Xperia Z GPU, low graphics?

Search This thread

mathacer

Jul 28, 2011
surabaya, indonesia
Hello, i come from Indonesia [emoji1]

May I ask a question, I know that xperia z has adreno 320 GPU, that clocked max 400 mhz, it seems this GPU is one of the best..

I use official 5.1.1, and I have used from 4.1 to 5.1, why game line let's get rich is seems bit laggy, especially when a little hot?
Any one can improve the graphics?
My brother uses on android one that use mediatek, it's fine to play this game [emoji25] ..

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Akinaro

Sep 14, 2013
Didn't encounter such problems. There are occasional lags here and there, but its mostly because of game is self(crappy coding, lack of optimization, or use loots of totally useless light/shadow effects to hide bad models and textures).

But on my XZ I have no real problem with that, I tried most of games, Real Racing 3 load few years and after that it lag here and there, but its playable.
Even if I dont like PC Minecraft, MC pocked edition is my only paid game that bought and with everything on high its work really nice.

Did you tried changing GPU/CPU settings i Programmer Options in settings? (Graphi Acceleration/force GPU etc)

And yes, its gonna be hot as hell, my record is 78*C :D after that its FC most of apps, and when it reach more it restart phone... On summer in Spain I could play games maybe for 20min because I literally could not hold my own phone in hands xD

Last edited:

mathacer

Jul 28, 2011
surabaya, indonesia
Yeah, maybe software optimization, but I think it's still cpu or gpu problem, I stated that android one that has mediatek with same clock gpu 400 mhz, can run this games so smooth ?..

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

edi194

Jul 4, 2012
Wolbórz
But it if I know good Android One devices don't have FHD display. If you want better perfomance change resolution to 1280x720 and DPI to 320.

Reactions: mathacer

Akinaro

Sep 14, 2013
I recommend 360-380, after almost 5 years of playing with DPI on every device, 360 looks best on XZ, not that big as stock 480 and still not that small to squeeze face to screen to read something.

But to be honest changing DPI dont give anything in terms of performance, unlike resolution...

For changing resoultion I recommend this app(root of course is must have):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nomone.resolution_changer&hl

Didnt had any bootloop with it.

But be warned that changing res can mess your app. Its best to use after fresh installation OR after reseting apps/games settings.
Also its can mess soft keys(bottom nav buttons) and Stock Launcher. So its better to use custom one(I recommend Aviate launcher. clean, fast and with nice category tab).

Reactions: mathacer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    But it if I know good Android One devices don't have FHD display. If you want better perfomance change resolution to 1280x720 and DPI to 320.
    I recommend 360-380, after almost 5 years of playing with DPI on every device, 360 looks best on XZ, not that big as stock 480 and still not that small to squeeze face to screen to read something.

But to be honest changing DPI dont give anything in terms of performance, unlike resolution...

For changing resoultion I recommend this app(root of course is must have):
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nomone.resolution_changer&hl

Didnt had any bootloop with it.

But be warned that changing res can mess your app. Its best to use after fresh installation OR after reseting apps/games settings.
    Also its can mess soft keys(bottom nav buttons) and Stock Launcher. So its better to use custom one(I recommend Aviate launcher. clean, fast and with nice category tab).