Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,951 Members 53,030 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia Z Battery Issues Discussion Thread

Tip us?

Akiainavas
Old
Thanks Meter 355

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by recklesslife85 View Post
Since my iPhone 5 manages 6/7 hours. (And no I'm not a apple fanboy) 3h is rubbish! My S3 managed just over 4h and i know the Z has a bigger screen and resolution but no excuse for putting small batterys in phones that have big screens and high res.
iPhone is different. It's well knows that iOS devices have better battery life. Lets compare Android with Android - which as we all know doesn't manage power very well ( at least not as good as iOS or Windows Phone ). I'm pretty sure you'll be able to get 4h+ screen time - it depends on what Spectre has been doing with his phone.

Xperia Z2ssssssssssss

ssssNeed help ? Send me a message, I'll try to help.

www.ifixit.com
Voice your support for the Self-Repair Manifesto!

www.ultimae.com
Panoramic Music for Panoramic People

recklesslife85
Old
Thanks Meter 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiainavas View Post
iPhone is different. It's well knows that iOS devices have better battery life. Lets compare Android with Android - which as we all know doesn't manage power very well ( at least not as good as iOS or Windows Phone ). I'm pretty sure you'll be able to get 4h+ screen time - it depends on what Spectre has been doing with his phone.
Yeah I guess so, I was just dissapointed to see that as it reminded me of the One X and Nexus 4, I hated both for that reason..

omersak
Old
Thanks Meter 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre51 View Post
Today's usage:

Attachment 1742483
Attachment 1742487

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z
Screen only making up 26% of total usage? Something seems off, have you investigated for unnecessary wake-locks? Mediaserver is taking up way too much battery
3310 > 3330 > 6100 > k500i > 6630 > 5700XM > N95 8gb > N81 8gb > Samsung i550 > N79 > 5800XM > iPhone 3gs > HTC Desire > Galaxy S > Nexus S > iPhone 4 > Galaxy S II > HTC Sensation + Xperia Play > iPhone 4s + Galaxy Nexus + Galaxy S III > Lumia 800 + One X > Galaxy Note II + iPhone 5 + Padfone 2 > Xperia Z > One m7 > Xperia Z1 >Nexus 5 > Galaxy S5 > One m8 > Xperia Z2 + G3

Nokia: 10
Samsung: 6
HTC: 5
Sony: 5
Apple: 4
Nexus: 3
Asus: 1
LG: 1
The Following User Says Thank You to omersak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stefanve
Old
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by omersak View Post
Screen only making up 26% of total usage? Something seems off, have you investigated for unnecessary wake-locks? Mediaserver is taking up way too much battery
indeed normally the screen uses a much higher percentage.

Spectre51
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1320

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Xperia Z battery life

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick1103 View Post
Same here, my Note 2 on average gives me 5hrs screen on, at a push I can get slightly higher but my brightness has to be really low. Those shots above look good to me, they are without stamina mode on aren't they?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
Correct no power saving features were turned on.

---------- Post added at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by omersak View Post
Saw that. Not sure why the media server would show up like that. I've just managed to get the device to die on me so I will charge it up and see what it's like tomorrow. I installed BBS also to track wakelocks.

Current Phones/Tablets:
OnePlus One // Xperia Z Ultra // Lumia 1020 // Xperia Tablet Z // Surface Pro
Accessories
Sony Smart Wireless Headset pro MW1 // Smart Bluetooth Handset SBH52 // Z Ultra Power Cover CP12
Past Phones/Tablets:
iPhone 1st Gen/3GS/4S // Nexus One // Dell Streak // Atrix 4g // Lumia 900, 920 // Xperia Play, S, P, ion, TL, Z, Z1 // iPad 1, 3

Click here for my Xperia firmware downloads.
Use the Thanks button if I helped.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spectre51 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stefanve
Old
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre51 View Post
Correct no power saving features were turned on.

---------- Post added at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 AM ----------

Saw that. Not sure why the media server would show up like that. I've just managed to get the device to die on me so I will charge it up and see what it's like tomorrow. I installed BBS also to track wakelocks.

maybe BBS interferes with Stamina mode?

robertopod1968
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Default Re: Xperia Z battery life

Quote:
Originally Posted by recklesslife85 View Post
Since my iPhone 5 manages 6/7 hours. (And no I'm not a apple fanboy) 3h is rubbish! My S3 managed just over 4h and i know the Z has a bigger screen and resolution but no excuse for putting small batterys in phones that have big screens and high res.
The iphone's "usage time" is not the same as the screen on time of android. The iPhone logs usage time anytime it does anything, like synching and such, weather the screen is on or not. Big difference. Not hating on anything, they are just different measurements
The Following User Says Thank You to robertopod1968 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Akiainavas
Old
Thanks Meter 355

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertopod1968 View Post
The iphone's "usage time" is not the same as the screen on time of android. The iPhone logs usage time anytime it does anything, like synching and such, weather the screen is on or not. Big difference. Not hating on anything, they are just different measurements
But doesn't this method make those statistics a bit fake ? Never heard that iOS does it this way.

Xperia Z2ssssssssssss

www.ifixit.com

www.ultimae.com

hebbe
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiainavas View Post
But doesn't this method make those statistics a bit fake ? Never heard that iOS does it this way.
they don't care about true and reliable statistics! marketing is everything! a phone that lasts 20 hours of usage is better than a phone that does only 8, isn't?!

remember when they introduced copy, cut & paste in iOS3? revolutionary! the best phone and os around! everyone believed! that's marketing. my old sony ericsson phone from 2003 was capable of copy&paste, but they didn't shout it loud, because it seemed "natural" for them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hebbe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Akiainavas
Old
Thanks Meter 355

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hebbe View Post
they don't care about true and reliable statistics! marketing is everything! a phone that lasts 20 hours of usage is better than a phone that does only 8, isn't?!

remember when they introduced copy, cut & paste in iOS3? revolutionary! the best phone and os around! everyone believed! that's marketing. my old sony ericsson phone from 2003 was capable of copy&paste, but they didn't shout it loud, because it seemed "natural" for them.
Ah yes. Apple is the master of presenting old things as new and revolutionary, things that has been in use for ages, they invented so many things like video calls, instant messaging, folders etc. Putting sarcasm aside, they have amazing marketing division - it's often false marketing, but its results are amazing ( then again, most companies lie to us, so it's not just Apple )

Since I rarely use more than 1,5 hours screen on time a day - I'll be more than happy if my phone lasts 48 hours, and from all the reviews it seems that with such usage - it will.

Xperia Z2ssssssssssss

www.ifixit.com

www.ultimae.com