Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,962 Members 39,704 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Xperia Z GPS Hardware fault

Tip us?

Stephen_wolf
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Xperia Z GPS Hardware fault

Hello everyone,

I've had my Xperia Z for around a year now and I have used it consistently with cyanogenmod with no issues regarding GPS. The only time my GPS has failed to work properly, I flashed the stock ROM and then the latest cyanogen build to get it working again.
However this time my GPS will not function whatsoever, I have flashed numerous stock and cyanogen builds to no affect. I have also tried every GPS app I can think of to tweak my GPS settings and try to see if any satellites will show up, however none of these approaches have worked. I have come to the conclusion that the GPS hardware must be faulty. Is there anything else I can do, or is it broke for good?]

Many thanks.

St.Jimmy90
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen_wolf View Post
Hello everyone,

I've had my Xperia Z for around a year now and I have used it consistently with cyanogenmod with no issues regarding GPS. The only time my GPS has failed to work properly, I flashed the stock ROM and then the latest cyanogen build to get it working again.
However this time my GPS will not function whatsoever, I have flashed numerous stock and cyanogen builds to no affect. I have also tried every GPS app I can think of to tweak my GPS settings and try to see if any satellites will show up, however none of these approaches have worked. I have come to the conclusion that the GPS hardware must be faulty. Is there anything else I can do, or is it broke for good?]

Many thanks.
Flash the stock rom, go to service menu - service tests - gps. If it doesn't work relock your bootloader. I hope you backed up your TA Partition, because it would make it easier to sent it to repair...
"We're here for a good time, not a long time" - Colin McRae
You can't control the wind, but you can set your sails
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.” - Mark Twain