phone.
19th February 2013, 09:08 AM   |  #22  
Flag Bridgend, Wales
Thanks Meter: 228

1,185 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiainavas

iPhone is different. It's well knows that iOS devices have better battery life. Lets compare Android with Android - which as we all know doesn't manage power very well ( at least not as good as iOS or Windows Phone ). I'm pretty sure you'll be able to get 4h+ screen time - it depends on what Spectre has been doing with his phone.

Yeah I guess so, I was just dissapointed to see that as it reminded me of the One X and Nexus 4, I hated both for that reason..
19th February 2013, 09:13 AM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 250

676 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre51

Today's usage:

Attachment 1742483
Attachment 1742487

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z

Screen only making up 26% of total usage? Something seems off, have you investigated for unnecessary wake-locks? Mediaserver is taking up way too much battery
The Following User Says Thank You to omersak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2013, 09:33 AM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 168

972 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by omersak

Screen only making up 26% of total usage? Something seems off, have you investigated for unnecessary wake-locks? Mediaserver is taking up way too much battery

indeed normally the screen uses a much higher percentage.
19th February 2013, 09:39 AM   |  #25  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,335

3,324 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: Xperia Z battery life
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick1103

Same here, my Note 2 on average gives me 5hrs screen on, at a push I can get slightly higher but my brightness has to be really low. Those shots above look good to me, they are without stamina mode on aren't they?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Correct no power saving features were turned on.

---------- Post added at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by omersak

Saw that. Not sure why the media server would show up like that. I've just managed to get the device to die on me so I will charge it up and see what it's like tomorrow. I installed BBS also to track wakelocks.

The Following User Says Thank You to Spectre51 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2013, 09:42 AM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 168

972 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre51

Correct no power saving features were turned on.

---------- Post added at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 AM ----------

Saw that. Not sure why the media server would show up like that. I've just managed to get the device to die on me so I will charge it up and see what it's like tomorrow. I installed BBS also to track wakelocks.

maybe BBS interferes with Stamina mode?
19th February 2013, 02:01 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 19

103 posts
Re: Xperia Z battery life
Quote:
Originally Posted by recklesslife85

Since my iPhone 5 manages 6/7 hours. (And no I'm not a apple fanboy) 3h is rubbish! My S3 managed just over 4h and i know the Z has a bigger screen and resolution but no excuse for putting small batterys in phones that have big screens and high res.

The iphone's "usage time" is not the same as the screen on time of android. The iPhone logs usage time anytime it does anything, like synching and such, weather the screen is on or not. Big difference. Not hating on anything, they are just different measurements
The Following User Says Thank You to robertopod1968 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2013, 02:49 PM   |  #28  
Flag Basingstoke

1,157 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertopod1968

The iphone's "usage time" is not the same as the screen on time of android. The iPhone logs usage time anytime it does anything, like synching and such, weather the screen is on or not. Big difference. Not hating on anything, they are just different measurements

But doesn't this method make those statistics a bit fake ? Never heard that iOS does it this way.
19th February 2013, 03:05 PM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 31

641 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiainavas

But doesn't this method make those statistics a bit fake ? Never heard that iOS does it this way.

they don't care about true and reliable statistics! marketing is everything! a phone that lasts 20 hours of usage is better than a phone that does only 8, isn't?!

remember when they introduced copy, cut & paste in iOS3? revolutionary! the best phone and os around! everyone believed! that's marketing. my old sony ericsson phone from 2003 was capable of copy&paste, but they didn't shout it loud, because it seemed "natural" for them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hebbe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2013, 03:13 PM   |  #30  
Flag Basingstoke

1,157 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hebbe

they don't care about true and reliable statistics! marketing is everything! a phone that lasts 20 hours of usage is better than a phone that does only 8, isn't?!

remember when they introduced copy, cut & paste in iOS3? revolutionary! the best phone and os around! everyone believed! that's marketing. my old sony ericsson phone from 2003 was capable of copy&paste, but they didn't shout it loud, because it seemed "natural" for them.

Ah yes. Apple is the master of presenting old things as new and revolutionary, things that has been in use for ages, they invented so many things like video calls, instant messaging, folders etc. Putting sarcasm aside, they have amazing marketing division - it's often false marketing, but its results are amazing ( then again, most companies lie to us, so it's not just Apple )

Since I rarely use more than 1,5 hours screen on time a day - I'll be more than happy if my phone lasts 48 hours, and from all the reviews it seems that with such usage - it will.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread