Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,205 Members 40,380 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ZL noob needs advice

Tip us?

BlechMann
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Question ZL noob needs advice

Hi there people!

My name is Andreas from Germany and I just sold my Xperia S for a ZL. For the last few months I was stuck with combo of Nature Xperia Rom and Doom Kernel cause of incredible battery Life. Now Ive opened up my BL and wondered what ROM/Kernel Combo to choose for ZL since Ive found no real advice in the threads. Even If its worth trying KK Rom instead of 4.3 based?!?!

Any Advices?? Thank You!

SafiXS
Old
Thanks Meter 223
Hey German Dude, I think this thread match better with the q&a forum

You have to find your own best Rom yourself, someone like stock because Bravia and remote, some like cm because the customisation options and always stay latest android. Since you have unlocked bootloader you can try every rom you can found here in zl section.
I'am a flashaholic, I flash new rom near every 5 days.

If you need help, don't be shy and ask

Regards SafiXS

Gesendet von meinem C6503 mit Tapatalk
Xperia Z1 fired on with Multiboot
Primary: Stock with Doomkernel
Secondary: FXP CM11 with Pimped Kernel

keenofhiphop
Old
Thanks Meter 333
Hey German Dude,

Kai here
The best 4.4 ROMs in my eyes are carbon & Luiquidsmooth.
CM has regular updates, lineup Linaro mod CM is supposed to be extremely optimised on the hardware, maybe it's the best way to go.
I am waiting (and hoping) for Sailfish OS and currently using simple CyanogenMod 10.2 (android 4.3). It's really easy going. Fast, smooth, stable, statisfying
Greetings

Gesendet von meinem C6503 mit Tapatalk
keenofhiphop:
Motorola Moto G LTE
Sony Xperia C6503 ZL [bricked], Sony Xperia C5303 SP [sold], Sony Xperia L [sold], Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i [retired]

CTPAHHIK
Old
Thanks Meter 4
For stock experience try eXistenZ by niaboc79 with 78Kernel by Gustavo RD78. Very good battery life.
Doom Kernel didn't work properly for me.

coolrevi
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlechMann View Post
Hi there people!

My name is Andreas from Germany and I just sold my Xperia S for a ZL. For the last few months I was stuck with combo of Nature Xperia Rom and Doom Kernel cause of incredible battery Life. Now Ive opened up my BL and wondered what ROM/Kernel Combo to choose for ZL since Ive found no real advice in the threads. Even If its worth trying KK Rom instead of 4.3 based?!?!

Any Advices?? Thank You!
Bro Adding to the same topic. I wanna use Kitkat ROM. Will be unlocking bootloader soon. Which is stable most and faster ROM CM or CM bases. and I have another question Xperia Camera features are great. so what would you guys suggest. i have been used to rooting and all that stuffs. so is it worth changing ROM from Stock to CM. only two things are stopping me IR and Camera . now that IR is working with some App on CM. Im really confused