Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,085 Members 43,356 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

xperia z speaker gone to very low

Tip us?

elroy944
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 101
Default xperia z speaker gone to very low

hello, just washed my xperia z under running water and after that the speakers gone very low... anyone else got the same problem?
Devices: Asus Padfone a86, Galaxy note 3 n9005, Xperia Z, Desire Z, Galaxy S Armani, Xperia U,

Ex-Devices: Too much to write here...
Providers: Vodafone-NL, Hi-NL

Aka91
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by elroy944 View Post
hello, just washed my xperia z under running water and after that the speakers gone very low... anyone else got the same problem?
why the hell would you do this to such a wonderful device?
to test the waterproof-ness ?
LOL !
Xperia™ Z

elroy944
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka91 View Post
why the hell would you do this to such a wonderful device?
to test the waterproof-ness ?
LOL !
hehe couldn't resist to test it hahaha, but i read here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr7q6SbX8Do

that it takes a good hour to get the normal volume back... so i think it's normal
Devices: Asus Padfone a86, Galaxy note 3 n9005, Xperia Z, Desire Z, Galaxy S Armani, Xperia U,

elroy944
Old
(Last edited by elroy944; 23rd February 2013 at 11:03 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 101
Well, after more than a half hour my volume got back.... so people who get this same problem, i think it has to do with some protection. The speaker have to be dry to get the normal volume back

Aka91
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by elroy944 View Post
Well, after more than a half hour my volume got back.... so people who get this same problem, i think it has to do with some protection. The speaker have to be dry to get the normal volume back
congratz!
where did you get the "Z" from?
Xperia™ Z

elroy944
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 101
Default Re: xperia z speaker gone to very low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka91 View Post
congratz!
where did you get the "Z" from?
Pre ordered from Hi (Netherlands) and got it yesterday

MrL1
Old
Thanks Meter 5
30m to an 1hour and the loudspeaker will be fine, the same thing happened my Xperia Z . Its a protection " Thing "

jonmorris
Old
Thanks Meter 309

I expect this question to appear on forums everywhere as more people get this phone and try it out in water.

I must be too old and remember when everyone had a waterproof radio for the shower (as they were advertised everywhere as the perfect gadget gift idea).. Which was fine until water got on the speaker and it got all muffled. Same thing with the XZ! And perhaps why we don't all have radios in the shower anymore!

arcadebod
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmorris View Post
I expect this question to appear on forums everywhere as more people get this phone and try it out in water.

I must be too old and remember when everyone had a waterproof radio for the shower (as they were advertised everywhere as the perfect gadget gift idea).. Which was fine until water got on the speaker and it got all muffled. Same thing with the XZ! And perhaps why we don't all have radios in the shower anymore!

Whoops Ive called up three to exchange my Xperia Z as I thought it had developed a volume fault.

I also peeled of the screen protector as the operator had asked are you sure the screen protector plastic is still attached ?

Doooh

Now the question is to fit or not fit the new supplied screen protectors that came with in the box ??

The screen looks so much sharper and clearer without it.

DeadlyDazza
Old
Thanks Meter 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadebod View Post
Whoops Ive called up three to exchange my Xperia Z as I thought it had developed a volume fault.

I also peeled of the screen protector as the operator had asked are you sure the screen protector plastic is still attached ?

Doooh

Now the question is to fit or not fit the new supplied screen protectors that came with in the box ??

The screen looks so much sharper and clearer without it.
Please do not breed.