FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more

AOSP 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus Q

Google Nexus Q is an intriguing device released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It was abandoned by … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Xperia Z Water Resistance Problems..HELP

9th February 2014, 07:32 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I read this few mins ago and now im scared about it.


...yes its water resistent but valid for few months.. because it has litmus paper in every port which after few months will become red on exposure to water even withall ports closed and once it gets red your warrenty will be void and then the phone camera will start getting moisture and your image will be blur and then the service people will tell you about litmus and will ask you 80% of the phone value for new phone even if there is small problem as it can't be open...


IS THIS TRUE?
 
 
9th February 2014, 11:48 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Avezzano
Thanks Meter: 61
 
Donate to Me
More
My paper is red on headphone jack port.
It became red, but the times I washed my phone all the flaps were perfectly closed.
Maybe, its water resistant for some months because the flaps will become ruined..

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app
9th February 2014, 10:32 PM |#3  
Haldi4803's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 487
 
More
All my papers are red too. I even had water in my camera. My back came off(just a little) due to Heath and when I washed it the water got it.
Everything is still working but all papers are red.

I'm gonna RMA the phone soon because of black dots in the camera. I wonder what they will say.
9th February 2014, 11:44 PM |#4  
snapdragons4pro's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanSkullKid

I read this few mins ago and now im scared about it.


...yes its water resistent but valid for few months.. because it has litmus paper in every port which after few months will become red on exposure to water even withall ports closed and once it gets red your warrenty will be void and then the phone camera will start getting moisture and your image will be blur and then the service people will tell you about litmus and will ask you 80% of the phone value for new phone even if there is small problem as it can't be open...


IS THIS TRUE?

yeah its true, you can check the discussion on the xperia z general forums about the backplate coming out unglued

Sony Xperia Z > Xperia Z General > {DISCUSSION}Xperia Z back glass coming unglued

just read carefully from the first post what are people talking about and you'll find out by yourself for me, i tread the phone water resistant features as an insurance for such unexpectecd thing happens. also, some people suggest that you can make the litmus paper colored white again by cleaning it or rubbing it with cotton buds using a small amount of bleach,
20th February 2014, 02:45 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
uhmm...
Quote:
Originally Posted by -totonio-

My paper is red on headphone jack port.
It became red, but the times I washed my phone all the flaps were perfectly closed.
Maybe, its water resistant for some months because the flaps will become ruined..

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

i removed my headphone jack flap and the paper is still white and i even checked the charging port white again but the micro sd card slot paper is a little bit pink just a little what does that mean?
22nd February 2014, 02:27 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Avezzano
Thanks Meter: 61
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanSkullKid

i removed my headphone jack flap and the paper is still white and i even checked the charging port white again but the micro sd card slot paper is a little bit pink just a little what does that mean?

Water came in, so basically no warranty
23rd February 2014, 07:00 AM |#7  
olafs93's Avatar
Member
Flag Barnsley
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
All the papers on my phone were red, still got my phone repaired for free,they test the seals and the flaps and if any of them are faulty they will carry out the repairs free of charge under the warranty.

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes