FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Xperia Z As smooth as Note 2 or Nexus 4??

3,324 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,448
 
By xperiax10.awesome, Recognized Contributor on 8th February 2013, 04:28 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi guys,
I just used the Xperia Z at Sony stores, I like the design very much n overall phone looks good. The problem I see is that home screen transition is NOT as smooth as one would expect from 2013 device, my Note 2 is butter smooth.
I have seen in youtube videos as well, the transition on XZ is not very smooth, a bit a lag still there. What do you think its just problems with pre production models ??? And final product will be butter smooth !!

sent from Giant Killer Galaxy Note 2
 
 
8th February 2013, 04:51 PM |#2  
AayushDhuria's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 470
 
More
Re: Xperia Z As smooth as Note 2 or Nexus 4??
The guy who had XZ but removed his the verge article had final retail version and he did say it lags in just switching home screens with heavy widgets, no where else.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
8th February 2013, 04:56 PM |#3  
xperiax10.awesome's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 1,448
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: Xperia Z As smooth as Note 2 or Nexus 4??
Quote:
Originally Posted by AayushDhuria

The guy who had XZ but removed his the verge article had final retail version and he did say it lags in just switching home screens with heavy widgets, no where else.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Yeah..m also talking home screen transitions..n every screen has just one widget n still lag was there !!!

sent from Giant Killer Galaxy Note 2
9th February 2013, 06:28 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 70
 
More
Re: Xperia Z As smooth as Note 2 or Nexus 4??
Use the same launcher as your note 2 and same widgets, Z will be smoother than your note 2.

With Z widgets your note 2 will lag even more.

So you are worrying about nothing actually.

But seeing your past few phone purchases I think S4 is better suited for you

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk
9th February 2013, 06:57 AM |#5  
xperiax10.awesome's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 1,448
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: Xperia Z As smooth as Note 2 or Nexus 4??
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEFanX10i

Use the same launcher as your note 2 and same widgets, Z will be smoother than your note 2.

With Z widgets your note 2 will lag even more.

So you are worrying about nothing actually.

But seeing your past few phone purchases I think S4 is better suited for you

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk

Lets see how S4 looks like..if it got premium looks then 100% I will go with S4 otherwise XZ this time !!

sent from Giant Killer Galaxy Note 2
9th February 2013, 08:38 AM |#6  
AayushDhuria's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 470
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xperiax10.awesome

Lets see how S4 looks like..if it got premium looks then 100% I will go with S4 otherwise XZ this time !!

sent from Giant Killer Galaxy Note 2

Same condition. Although I'll wait for CM dev's review as I can't live on touchwiz and i'll be flashing Paranoid Android right away. Btw Xperia Z with even Apex launcher on stock ROM would be better than Nexus 4. Nexus 4 has thermal throttling and it's totally fkd up.
9th February 2013, 12:13 PM |#7  
MasK's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 96
 
More
Well.. I'm not familiar with Sony devices but they all look pretty darn good. The ZX would be my first Sony if I do get it and I've been reading up and developer support seems better.
If that's the case, I'm pretty sure the device can speed up. For a start.. by using Nova launcher and perhaps overclocking.
And yea.. I can't wait to try it out at the Sony store!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes