Xperia Z in the US

Tip us?

Energizer Bunny
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Xperia Z in the US

Stupid question:

I have a UK Xperia Z on O2 and am due to move to the US at the end of the year. I'll need to get a contract with a US carrier of course, but my question is whether my UK Xperia Z will work with a US carrier? As said it might be a daft question but I wasn't sure and I dont want to find out when I'm sitting in a hotel in New York wondering why my phone doesn't work.

chiefy009
Old
Thanks Meter 769
Won't you get a new phone with a new contract?

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app
Xperia T
Running: Stock

IF I HELP PLEASE USE THE THANKS BUTTON

Previous -- iPhone 4s, x10i, Nokia 3210, SL55, Nokia 7110, Motorola Rzor, Blackberry Torch, LG Shine, LG Chocolate, Blackberry Curve, Samsung Galaxy S, Sony Ray STi18, Google Nexus S, Sony Arc S, Sony Xperia S, Samsung S2, Xperia T, Windows HTC 8X

diopskill
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Yes it will work. I believe on att as far as hspa+ and T-Mobile edge. I'm 90% sure as I have had a few carrier locked international phones that were completely unlocked once over here in the states. So I don't see why this would be any difference.

mikekop
Old
Thanks Meter 4
You won't be able to get LTE (4G) in some regions with AT&T since they use 2 different LTE bands which one is not compatible with the Z.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Spectre51
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1269

DONATE TO ME
What version of the Z do you have? C660?

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z

Current Phones/Tablets:
Xperia Z1 // Xperia Z Ultra // Lumia 1020 // Xperia Z // Xperia Tablet Z // Surface Pro
Accessories
Sony Smartwatch MN2 // Sony Smart Wireless Headset pro MW1 // Smart Bluetooth Handset SBH52 // Z Ultra Power Cover CP12
Past Phones/Tablets:
iPhone 1st Gen/3GS/4S // Nexus One // Dell Streak // Atrix 4g // Lumia 900, 920 // Xperia Play, S, P, ion, TL // iPad 1, 3

Click here for my Xperia firmware downloads.
Use the Thanks button if I helped.

wolf0491
Old
Thanks Meter 72
If it is C6603 I used it over here for months. Depending on your area you may get bad data. C6602 is better choice over here.
Phones:
Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 (Broken)
Sony Ericsson Xperia x10 (broken USB connector)
running FreeX10 2.2.1
HTC Inspire 4G (Has weird sim card reader issue)
running Sabsa Prime ICS 4.0.3
Motorola Atrix 4G
running CM10 JB
Sony Xperia Ion
Running Stock ROM
Sony Xperia Z (purple ;])
Running Stock Rom

Tablet:
ASUS Eee Pad transformer
Running Team EOS Nightlies JB 4.1.2

mikekop
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Sorry, I remembered wrong. It's 3G I was talking about. I was in Arizona 1,5 month ago and had no 3G using Red Pocket who uses AT&T network. My fiancee has Xperia P and had 3G using same network.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

LordJohnWhorfin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Energizer Bunny View Post
Stupid question:

I have a UK Xperia Z on O2 and am due to move to the US at the end of the year. I'll need to get a contract with a US carrier of course, but my question is whether my UK Xperia Z will work with a US carrier? As said it might be a daft question but I wasn't sure and I dont want to find out when I'm sitting in a hotel in New York wondering why my phone doesn't work.
The smartest move is to sell it in the UK and buy a new phone in the US. The Xperia Z you have is not compatible with US LTE bands and probably not with T-Mobile's AWS 3G+.

topgunask
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Energizer Bunny View Post
Stupid question:

I have C6602 and I just moved to US, it is working fine with AT&T and T-Mobile, no need to worry my friend