Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Xperia Z's Audio DAC ?

OP smaghe

8th February 2013, 08:08 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 13

57 posts
Odp: [Q] Xperia Z's Audio DAC ?
Agree with you, sometimes I miss a call because of this silent speaker in T. Thanks for the reply.

Wysyłane z mojego LT30p za pomocą Tapatalk 2
8th February 2013, 08:26 PM   |  #22  
Flag london, UK
Thanks Meter: 222

763 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberBoy

Agree with you, sometimes I miss a call because of this silent speaker in T. Thanks for the reply.

Wysyłane z mojego LT30p za pomocą Tapatalk 2

No worries. I was really disappointed by the T tbh, alot of things wrong with it. Poor Battery, low volume on audio when outside, low volume on earpiece, low speaker volume.
9th February 2013, 02:06 AM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
Loudness doesnt state that the audio quality is good even galaxy note 2 has a quite sound but you can mod that and it is said that it has wolfson dac the main question here is what dac is sony using for the xperia Z is it going to be the same from sony walkman F? to make it a good portable DAP
9th February 2013, 09:47 AM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 468

1,016 posts
More
If Z's DAC is the qualcomm one only, then i'm not getting it. I'm an audiophile and I listen to music like 5-6hours per day on phone.

9th February 2013, 09:48 AM   |  #25  
Flag london, UK

763 posts
More
I know loudness alone doesn't set the audio quality boundry but thats the general issue I have found with the S/T they have great audio quality but just not loud enough. On the other hand htc one x/s for example the audio is ok but the phones are loud. samsuck just suck.
The note 2/s3 audio was poor tbh and people were banging on about wolfson DAC.
They were only good when used with external music players like power amp in my case, volume from normal music player was extremely low when you put it on bass boost (dont even know why they call it that might aswell call in bass reducer), even worse was when you had it on custom yes there was bass but where was the volume?. Only time it was sort of loud was on normal. Audio on sony phones is much clearer and theres more bass.
9th February 2013, 10:20 AM   |  #26  
OP Member
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 11

54 posts
Test results posted by Supercurio on the N4 :
http://supercurio.project-voodoo.org...%20Volumes.htm

*Skeptical*
9th February 2013, 10:45 AM   |  #27  
Flag london, UK

763 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smaghe

Test results posted by Supercurio on the N4 :
http://supercurio.project-voodoo.org...%20Volumes.htm

*Skeptical*

Sorry if this sounds stupid but which chart actually measures the loudness of the phone is it noise level?
the reason I ask is because on gsm arena they will have some phones for exapmple with -82 and say its on the quiet side and then like the htc 8x and 8s with -82/83 and say it is one of the loudest phones they have ever heard. I know the sgs3 and GN2 have -90 but phones like the xperia play/arc with -89 seem louder. Also the one x got -82 and is much louder than the s3 and gn2.
9th February 2013, 12:38 PM   |  #28  
Flag India
Thanks Meter: 102

944 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R89SONY

Sorry if this sounds stupid but which chart actually measures the loudness of the phone is it noise level?
the reason I ask is because on gsm arena they will have some phones for exapmple with -82 and say its on the quiet side and then like the htc 8x and 8s with -82/83 and say it is one of the loudest phones they have ever heard. I know the sgs3 and GN2 have -90 but phones like the xperia play/arc with -89 seem louder. Also the one x got -82 and is much louder than the s3 and gn2.

I ABSOLUTELY agree with this..I have seen gsmarena give low scores to so many phones and they turned out to be loud when i used them with headphone..A classic comparison is S3 VS ONE X..S3 is supposed to be -91 and ONE X is -82..Yet when i played music on them using my same pair of sennheiser earbuds, the ONE x was musch louder than S3.
9th February 2013, 12:45 PM   |  #29  
Flag Basingstoke
Thanks Meter: 359

1,181 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan3686

I ABSOLUTELY agree with this..I have seen gsmarena give low scores to so many phones and they turned out to be loud when i used them with headphone..A classic comparison is S3 VS ONE X..S3 is supposed to be -91 and ONE X is -82..Yet when i played music on them using my same pair of sennheiser earbuds, the ONE x was musch louder than S3.

-82db is louder than -91db. So the One X was supposed to be louder according to those numbers. They go the other way untill 0db.
Last edited by Akiainavas; 9th February 2013 at 01:04 PM.
9th February 2013, 02:20 PM   |  #30  
Flag India
Thanks Meter: 102

944 posts
But they list iphone as the least [-92] and its the loudest!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread