Xperia Z Stopped Charging

Tip us?

misterashman
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48

DONATE TO ME
Default Xperia Z Stopped Charging

Today my girlfriend's Xperia Z stopped charging completely and eventually ran out of battery as of now its just a brick
I've tried using multiple cables but none are working and ive also bought a Docking Station for the device so ill guess ill have to wait for that to arrive...
When you fiddle around with the cable the LED does light up at times.. and if you manage to get it in that right spot and keep it there,
The LED just flashes very fast and doesnt seem to actually give it any charge at all, Still cant power it on, Nor does it overheat.
Just wondering if anyone else has experianced this problem and has fixed it in anyway as the Docking Station is not always the most pratical way to charge for her.
If the last resort is sending it off to be fixed, does anyone know how much it will cost () or even if it can be fixed?
Its not waterproof anymore either since the rubber seals have started to deteriate over time which is not great..
But that is not the cause of the phone to stop charging. Just another problem.
Thanks in advance
If I Helped, Click Thanks

davidtkf88
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterashman View Post
Today my girlfriend's Xperia Z stopped charging completely and eventually ran out of battery as of now its just a brick
I've tried using multiple cables but none are working and ive also bought a Docking Station for the device so ill guess ill have to wait for that to arrive...
When you fiddle around with the cable the LED does light up at times.. and if you manage to get it in that right spot and keep it there,
The LED just flashes very fast and doesnt seem to actually give it any charge at all, Still cant power it on, Nor does it overheat.
Just wondering if anyone else has experianced this problem and has fixed it in anyway as the Docking Station is not always the most pratical way to charge for her.
If the last resort is sending it off to be fixed, does anyone know how much it will cost () or even if it can be fixed?
Its not waterproof anymore either since the rubber seals have started to deteriate over time which is not great..
But that is not the cause of the phone to stop charging. Just another problem.
Thanks in advance
i think it maybe a faulty usb port..i have encounter a faulty usb port on galaxy s 2 with the same problem as you, sometime if the cable is connected correctly it can be charge, but most time it just cannot..on the s2 the usb cable get very hot but the phone not charge at all..after change the usb port on the s2 the problem is solved..
The Following User Says Thank You to davidtkf88 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

misterashman
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtkf88 View Post
i think it maybe a faulty usb port..i have encounter a faulty usb port on galaxy s 2 with the same problem as you, sometime if the cable is connected correctly it can be charge, but most time it just cannot..on the s2 the usb cable get very hot but the phone not charge at all..after change the usb port on the s2 the problem is solved..
Yeah it probably is, i've bought a replacement USB Port cheap so i will try and replace it when it gets here and hopefully that will fix it
Just a little dissapointing as the phone is less than a year old D:
I still have 6 year old phones that still work great makes me wonder about these new ones that break all the time :P
If I Helped, Click Thanks