Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,599 Members 43,185 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Z/ZL US Release date?

Tip us?

randy_c
Old
Thanks Meter 28
I wonder why none of the US carrier pick up Sony phone. It does seem like Sony was not very popular to US market and I think it's nice design.
Iphone 5 & Lumia 1520

Xperia ZL & Lumia 920
Xperia S Xperia Ion Xperia TX Xperia P
Samsung Focus Flash
Iphone 4S/
Iphone 4 / Samsung Capivate
Iphone 3GS/ Iphone 3G
Xperia X1
Samsung Omina

robertopod1968
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Default Re: Z/ZL US Release date?

I'm not going to doubt him at all. I have no information at all and I know nothing. But I am curious why they list it on there US mobile site as coming soon and it says LTE. Maybe they did that before the deal fell thru?

Spectre51
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,331

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertopod1968 View Post
I'm not going to doubt him at all. I have no information at all and I know nothing. But I am curious why they list it on there US mobile site as coming soon and it says LTE. Maybe they did that before the deal fell thru?
Who Sony? Yes Sony is still gonna sell it.unlocked and not carrier branded.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ TL

Current Phones/Tablets:
Xperia Z2 // OnePlus One // Xperia Z Ultra // Lumia 1020 // Surface Pro
Accessories
Sony SmartBand // Sony Smart Wireless Headset pro MW1 // Smart Bluetooth Handset SBH52 // Z Ultra Power Cover CP12
Past Phones/Tablets:
iPhone 1st Gen/3GS/4S // Nexus One // Dell Streak // Atrix 4g // Lumia 900, 920 // Xperia Play, S, P, ion, TL, Z, Z1 // Xperia Tablet Z // iPad 1, 3

Click here for my Xperia firmware downloads.
Use the Thanks button if I helped.

robertopod1968
Old
Thanks Meter 19

Gotcha. The Sony US site lists it as LTE also but that's a no? Or it will have it but only work on a few bands that won't really but useful here?

AwesomeAHlee
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Gotcha. The Sony US site lists it as LTE also but that's a no? Or it will have it but only work on a few bands that won't really but useful here?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2130466 you have to find the right phone, the c6603 has lte but will not work in the US, the c6606 will work with att.

robertopod1968
Old
Thanks Meter 19

Yeah. That PlayStation cetified link doesn't say anything about LTE though unless I'm missing something. And the LTE bands listed on the us Sony site aren't ones that any US carrier uses that I can tell. I gotta believe Spectre on this, but hope something changes.

AwesomeAHlee
Old
(Last edited by AwesomeAHlee; 3rd February 2013 at 06:54 PM.) Reason: .
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Yeah. That PlayStation cetified link doesn't say anything about LTE though unless I'm missing something. And the LTE bands listed on the us Sony site aren't ones that any US carrier uses that I can tell. I gotta believe Spectre on this, but hope something changes.
the radio's in c6606 (Z) should be similar to c6506 (ZL), just like the c6503 is similar to c6603. use gsm arena to check the frequencies.

Ambroos
Old
(Last edited by Ambroos; 3rd February 2013 at 11:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeAHlee View Post
the radio's in c6606 (Z) should be similar to c6506 (ZL), just like the c6503 is similar to c6603. use gsm arena to check the frequencies.
GSMArena has errors on that stuff.

Nevermind, full of errors.

It basically comes down to the ZL sold in the US will work on AT&T LTE+3G and T-Mobile LTE+3G. The Xperia Z for the US only has 3G on AT&T and 3G on T-Mo. The Xperia Z for Europe only has 3G on AT&T, no LTE and no T-Mo either.
Sony Xperia Z2 - D6503, black
Sony Xperia Tablet Z LTE - SGP321, black
Sony Xperia Z1 - C6903, black, backup

Huge Sony (Ericsson) fan.
J210i, K320i, G705, Arc, Elm, Neo, Arc S, Xperia S, Xperia T, Xperia Z, Xperia Z1, Xperia Tablet Z, Xperia Z2

afrojoc
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambroos View Post

The C6603 (which will be mostly sold in Europe with LTE) will work on AT&T's 3G but not on their LTE. The C6605 will work on both AT&T and T-Mobile's 3G but has no LTE. The C6505 (ZL) will work on AT&T and T-Mobile, both LTE and 3G.
Damn I was really hoping on getting the Z on AT&T with LTE. Guess I'm gonna have to pass on this Sony phone too :/

AwesomeAHlee
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambroos View Post

The C6603 (which will be mostly sold in Europe with LTE) will work on AT&T's 3G but not on their LTE. The C6605 will work on both AT&T and T-Mobile's 3G but has no LTE. The C6505 (ZL) will work on AT&T and T-Mobile, both LTE and 3G.
c6605 or c6505? the c6602 and c6502 are hspa+ only models, the c6606 and c6506 will be lte models compatible with att lte. and c6603 and c6503 are international lte phones.

Source for c6602 bands
http://dl-developer.sonymobile.com/d...HSPA+_WP_2.pdf