XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia Z power button

Tip us?

008bond
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Default Xperia Z power button

My Xperia Z power button isn't working. When It try to press it, nothing happens. I can't bring up the power off menu either. When I hold the volume up button, it automatically shuts down, indicating that the power button is supposedly in the pressed state at all times.

Any solution? I'm on a custom ROM, also any idea how much it would cost if I gave it to Sony for repairs? I don't want to pay a fortune.
Xperia Z C6602

gripfly
Old
Thanks Meter 176

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 008bond View Post
My Xperia Z power button isn't working. When It try to press it, nothing happens. I can't bring up the power off menu either. When I hold the volume up button, it automatically shuts down, indicating that the power button is supposedly in the pressed state at all times.

Any solution? I'm on a custom ROM, also any idea how much it would cost if I gave it to Sony for repairs? I don't want to pay a fortune.
sure, if the power button is always pressed and you hold volume up button you will shut off your phone and there are 3 vibrates, right^^
Ask in a repair center. you did it in 2 minutes and you know the costs.

Maybe if you know how to open your XZ you can repair it, but be carefully..
CORRECT ME IF I MAKE MISTAKES, I WANNA LEARN THIS LANGUAGE AND IF YOU CAN HELP ME I WILL BE THANKFUL!

thanks

008bond
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Plan to take it to service center next week, need the phone this week. Good thing I have doubletap2wake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripfly View Post
you know the costs.
I actually don't. There's also the question of my warranty...
Xperia Z C6602

hOtsacE22
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Try sony update service on ur pc. Same thing i did and it resolve.

Sent from my C6603