Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,227 Members 47,465 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] XPERIA Z Possible Brick... any help is appreciated.

Tip us?

kingvortex
Old
Thanks Meter 2050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oadbylad View Post
The flashing red led under normal circumstances would indicate a low battery state and charging
The fact that your PC will not recognize the phone would also point to this ie. low battery state
I know you're trying to help, but a new battery will not fix this issue. He flashed another device's TA partition to his phone. That causes an unrecoverable hard brick. The bootloader performs checks on content in the TA when you power the device on and if it doesn't find the correct hashed keys, then it halts boot. There is no way to correct this.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

safcscon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Default battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvortex View Post
I know you're trying to help, but a new battery will not fix this issue. He flashed another device's TA partition to his phone. That causes an unrecoverable hard brick. The bootloader performs checks on content in the TA when you power the device on and if it doesn't find the correct hashed keys, then it halts boot. There is no way to correct this.

Yes, im quite sure another battery would not fix this issue. I think my best and cheapest route would be to buy another xz with a smashed screen and swap the motherboards over, thanks to all who have tried to help. If only i could desolder the chip with the TA partition and hot boot it in her phone, wouldnt know which chip to do this with and if it would even work...

Oadbylad
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvortex View Post

Surely this is the problem
By doing what he as theres no OS on the phone and thereby nothing to control the charging cycle hence the on/off cycle
and the battery is just running down and the PC won't recognize the phone
By disconnecting the battery its the biggest hard reset of all
By replacing it with an external source/or new battery hopefully the PC will acknowledge the phone and a reflash can be done

Just my take on it

Its worth a try and not as defeatist

I know for sure it worked for me

kingvortex
Old
Thanks Meter 2050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oadbylad View Post
Surely this is the problem
By doing what he as theres no OS on the phone and thereby nothing to control the charging cycle hence the on/off cycle
and the battery is just running down and the PC won't recognize the phone
By disconnecting the battery its the biggest hard reset of all
By replacing it with an external source/or new battery hopefully the PC will acknowledge the phone and a reflash can be done

Just my take on it

Its worth a try and not as defeatist

I know for sure it worked for me
He says that he flashed his girlfriend's TA partition onto his phone.

Flashing a TA partition from another device hard bricks your phone 100% of the time. No exceptions. There is no way back from it.

Please read up on what I'm saying before disputing it further. Thanks.