Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,216 Members 53,485 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia Z Boot problem

Tip us?

FerretXing
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone Xperia Z Boot problem

Hello, this is my first post here and ofcourse I have a problem...
So yesterday I was rooting my Xperia Z, unlocked the debug mode and was able to access the recovery mode a few times. So I flashed my device to 4.2 version with a computer then I copied the 4.2.2 .tft file and the Kernel into my phones internal memory, turned my phone off, turned it on again, turned on the recovery mode, did the "Wipe data/Factory reset", wiped the catche partition, wiped the Dalvik cache, formated the system, formated the data and the cache. So then I went to install the prerooted ROM but my phoned seemed not to find it in the internam memory so I selected to reboot my device and since then it is acting all weird...
So the phone then tried to reboot but freezed at the Sony logo, the battery was about 89% and the phone started heating like it was working on its max, the phones battery died after about 2 or 3 hours, so ofcourse I tried connecting it to my PC to try to charge it but it just started to boot loop, I could hear the computer making a notification sound that the device is connected and after a few seconts it just disconnects. It seems that the phone isnt charging at all because after leaving the phone to charge for the whole night with a regular charger the phones LED was still red and was giving me 3 blinks when I tried to turn the device on. I think that if I could to access the recovery mode again I would be able to fix everything from there on my own...
Any help to fix this problem is welcome, I can provide more information about the problem if there are some questions

P.S. I already tried to remove the microSIM and microSD cards

Richy99
Old
Thanks Meter 198
flash the ftf file you have using flashtool

FerretXing
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richy99 View Post
flash the ftf file you have using flashtool
I noticed a really weird thing. It looks like it might be both technical and software problem. So earlyer I had the rooted 4.4.2 version but it started to bootloop when I turned on the camera, the device turned off when it was at about 60% battery. So I though to hell with this version and wiped everything again, installed the 4.4 version with flashtool but then the bootlooping started again, it went no further than the Sony logo, after about 2 hours of trying to get the damn thing on I took my fathers Galaxy S4 charger and pluged it into my phone, for my surprise the phone started charging and was displaying that battery icon in the middle of the screen, so now its about at 30% battery and trying to turn it on wont work, almost gets to the main screen and then instantly turns off. Ill try to charge it to about 80% battery and then try to turn it on. I suspect that the device thinks its battery is empty when it is actually at about 60%

androidtweaker1
Old
Thanks Meter 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerretXing View Post
I noticed a really weird thing. It looks like it might be both technical and software problem. So earlyer I had the rooted 4.4.2 version but it started to bootloop when I turned on the camera, the device turned off when it was at about 60% battery. So I though to hell with this version and wiped everything again, installed the 4.4 version with flashtool but then the bootlooping started again, it went no further than the Sony logo, after about 2 hours of trying to get the damn thing on I took my fathers Galaxy S4 charger and pluged it into my phone, for my surprise the phone started charging and was displaying that battery icon in the middle of the screen, so now its about at 30% battery and trying to turn it on wont work, almost gets to the main screen and then instantly turns off. Ill try to charge it to about 80% battery and then try to turn it on. I suspect that the device thinks its battery is empty when it is actually at about 60%
Try flashing 4.3 Stock rom from flashtool
Hit thanks if helped

“You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you ― John Bunyan”

Current Devices
Sony Xperia Z:Stock 4.4.4 Rooted
Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Dirty Unicorns

FerretXing
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidtweaker1 View Post
Try flashing 4.3 Stock rom from flashtool
Still boot looping, when I flashed it into 4.3 and it started up for the first time i got the message "process system isnt responding"