Xperia Z USB Connection Problem

Tip us?

hdrsid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Xperia Z USB Connection Problem

Hi.

Im having a problem wiht my sony Xperia Z. The problem is with USB port or something else i just cant figure it out.
When i connect my charger, Mobile charges fine. I just have to push charger inside the charging port in cell sometimes but most of the times its fine. But i cant connect it to pc via computer. I used same usb cable to charge, it was working. But then i used it to connect it to pc, It dint worked. I tried alot many other cables. When i connect the USB cable to Xperia Z and PC, nothing happens at all. NOTHING AT ALL. I need to reset my phone and do some other stuff via usb. Can any on please figure out whats the problem is? If it's some software issue or hardware problem??

I searched through forum and could not find any other thread so i started this.
Thanks for help in advance.

51r
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdrsid View Post
Hi.

Im having a problem wiht my sony Xperia Z. The problem is with USB port or something else i just cant figure it out.
When i connect my charger, Mobile charges fine. I just have to push charger inside the charging port in cell sometimes but most of the times its fine. But i cant connect it to pc via computer. I used same usb cable to charge, it was working. But then i used it to connect it to pc, It dint worked. I tried alot many other cables. When i connect the USB cable to Xperia Z and PC, nothing happens at all. NOTHING AT ALL. I need to reset my phone and do some other stuff via usb. Can any on please figure out whats the problem is? If it's some software issue or hardware problem??

it's software problem .. I think you should download SEUS and reflash your rom , btw there are only charging cables.. are you sure that this cable isn't only charging..

hdrsid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 51r View Post
it's software problem .. I think you should download SEUS and reflash your rom , btw there are only charging cables.. are you sure that this cable isn't only charging..
I dint get what you are saying?? I tried many other carging cables, Every cable CHARGES but it does'nt work as USB cable. And If i cant connect my xperia z to computer how am i suppose to reflash my rom ??

Trucifix
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Hello. I don't mean to sound rude but if you're saying you search can't connect USB and didn't find anything, I think maybe try to re-phrase your search terms. Try some of these http://forum.xda-developers.com/site...t%20with%20usb

Also, cover the basics. Have you deleted any system apps. Tried USB Debugging Mode. What OS ?

Does it even attempt to install drivers, what does the device manager say ?

What does it do when you connect in flash mode, what about fastboot mode. I had an awful time making my Samsung galaxy s3 to connect via USB to my Mac, I would use my SD Card when installing roms, when I started playing with different ones, I learned real quick that some Roms worked flawlessly, some with some help, some roms wouldn't connect to USB at all. Although that was never the case with my XZ, once it installed the fastboot and fastmode drivers for Windows 7, it's never had an issue, I can't really remember before then.

Also wiggle the card and the connection around see if it quits charging. Those are a few things to try, good luck
Phone: T-Mobile Xperia Z C6606

Did someone help you? Click on the THANKS button.

51r
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
I dint get what you are saying?? I tried many other carging cables, Every cable CHARGES but it does'nt work as USB cable. And If i cant connect my xperia z to computer how am i suppose to reflash my rom ??
I mean that there are cables made only for charging .. not for PC .. the cheap ones with the wall chargers.. they are only charging cable.. not data

Ninou05
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Hi.

hey dude i have a problem too my xperia z can't charge when i put it in the charger it won't charge nothing happens and when i connect it with pc with the usb cable start reading it then out on then out and it keeps this way without stoping please help me please it's new xperia
Tags
usb problem, xperia z, xperia z usb cable, xperia z usb cable connection problem.