5,599,394 Members 38,092 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] xperia z kernel installing

Tip us?
 
perfect9stranger
Old
#1  
perfect9stranger's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: kibbutz Nir Oz

 
DONATE TO ME
Question [Q] xperia z kernel installing

hi you all, i have an xperia z rooted with doomlord toolkit v18, and an dual recovery 2.7.14 installed. i have successfully flashed and backed up the eXsitenZ 5.0.0 rom (by niaboc79 Great success by the way). so now iwant to install the famous doomkernel and i have a few question because the information i got from around the net is confusing.

so here are my questions:

1. Is installing the eXsitenZ means i have unlocked my BOOTLOADER?

2. do i have to unlock my bootloader in order to install DOOMKERNEL?

3. is unlocking the bootloader is irreversible?

thanks ahead for any kind of help, greetings perfect9stranger.
 
gripfly
Old
(Last edited by gripfly; 1st January 2014 at 03:04 AM.)
#2  
gripfly's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 176
Posts: 622
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Biceps City

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect9stranger View Post
hi you all, i have an xperia z rooted with doomlord toolkit v18, and an dual recovery 2.7.14 installed. i have successfully flashed and backed up the eXsitenZ 5.0.0 rom (by niaboc79 Great success by the way). so now iwant to install the famous doomkernel and i have a few question because the information i got from around the net is confusing.

so here are my questions:

1. Is installing the eXsitenZ means i have unlocked my BOOTLOADER?

2. do i have to unlock my bootloader in order to install DOOMKERNEL?

3. is unlocking the bootloader is irreversible?

thanks ahead for any kind of help, greetings perfect9stranger.
1. No, you only have to unlock your bootloader for a custom kernel. There is also written that the existenz is for LB(locked bootloader) and UB(unlocked bootloader).

2. Yes.

3. Before you unlock bootloader, it would be good to make a TA backup. There are DRM-keys included. If you loose them, you loose warranty.
Because once you have unlocked your bootloader, without a backup of the TA, you will never get the DRM-keys back.
So only relocking the bootloader is not always enough.

The TA includes unique data and that is the reason why you can't restore the backup of an other phone. If you do it you will hardbrick your phone.
Gesendet von meinem C6603 mit Tapatalk
CORRECT ME IF I MAKE MISTAKES, I WANNA LEARN THIS LANGUAGE AND IF YOU CAN HELP ME I WILL BE THANKFUL!

thanks
 
perfect9stranger
Old
#3  
perfect9stranger's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: kibbutz Nir Oz

 
DONATE TO ME
Question so i have and eXsitenZ 5.0.0 and.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripfly View Post
1. No, you only have to unlock your bootloader for a custom kernel. There is also written that the existenz is for LB(locked bootloader) and UB(unlocked bootloader).

2. Yes.

3. Before you unlock bootloader, it would be good to make a TA backup. There are DRM-keys included. If you loose them, you loose warranty.
Because once you have unlocked your bootloader, without a backup of the TA, you will never get the DRM-keys back.
So only relocking the bootloader is not always enough.

The TA includes unique data and that is the reason why you can't restore the backup of an other phone. If you do it you will hardbrick your phone.
Gesendet von meinem C6603 mit Tapatalk
i have tried to flash doomkernel with recovery but all i get is bootloop, is it even possible to use doomkernel and eXsitenZ togehter?
 
gripfly
Old
#4  
gripfly's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 176
Posts: 622
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Biceps City

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect9stranger View Post
i have tried to flash doomkernel with recovery but all i get is bootloop, is it even possible to use doomkernel and eXsitenZ togehter?
Do you have unlocked your bootloader?

Gesendet von meinem C6603 mit Tapatalk
CORRECT ME IF I MAKE MISTAKES, I WANNA LEARN THIS LANGUAGE AND IF YOU CAN HELP ME I WILL BE THANKFUL!

thanks
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes