5,597,261 Members 38,588 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

xperia z speaker gone to very low

Tip us?
 
elroy944
Old
#1  
elroy944's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 101
Posts: 1,064
Join Date: Oct 2007
Default xperia z speaker gone to very low

hello, just washed my xperia z under running water and after that the speakers gone very low... anyone else got the same problem?
Devices: Galaxy note 3 n9005, Xperia Z, Desire Z, Huawei p6, Galaxy S Armani, Xperia U, Galaxy note 10.1 n8000

Ex-Devices: Too much to write here... but the last ones wich i remember were: Galaxy S4 i9505, Galaxy note 2, iphone 5 16gb, Nexus 4, Galaxy s3, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S1,
Providers: Vodafone-NL, Hi-NL

 
Aka91
Old
#2  
Aka91's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 55
Posts: 249
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New Delhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by elroy944 View Post
hello, just washed my xperia z under running water and after that the speakers gone very low... anyone else got the same problem?
why the hell would you do this to such a wonderful device?
to test the waterproof-ness ?
LOL !
Xperia™ Z
 
elroy944
Old
#3  
elroy944's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 101
Posts: 1,064
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka91 View Post
why the hell would you do this to such a wonderful device?
to test the waterproof-ness ?
LOL !
hehe couldn't resist to test it hahaha, but i read here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr7q6SbX8Do

that it takes a good hour to get the normal volume back... so i think it's normal
Devices: Galaxy note 3 n9005, Xperia Z, Desire Z, Huawei p6, Galaxy S Armani, Xperia U, Galaxy note 10.1 n8000

Ex-Devices: Too much to write here... but the last ones wich i remember were: Galaxy S4 i9505, Galaxy note 2, iphone 5 16gb, Nexus 4, Galaxy s3, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S1,
Providers: Vodafone-NL, Hi-NL

 
elroy944
Old
(Last edited by elroy944; 23rd February 2013 at 11:03 AM.)
#4  
elroy944's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 101
Posts: 1,064
Join Date: Oct 2007
Well, after more than a half hour my volume got back.... so people who get this same problem, i think it has to do with some protection. The speaker have to be dry to get the normal volume back
Devices: Galaxy note 3 n9005, Xperia Z, Desire Z, Huawei p6, Galaxy S Armani, Xperia U, Galaxy note 10.1 n8000

Ex-Devices: Too much to write here... but the last ones wich i remember were: Galaxy S4 i9505, Galaxy note 2, iphone 5 16gb, Nexus 4, Galaxy s3, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S1,
Providers: Vodafone-NL, Hi-NL

 
Aka91
Old
#5  
Aka91's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 55
Posts: 249
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New Delhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by elroy944 View Post
Well, after more than a half hour my volume got back.... so people who get this same problem, i think it has to do with some protection. The speaker have to be dry to get the normal volume back
congratz!
where did you get the "Z" from?
Xperia™ Z
 
elroy944
Old
#6  
elroy944's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 101
Posts: 1,064
Join Date: Oct 2007
Default Re: xperia z speaker gone to very low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka91 View Post
congratz!
where did you get the "Z" from?
Pre ordered from Hi (Netherlands) and got it yesterday
Devices: Galaxy note 3 n9005, Xperia Z, Desire Z, Huawei p6, Galaxy S Armani, Xperia U, Galaxy note 10.1 n8000

Ex-Devices: Too much to write here... but the last ones wich i remember were: Galaxy S4 i9505, Galaxy note 2, iphone 5 16gb, Nexus 4, Galaxy s3, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S1,
Providers: Vodafone-NL, Hi-NL

 
MrL1
Old
#7  
MrL1's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 75
Join Date: Nov 2011
30m to an 1hour and the loudspeaker will be fine, the same thing happened my Xperia Z . Its a protection " Thing "
 
jonmorris
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 288
Posts: 1,088
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hatfield, UK
Default Re: xperia z speaker gone to very low

I expect this question to appear on forums everywhere as more people get this phone and try it out in water.

I must be too old and remember when everyone had a waterproof radio for the shower (as they were advertised everywhere as the perfect gadget gift idea).. Which was fine until water got on the speaker and it got all muffled. Same thing with the XZ! And perhaps why we don't all have radios in the shower anymore!
 
arcadebod
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 10
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmorris View Post
I expect this question to appear on forums everywhere as more people get this phone and try it out in water.

I must be too old and remember when everyone had a waterproof radio for the shower (as they were advertised everywhere as the perfect gadget gift idea).. Which was fine until water got on the speaker and it got all muffled. Same thing with the XZ! And perhaps why we don't all have radios in the shower anymore!

Whoops Ive called up three to exchange my Xperia Z as I thought it had developed a volume fault.

I also peeled of the screen protector as the operator had asked are you sure the screen protector plastic is still attached ?

Doooh

Now the question is to fit or not fit the new supplied screen protectors that came with in the box ??

The screen looks so much sharper and clearer without it.
 
DeadlyDazza
Old
#10  
DeadlyDazza's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 72
Posts: 585
Join Date: Jul 2010
Default Re: xperia z speaker gone to very low

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadebod View Post
Whoops Ive called up three to exchange my Xperia Z as I thought it had developed a volume fault.

I also peeled of the screen protector as the operator had asked are you sure the screen protector plastic is still attached ?

Doooh

Now the question is to fit or not fit the new supplied screen protectors that came with in the box ??

The screen looks so much sharper and clearer without it.
Please do not breed.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes