Xperia Z Unlocking bootloader issues

Tip us?

L4WL13T
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Xperia Z Unlocking bootloader issues

hey, this is my first post on here.
A while ago I got my Xperia Z which is unlocked to all networks and I checked in the service menu and it said I could unlock the bootloader so I did so and installed my own roms, then it became faulty so I got it repaired but before so I flashed the stock rom on there just incase it was refused to be repaired because of the custom rom.
When I got it back I discovered in the service menu my bootloader can no longer but unlocked and I cannot root it or put CWM on it or anything as I keep getting errors... any advise?
I tried using the original bootloader unlock code I got but the phone rejects it saying something like 'FAILED remote does not have permission' or something along those lines in the CMD while using the fastboot code.

L4WL13T
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4WL13T View Post
hey, this is my first post on here.
A while ago I got my Xperia Z which is unlocked to all networks and I checked in the service menu and it said I could unlock the bootloader so I did so and installed my own roms, then it became faulty so I got it repaired but before so I flashed the stock rom on there just incase it was refused to be repaired because of the custom rom.
When I got it back I discovered in the service menu my bootloader can no longer but unlocked and I cannot root it or put CWM on it or anything as I keep getting errors... any advise?
I tried using the original bootloader unlock code I got but the phone rejects it saying something like 'FAILED remote does not have permission' or something along those lines in the CMD while using the fastboot code.
It says
FAILED remote: command not allowed

i don't know what to do...
I've got my phone rooted now following a guide but it hasn't helped

worf_1977
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Make sure your mobo has not changed, and ask Sony for a new unlock code

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app
Sent from Quo'nos via subspace transmission.

SonyEricsson Xperia X8, Neo, Arc, SGSII, SGSIII, Sony Xperia Z (LTE).

davidtkf88
Old
Thanks Meter 16
If in service menu, and in bootloader unlock = NO, then it mean your motherboard has been changed, or the person that do the repair just change another phone for you which is unable to unlock..bootloader unlock = NO status mean no matter how you do it, the phone cannot longer be unlock as the phone hardware has been lock for specific carrier(usually)...

L4WL13T
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I tried anyway putting my IMEI into the sony website and got a new unlock code but that will still not unlock the bootloader, and my issue never got fixed as I was told that the motherboard would need to be replaced and I couldn't afford it, and I'm concerned as to why my IMEI has changed and I can no longer unlock my bootloader and I've tried downloading a new stock rom and flashing it and my phone is unlocked to all networks still as that was the way I got it and it is still this way.

Oxydeme
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4WL13T View Post
I tried anyway putting my IMEI into the sony website and got a new unlock code but that will still not unlock the bootloader, and my issue never got fixed as I was told that the motherboard would need to be replaced and I couldn't afford it, and I'm concerned as to why my IMEI has changed and I can no longer unlock my bootloader and I've tried downloading a new stock rom and flashing it and my phone is unlocked to all networks still as that was the way I got it and it is still this way.
Just continuing into that thread, is that possible to mod the carrier? I used to send my SXZ to the sav, get it back, unlocked the BL tried a rom and (was-i think- tired) I relocked it -_-, and from now on can't unlock the BL anymore,is there a solution or I just need to reflash the TA, put everything to stock and send it back to sav?
If I helped; hit the thanks button
Gonna Dev - once I understand everything... bunch of work on it -
Devices I currently use:
Xperia Z
> 3.4.0 Stock Sony Kernel
> 4.3 JB Android Version ExistenZ rom v6.1.0 Ú_Ŕ

Xperia x8
> Stock SE Kernel
> 2.1 Eclair SE Android Version (due to damaged screen, repaired but not working as it should..)

Cheers,
Oxydeme

PS: My sig is like that because I just like to have a bunch of colors

Oxydeme
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Can someone help? :$
Devices I currently use:
Xperia Z

Xperia x8
> Stock SE Kernel
> 2.1 Eclair SE Android Version (due to damaged screen, repaired but not working as it should..)

Cheers,
Oxydeme

HellRoot
Old
Thanks Meter 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxydeme View Post
Can someone help? :$
I had same problem. And it even said it was unlocked... I reentered my imei and copied the code.. After many tries it worked... I used both flashtool and fastboot

Sony Xperia Z1 Black (The beast ov Hell)

Rom: monX
Kernel: stock / doomkernel
SD: Sandisk UHS-1 32GB

Sony Xperia Z Black. (Minion of the beast)

Rom: eXistence
Kernel : DoomKernel.
SD : Sandisk UHS-1 32GB

My mods (from when i had an S4... no more )
Samsung GS4 (i9505): Stock camera No Sound
Samsung GS4 (i9505): Sony themed stock message app
Samsung GS4 (i9505): [MEA] Black statusbar

Oxydeme
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellRoot View Post
I had same problem. And it even said it was unlocked... I reentered my imei and copied the code.. After many tries it worked... I used both flashtool and fastboot

On FT, it said Bootloader: NOT ROOTABLE so I think everything come back to stock before I send my phone to the Sav... So just gonna wait and see
Devices I currently use:
Xperia Z

Xperia x8
> Stock SE Kernel

Cheers,
Oxydeme