[Q] Xperia Z GPS Hardware fault

22nd April 2014, 12:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hello everyone,

I've had my Xperia Z for around a year now and I have used it consistently with cyanogenmod with no issues regarding GPS. The only time my GPS has failed to work properly, I flashed the stock ROM and then the latest cyanogen build to get it working again.
However this time my GPS will not function whatsoever, I have flashed numerous stock and cyanogen builds to no affect. I have also tried every GPS app I can think of to tweak my GPS settings and try to see if any satellites will show up, however none of these approaches have worked. I have come to the conclusion that the GPS hardware must be faulty. Is there anything else I can do, or is it broke for good?]

Many thanks.
22nd April 2014, 12:29 PM   |  #2  
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 139

589 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen_wolf

Hello everyone,

I've had my Xperia Z for around a year now and I have used it consistently with cyanogenmod with no issues regarding GPS. The only time my GPS has failed to work properly, I flashed the stock ROM and then the latest cyanogen build to get it working again.
However this time my GPS will not function whatsoever, I have flashed numerous stock and cyanogen builds to no affect. I have also tried every GPS app I can think of to tweak my GPS settings and try to see if any satellites will show up, however none of these approaches have worked. I have come to the conclusion that the GPS hardware must be faulty. Is there anything else I can do, or is it broke for good?]

Many thanks.

Flash the stock rom, go to service menu - service tests - gps. If it doesn't work relock your bootloader. I hope you backed up your TA Partition, because it would make it easier to sent it to repair...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread