5,594,151 Members 47,342 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Z/ZL US Release date?

Tip us?
 
Spectre51
Old
#81  
Spectre51's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1267
Posts: 3,248
Join Date: Jul 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Z/ZL US Release date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewb1026 View Post
Sorry for asking but Ive been searching all ove the place for the answer....what model of the Z will run on AT&T?
C6602 for HSPA+ only or C6606 for LTE

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z

Current Phones/Tablets:
Xperia Z1 // Xperia Z Ultra // Lumia 1020 // Xperia Z // Xperia Tablet Z // Surface Pro
Accessories
Sony Smartwatch MN2 // Sony Smart Wireless Headset pro MW1 // Smart Bluetooth Handset SBH52 // Z Ultra Power Cover CP12
Past Phones/Tablets:
iPhone 1st Gen/3GS/4S // Nexus One // Dell Streak // Atrix 4g // Lumia 900, 920 // Xperia Play, S, P, ion, TL // iPad 1, 3

Click here for my Xperia firmware downloads.
Use the Thanks button if I helped.
 
That Future
Old
#82  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 73
Join Date: Jul 2011
when it gets pushed to USA do you think the unlocked version will be able to run on Sprints network. 3g at the moment not 4g or LTE.
 
rycexboi
Old
(Last edited by rycexboi; 28th February 2013 at 12:14 PM.)
#83  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 69
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Future View Post
when it gets pushed to USA do you think the unlocked version will be able to run on Sprints network. 3g at the moment not 4g or LTE.
uhh..I thought Sprint was not gsm.
 
cooltranier13px
Old
#84  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 43
Join Date: Oct 2010
Their not. So it won't be able to. This also includes Verizon.
 
robertopod1968
Old
#85  
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 82
Join Date: Feb 2012
Default Re: Z/ZL US Release date?

Reading between the lines from all the people that seem to have some insight, I think they are only coming to T-Mobile in the US and they are waiting for T-Mobile to light up there LTE service and one or both of these will be launched as T-Mobile's LTE capable phone(s). I have no "insider" friend or anything. Just my guess
 
Spectre51
Old
#86  
Spectre51's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1267
Posts: 3,248
Join Date: Jul 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Z/ZL US Release date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertopod1968 View Post
Reading between the lines from all the people that seem to have some insight, I think they are only coming to T-Mobile in the US and they are waiting for T-Mobile to light up there LTE service and one or both of these will be launched as T-Mobile's LTE capable phone(s). I have no "insider" friend or anything. Just my guess
The ZL didn't get picked up by any US carriers. Should be available unlocked soon.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z

Current Phones/Tablets:
Xperia Z1 // Xperia Z Ultra // Lumia 1020 // Xperia Z // Xperia Tablet Z // Surface Pro
Accessories
Sony Smartwatch MN2 // Sony Smart Wireless Headset pro MW1 // Smart Bluetooth Handset SBH52 // Z Ultra Power Cover CP12
Past Phones/Tablets:
iPhone 1st Gen/3GS/4S // Nexus One // Dell Streak // Atrix 4g // Lumia 900, 920 // Xperia Play, S, P, ion, TL // iPad 1, 3

Click here for my Xperia firmware downloads.
Use the Thanks button if I helped.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spectre51 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Trollololol
Old
#87  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 63
Join Date: Feb 2013
http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/sony-xp...us-28-02-2013/

These A-holes got me excited for a sec.
 
avetny
Old
#88  
avetny's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1559
Posts: 4,914
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Private Island.
Ok guys just want to confirm for you.
C6603 will not work with usa tmobile 3G in "any area".
The 3G will work only with AT&T.

And this is sad for me. I tough it will work in some areas with 3G, but no.)


Regards.
 
akong702
Old
#89  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 128
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre51 View Post
The ZL didn't get picked up by any US carriers. Should be available unlocked soon.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z
Hi Spectre, great info you've been providin in the forums. Any idea if the ZL will work on HSPA+ for t-mobile? Sorry, if it's already been answered.
 
dachao
Old
#90  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 477
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by akong702 View Post
Hi Spectre, great info you've been providin in the forums. Any idea if the ZL will work on HSPA+ for t-mobile? Sorry, if it's already been answered.
white paper

http://dl-developer.sonymobile.com/d...C6506_WP_4.pdf

Networks
C6506 UMTS HSPA+ 850 (Band V), 900 (Band VIII), 1700 (Band IV),
1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I)
GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900
LTE Band I, Band II, Band IV, Band V and Band XVII

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dachao For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes