No registration required

ZL noob needs advice

OP BlechMann

10th April 2014, 07:04 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22

178 posts
Hi there people!

My name is Andreas from Germany and I just sold my Xperia S for a ZL. For the last few months I was stuck with combo of Nature Xperia Rom and Doom Kernel cause of incredible battery Life. Now Ive opened up my BL and wondered what ROM/Kernel Combo to choose for ZL since Ive found no real advice in the threads. Even If its worth trying KK Rom instead of 4.3 based?!?!

Any Advices?? Thank You!
10th April 2014, 11:09 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 233

466 posts
More
Hey German Dude, I think this thread match better with the q&a forum

You have to find your own best Rom yourself, someone like stock because Bravia and remote, some like cm because the customisation options and always stay latest android. Since you have unlocked bootloader you can try every rom you can found here in zl section.
I'am a flashaholic, I flash new rom near every 5 days.

If you need help, don't be shy and ask

Regards SafiXS

Gesendet von meinem C6503 mit Tapatalk
10th April 2014, 08:50 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 346

1,422 posts
More
Hey German Dude,

Kai here
The best 4.4 ROMs in my eyes are carbon & Luiquidsmooth.
CM has regular updates, lineup Linaro mod CM is supposed to be extremely optimised on the hardware, maybe it's the best way to go.
I am waiting (and hoping) for Sailfish OS and currently using simple CyanogenMod 10.2 (android 4.3). It's really easy going. Fast, smooth, stable, statisfying
Greetings

Gesendet von meinem C6503 mit Tapatalk
11th April 2014, 01:22 PM   |  #4  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 6

60 posts
More
For stock experience try eXistenZ by niaboc79 with 78Kernel by Gustavo RD78. Very good battery life.
Doom Kernel didn't work properly for me.
13th April 2014, 08:12 AM   |  #5  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 109

492 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlechMann

Hi there people!

My name is Andreas from Germany and I just sold my Xperia S for a ZL. For the last few months I was stuck with combo of Nature Xperia Rom and Doom Kernel cause of incredible battery Life. Now Ive opened up my BL and wondered what ROM/Kernel Combo to choose for ZL since Ive found no real advice in the threads. Even If its worth trying KK Rom instead of 4.3 based?!?!

Any Advices?? Thank You!

Bro Adding to the same topic. I wanna use Kitkat ROM. Will be unlocking bootloader soon. Which is stable most and faster ROM CM or CM bases. and I have another question Xperia Camera features are great. so what would you guys suggest. i have been used to rooting and all that stuffs. so is it worth changing ROM from Stock to CM. only two things are stopping me IR and Camera . now that IR is working with some App on CM. Im really confused
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread