Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,145 Members 36,129 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Xperia Z current draw when charging ?

Tip us?

screamer2703
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Xperia Z current draw when charging ?

I am using the Waze app when driving and I always notice that the battery level starts to decrease over time even though the phone is connected to a 2.1A car charger.

Therefore, I decided to connect an amp meter to the charger and measure the current draw:

2.1A car charger - USB input - current draw: 0.8A to 1A with the screen on and Waze running with GPS on
1.5A Sony mains charger - USB input - current draw same as above

This means that the phone does not draw enough current to keep the battery charged. OS problem ?

I tested even the dock charger and I got a very different result:

1.8A dock charger - Dock charger side pads - current draw 1.4A with the screen on.

Why the sudden increase in current when using the dock charger ? Is there a fast charge mode for the Xperia Z ?

screamer2703
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Nobody knows nothing ?

androidtweaker1
Old
Thanks Meter 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamer2703 View Post
I am using the Waze app when driving and I always notice that the battery level starts to decrease over time even though the phone is connected to a 2.1A car charger.

Therefore, I decided to connect an amp meter to the charger and measure the current draw:

2.1A car charger - USB input - current draw: 0.8A to 1A with the screen on and Waze running with GPS on
1.5A Sony mains charger - USB input - current draw same as above

This means that the phone does not draw enough current to keep the battery charged. OS problem ?

I tested even the dock charger and I got a very different result:

1.8A dock charger - Dock charger side pads - current draw 1.4A with the screen on.

Why the sudden increase in current when using the dock charger ? Is there a fast charge mode for the Xperia Z ?
I think its more of a hardware issue.
Some connector pin on pcb might be acting up.

Hit thanks if helped