Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

XZ Won't Start Unless connected to USB

10th June 2014, 04:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
More
Hi guys I have strange situation with my Xperia Z.
XZ won't start and load OS unless connected to a charger! When unplugged XZ gets to SONY logo, or animation or briefly boots and then dies. Battery is FULL. I've charged it over the nights.
When connected to a USB charger it starts normally and works until disconnected from charger. Then dies after 5-30 sec.

I am experiencing this behaviour after OTA update to newest firmware 10.5.A.0.230. Previously I had rooted 10.4.1.B.0.101 which worked perfectly.
I have tried to flash 4 different ROMs and with all of them XZ dies unless connected to USB charger.

Finally Iíve managed to get restore to original 10.4.1.B.0.101 but still same behaviour.

Please help! I cannot find any similar issues on forum. Tnx!
Last edited by dionysus_zg; 10th June 2014 at 07:02 PM.
10th June 2014, 11:34 PM   |  #2  
Flag here!
Thanks Meter: 448

2,848 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dionysus_zg

Hi guys I have strange situation with my Xperia Z.
XZ won't start and load OS unless connected to a charger! When unplugged XZ gets to SONY logo, or animation or briefly boots and then dies. Battery is FULL. I've charged it over the nights.
When connected to a USB charger it starts normally and works until disconnected from charger. Then dies after 5-30 sec.

I am experiencing this behaviour after OTA update to newest firmware 10.5.A.0.230. Previously I had rooted 10.4.1.B.0.101 which worked perfectly.
I have tried to flash 4 different ROMs and with all of them XZ dies unless connected to USB charger.

Finally I’ve managed to get restore to original 10.4.1.B.0.101 but still same behaviour.

Please help! I cannot find any similar issues on forum. Tnx!

Try to flash 4.2.2 with flashtool or try to use SUS from sony
Last edited by androidfreak70; 10th June 2014 at 11:38 PM.
11th June 2014, 01:49 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

42 posts
the problem is cause by the battery... i faced the same problem before and its now working back to normal after i've changed to the new battery... hope this helps...
The Following User Says Thank You to killgrozrism For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2014, 06:04 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Zagreb

18 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidfreak70

Try to flash 4.2.2 with flashtool or try to use SUS from sony

did you have same issues and it worked after flashing 4.2.2. ? can you pls add link to firmware you've used..

Quote:
Originally Posted by killgrozrism

the problem is cause by the battery... i faced the same problem before and its now working back to normal after i've changed to the new battery... hope this helps...

I've thought it could be battery... did Sony repaired your XZ in your case?
14th June 2014, 06:38 PM   |  #5  
Flag here!
Thanks Meter: 448

2,848 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dionysus_zg

did you have same issues and it worked after flashing 4.2.2. ? can you pls add link to firmware you've used..

I've thought it could be battery... did Sony repaired your XZ in your case?

actually i don't remember what i flashed because long time ago when i flashed 4.2.2
But you can give this one try http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...-2-67-t2512422

Hope its work
If you got the same problem so its the battery problem as the others saying....
Last edited by androidfreak70; 14th June 2014 at 06:41 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to androidfreak70 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2014, 06:43 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 3

42 posts
I've thought it could be battery... did Sony repaired your XZ in your case?[/QUOTE]

I bought the battery from eBay and changed it myself... Working like a charm now, the downside is I lost the water-resistant feature... But hey, as long as the phone working find is good enough...
14th June 2014, 10:19 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Zagreb

18 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by killgrozrism

I bought the battery from eBay and changed it myself... Working like a charm now, the downside is I lost the water-resistant feature... But hey, as long as the phone working find is good enough...

It looks like it's battery... I've tried flashing 4.2.2. but same behaviour. Thank you guys for advice

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread