Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,530 Members 42,415 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Does XZ kill SD Cards???

Tip us?

JohnnyCarrera
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Does XZ kill SD Cards???

i got the impression that my XZ kills sd cards. does anybody else have that?
it first killed my 32gig sandisk ultra 2 months ago. i thought it was a coincidence and just put in my old 8 gig card(samsung) i had from my old desire hd. and then about a week ago, when i flashed beanstalk i encountered problems for the first time. rom is really laggy, recovery doesn't load, cant open developer options in config menu and so on.
when i click the "storage" button in confg menu, phone freezes. when i pull out the sd card it unfreezes and stops lagging...
without sd everything seems to be back to normal. whats with that????
x102x96x Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCarrera View Post
i got the impression that my XZ kills sd cards. does anybody else have that?
it first killed my 32gig sandisk ultra 2 months ago. i thought it was a coincidence and just put in my old 8 gig card(samsung) i had from my old desire hd. and then about a week ago, when i flashed beanstalk i encountered problems for the first time. rom is really laggy, recovery doesn't load, cant open developer options in config menu and so on.
when i click the "storage" button in confg menu, phone freezes. when i pull out the sd card it unfreezes and stops lagging...
without sd everything seems to be back to normal. whats with that????
with the normal firmware it s not possible
r u root/unlock ? and have installed an app that refer to ext storage with root access
or maybe custom kernel !
something like these can cause this kindda problem!

JohnnyCarrera
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by x102x96x View Post
with the normal firmware it s not possible
r u root/unlock ? and have installed an app that refer to ext storage with root access
or maybe custom kernel !
something like these can cause this kindda problem!

yes, all of the above. i never had that with my desire hd. and i had that for 3 years