Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 52,205 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Xperia Z Water Resistance Problems..HELP

Tip us?

UrbanSkullKid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Xperia Z Water Resistance Problems..HELP

I read this few mins ago and now im scared about it.

...yes its water resistent but valid for few months.. because it has litmus paper in every port which after few months will become red on exposure to water even withall ports closed and once it gets red your warrenty will be void and then the phone camera will start getting moisture and your image will be blur and then the service people will tell you about litmus and will ask you 80% of the phone value for new phone even if there is small problem as it can't be open...

IS THIS TRUE?

-totonio-
Old
Thanks Meter 49

DONATE TO ME
My paper is red on headphone jack port.
It became red, but the times I washed my phone all the flaps were perfectly closed.
Maybe, its water resistant for some months because the flaps will become ruined..

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app
Phone: Sony Xperia Z
ROM: Stock 4.3 10.4.B.0.569
KERNEL: XzKernel v20
+SanDisk 32GB Class 10+

Haldi4803
Old
Thanks Meter 263
All my papers are red too. I even had water in my camera. My back came off(just a little) due to Heath and when I washed it the water got it.
Everything is still working but all papers are red.

I'm gonna RMA the phone soon because of black dots in the camera. I wonder what they will say.

snapdragons4pro
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanSkullKid View Post
I read this few mins ago and now im scared about it.

...yes its water resistent but valid for few months.. because it has litmus paper in every port which after few months will become red on exposure to water even withall ports closed and once it gets red your warrenty will be void and then the phone camera will start getting moisture and your image will be blur and then the service people will tell you about litmus and will ask you 80% of the phone value for new phone even if there is small problem as it can't be open...

IS THIS TRUE?
yeah its true, you can check the discussion on the xperia z general forums about the backplate coming out unglued

Sony Xperia Z > Xperia Z General > {DISCUSSION}Xperia Z back glass coming unglued

just read carefully from the first post what are people talking about and you'll find out by yourself for me, i tread the phone water resistant features as an insurance for such unexpectecd thing happens. also, some people suggest that you can make the litmus paper colored white again by cleaning it or rubbing it with cotton buds using a small amount of bleach,

UrbanSkullKid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default uhmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by -totonio- View Post
My paper is red on headphone jack port.
It became red, but the times I washed my phone all the flaps were perfectly closed.
Maybe, its water resistant for some months because the flaps will become ruined..

i removed my headphone jack flap and the paper is still white and i even checked the charging port white again but the micro sd card slot paper is a little bit pink just a little what does that mean?

-totonio-
Old
Thanks Meter 49

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanSkullKid View Post
i removed my headphone jack flap and the paper is still white and i even checked the charging port white again but the micro sd card slot paper is a little bit pink just a little what does that mean?
Water came in, so basically no warranty
Phone: Sony Xperia Z
ROM: Stock 4.3 10.4.B.0.569
KERNEL: XzKernel v20
+SanDisk 32GB Class 10+

olafs93
Old
Thanks Meter 3
All the papers on my phone were red, still got my phone repaired for free,they test the seals and the flaps and if any of them are faulty they will carry out the repairs free of charge under the warranty.