Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Z/ZL US Release date?

OP roninr1c

3rd February 2013, 04:49 PM   |  #21  
Senior Member
Flag denver
Thanks Meter: 28
 
702 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
More
I wonder why none of the US carrier pick up Sony phone. It does seem like Sony was not very popular to US market and I think it's nice design.
3rd February 2013, 05:53 PM   |  #22  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
111 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Re: Z/ZL US Release date?
I'm not going to doubt him at all. I have no information at all and I know nothing. But I am curious why they list it on there US mobile site as coming soon and it says LTE. Maybe they did that before the deal fell thru?
3rd February 2013, 06:20 PM   |  #23  
Spectre51's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,343
 
3,343 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
More
Re: Z/ZL US Release date?
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertopod1968

I'm not going to doubt him at all. I have no information at all and I know nothing. But I am curious why they list it on there US mobile site as coming soon and it says LTE. Maybe they did that before the deal fell thru?

Who Sony? Yes Sony is still gonna sell it.unlocked and not carrier branded.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ TL
3rd February 2013, 07:36 PM   |  #24  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
111 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Re: Z/ZL US Release date?
Gotcha. The Sony US site lists it as LTE also but that's a no? Or it will have it but only work on a few bands that won't really but useful here?
3rd February 2013, 07:43 PM   |  #25  
AwesomeAHlee's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Washington D.C
Thanks Meter: 25
 
131 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertopod1968

Gotcha. The Sony US site lists it as LTE also but that's a no? Or it will have it but only work on a few bands that won't really but useful here?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2130466 you have to find the right phone, the c6603 has lte but will not work in the US, the c6606 will work with att.
3rd February 2013, 07:49 PM   |  #26  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
111 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Re: Z/ZL US Release date?
Yeah. That PlayStation cetified link doesn't say anything about LTE though unless I'm missing something. And the LTE bands listed on the us Sony site aren't ones that any US carrier uses that I can tell. I gotta believe Spectre on this, but hope something changes.
3rd February 2013, 07:53 PM   |  #27  
AwesomeAHlee's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Washington D.C
Thanks Meter: 25
 
131 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertopod1968

Yeah. That PlayStation cetified link doesn't say anything about LTE though unless I'm missing something. And the LTE bands listed on the us Sony site aren't ones that any US carrier uses that I can tell. I gotta believe Spectre on this, but hope something changes.

the radio's in c6606 (Z) should be similar to c6506 (ZL), just like the c6503 is similar to c6603. use gsm arena to check the frequencies.
Last edited by AwesomeAHlee; 3rd February 2013 at 07:54 PM. Reason: .
3rd February 2013, 09:45 PM   |  #28  
Senior Member
Flag Leuven / Sint-Truiden
Thanks Meter: 905
 
1,389 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeAHlee

the radio's in c6606 (Z) should be similar to c6506 (ZL), just like the c6503 is similar to c6603. use gsm arena to check the frequencies.

GSMArena has errors on that stuff.

Nevermind, full of errors.

It basically comes down to the ZL sold in the US will work on AT&T LTE+3G and T-Mobile LTE+3G. The Xperia Z for the US only has 3G on AT&T and 3G on T-Mo. The Xperia Z for Europe only has 3G on AT&T, no LTE and no T-Mo either.
Last edited by Ambroos; 4th February 2013 at 12:26 AM.
3rd February 2013, 10:50 PM   |  #29  
afrojoc's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Moore, OK
Thanks Meter: 107
 
657 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambroos

GSMArena has errors on that stuff.

The C6603 (which will be mostly sold in Europe with LTE) will work on AT&T's 3G but not on their LTE. The C6605 will work on both AT&T and T-Mobile's 3G but has no LTE. The C6505 (ZL) will work on AT&T and T-Mobile, both LTE and 3G.

Damn I was really hoping on getting the Z on AT&T with LTE. Guess I'm gonna have to pass on this Sony phone too :/
4th February 2013, 12:00 AM   |  #30  
AwesomeAHlee's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Washington D.C
Thanks Meter: 25
 
131 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambroos

GSMArena has errors on that stuff.

The C6603 (which will be mostly sold in Europe with LTE) will work on AT&T's 3G but not on their LTE. The C6605 will work on both AT&T and T-Mobile's 3G but has no LTE. The C6505 (ZL) will work on AT&T and T-Mobile, both LTE and 3G.

c6605 or c6505? the c6602 and c6502 are hspa+ only models, the c6606 and c6506 will be lte models compatible with att lte. and c6603 and c6503 are international lte phones.

Source for c6602 bands
http://dl-developer.sonymobile.com/d...HSPA+_WP_2.pdf

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes