Xperia z weird power button problem

OP mayankgamer

5th January 2014, 02:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 0

24 posts
More
i have weird problem .My Xperia z power button works when it is connected to a charger or when the screen is on,If I lock it the phone it does not work so i connect my charger for the buton to work.the phone does not have any water damage.
Please Help!!!!
5th January 2014, 02:57 PM   |  #2  
Flag Country of cheese
Thanks Meter: 287

806 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankgamer

i have weird problem .My Xperia z power button works when it is connected to a charger or when the screen is on,If I lock it the phone it does not work so i connect my charger for the buton to work.the phone does not have any water damage.
Please Help!!!!

I would send it to SONY. That is the best what you can do if you have warranty.
5th January 2014, 04:05 PM   |  #3  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 331

1,578 posts
More
Try this

Disable the Stamina mode. By now it should work as normal. If it does then try the below to see if you can rectify the problem.

1. Go to phone app and key in *#*#7378423#*#* to get to service menu.
2. You should see a menu called service tests, open that and find proximity test.
3. Open it and if it shows you as ON, then you have a proximity issue.
4. Try to tap on the area where the proximity located gently and see if you can get it back on track. If it doesn't, your only choice is to go back to Sony service centre.

Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to LiveSquare For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th January 2014, 08:09 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 0

24 posts
More
The problem was with custom rom i have installed.I have flashed the stock ftf with flashtool and now it is working .My proximity test was ok but my proximity sensor was causing problem while calling which is fixed by gently tapping the area where the proximity sensor is located.
8th May 2014, 04:56 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 24

132 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankgamer

The problem was with custom rom i have installed.I have flashed the stock ftf with flashtool and now it is working .My proximity test was ok but my proximity sensor was causing problem while calling which is fixed by gently tapping the area where the proximity sensor is located.

It is not a hardware problem.

You can try to factory reset.
If it is still not working, then there is a system bug that acknowledged by Sony.
You can try to update your phone. Or wait for next new software to solve this problem.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread