Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,098 Members 46,741 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] xperia z mobo replace/water damage

Tip us?

buttfacemonkey
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] xperia z mobo replace/water damage

hey guys here is a story
so i removed my xperias factory screen protector (because of a major scratch on it) and it left some
residue on the screen. so i started washing it off in the sink w/soap and water
. although after i finished i dried it off and
noticed that the water enter the ports (headphone and charger) because the rubber bits were broken
. (so i thought it cant be that bad i
took a shower with my one s multiple times and it didn't fritz up or anything) then i noticed my back light flickered and i
thought this is bad so i proceed to turn it off but it wouldn't stay off (it practically boot looped several times) then it finally
turned off then i placed my charger in just to see what would happen it had a red led w/ 3 vibrates after a bit i
blow dried it with a hair dryer and sucking and blowing my device like CPR and finally burred it in rice (what i should of done
before) and left it over night then i woke up plunged it in the charger and my screen had water and my lock
button doesn't work
although it seams everything else works (i think the usb is buggy)

although i think im going to have to buy a new button thinginy and i was also wondering if i replace my mobo with a 6603 because i have a locked tmous version. could everything run normally and have an unlocked boot loader?

read the red if tltr;

kingvortex
Old
Thanks Meter 1885
You water damaged your phone, so you will have to replace more than the "button thinginy".
You will be better of just buying a new phone, as the cost of all the parts you need will be in excess of buying a new one.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Hellscythe
Old
Thanks Meter 429
honestly for all the trouble of finding a motherboard, disassembling your device to fix it DIY, you might mess it up and it might cost you more.
unless you REALLY know what you are doing and have NOTHINg to lose, just send it in for repairs. or just buy a new phone.

buttfacemonkey
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
you two are probably right about not taking the risk although I did find out I have a faulty battery and the buttons I found out that the volume up key took the place of the power button (it can only wake the phone) and it also does it's normal duties

I'm going to do a change log soon (yes a change log) on my phones states for any solutions

plz I didn't even own it for more than 6 months sad panda Is sad