Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,773 Members 52,037 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Z2 issue?

Tip us?

TheGoddess_
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Z2 issue?

I saw this "hands on" video and she had some complaints regarding the phone so I sent her an email and she responded me:

" the phone has plastic sides. The PR agent who showed me his white phone was wearing black pants. After only a few days with the device in his pocket, the dye from his pants transfered and stained the white plastic of the Z2. This probably happens because of the texture of the plastic. It is a matte finish when it should be glossy for white for the exact reason I am telling you here.
I don't know if they will fix it. They will need to change the plastic... Or seal it from stains. We shall see."

What do u guys think about this? Maybe the PR agent had new pants on and thats why the phone got colored

Hellscythe
Old
Thanks Meter 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoddess_ View Post
I saw this "hands on" video and she had some complaints regarding the phone so I sent her an email and she responded me:

" the phone has plastic sides. The PR agent who showed me his white phone was wearing black pants. After only a few days with the device in his pocket, the dye from his pants transfered and stained the white plastic of the Z2. This probably happens because of the texture of the plastic. It is a matte finish when it should be glossy for white for the exact reason I am telling you here.
I don't know if they will fix it. They will need to change the plastic... Or seal it from stains. We shall see."

What do u guys think about this? Maybe the PR agent had new pants on and thats why the phone got colored
was it an actual stain? or was it just like, material that came off the pants?
if it could be rubbed off then it shouldnt be too bad hahah

TheGoddess_
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I don't know, I got a bit worried because I Preordered the white one and then I heard about this.Can't find more info about it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzy1912 View Post
was it an actual stain? or was it just like, material that came off the pants?
if it could be rubbed off then it shouldnt be too bad hahah

TheGoddess_
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dviY...re=c4-overview

Here is the video I referring to

elias234
Old
Thanks Meter 65
this still a prototype device , wait for the device to at least get released , why start nag from now about the phone ans there is still couple of month to get released

TheGoddess_
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well I just wanted ppl to get aware of it, she will post a new video about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elias234 View Post
this still a prototype device , wait for the device to at least get released , why start nag from now about the phone ans there is still couple of month to get released