Android AOSP 4.3 Compiled for Xperia Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

pulser_g2

Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2009
Since everyone always loves MOAR VERSION NUMBAH...

Android 4.3 for the Xperia Z. With a BIG shout out to Sony Mobile for hosting their own git repository for their deviceshttps://github.com/sonyxperiadev/device-sony-c6603.

This is compiled from AOSP, and has nothing done beyond that. Simply added the Sony repo to Android 4.3 AOSP, and built. As per the Sony AOSP releases, this does not have functional Radio (no phone calls or SMS!!!) or indeed any connectivity.

Working:
Wifi

Not Working:
Mobile network
Bluetooth

I will not tell you how to make mobile network work, but it is not difficult and just involves some binary blobs from memory... Sony don't have the right to distribute those officially, so I won't do it either ;)

In light of this not being a working build, I will not post it as a zip, but as fastboot flashable images. Unlocked bootloader only. C6603 was used to test, other models entirely at your risk (ie. don't bother).

Links:

All files needed are in
http://goo.im/devs/pulser/XperiaZ/4.3AOSP

and will appear there shortly (upload done, it's still propogating)

Feel free to mirror, share, modify, edit, tweak, fix, etc etc etc. I am not like certain individuals who go ZOMG NO MIRRORS PLEASE... Go on, mirror, make a torrent if you want, and share it if anyone actually cares about this :) It's really not that good, but hey...
Top secret information:
Yes, you are also permitted to use this... Yes... that's right, you can use it!

To install:

fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img

(optionally, I did it, shouldn't be needed)
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
fastboot flash cache cache.img

Build instructions to replicate :

Get android 4.3 sources.
Get sony c6603 information on repositories and add to local_manifests for 4.3
Get latest v3 blobs for phone and tablet Z
Put them into vendor/sony/
Repo sync
Make

Last edited:

pulser_g2

Nov 27, 2009
You sir are 1 step ahead of me. Thanks man. Is it ok if i can use these?

Feel free to mirror, share, modify, edit, tweak, fix, etc etc etc. I am not like certain individuals who go ZOMG NO MIRRORS PLEASE... Go on, mirror, make a torrent if you want, and share it if anyone actually cares about this It's really not that good, but hey...

Oops, I forgot to add "use" to that list.

Yes, they can also be used! I shall add "use" to the list :)

Links not working yet, but I gave them a kick

pulser_g2

Nov 27, 2009
Someone provide galaxy s3 to this AWESOME guy

No thanks, got plenty of devices, and I have the N7100 (Note 2), which is very similar in hardware to the S3. Exynos is nothing like as easy to do this to, that's why Sony devices are first!

Honestly, it was easier to get this booting on my Z phone and Z tablet, than it was on a Nexus 10 (an official Nexus device!)

Hellscythe

Sep 8, 2012
straya kienttt
No thanks, got plenty of devices, and I have the N7100 (Note 2), which is very similar in hardware to the S3. Exynos is nothing like as easy to do this to, that's why Sony devices are first!

Honestly, it was easier to get this booting on my Z phone and Z tablet, than it was on a Nexus 10 (an official Nexus device!)

We welcome you to the xperia z development scene with open arms :D

Reactions: L3RMiNi

pulser_g2

Nov 27, 2009
FYI: I uploaded my first 4.3 based build:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=42084058

I got all hardware working, there are only some minor issues (no 4.3 gapps (using a patched 4.2) and the AOSP voice dialer is hanging (known aosp bug on BT devices).

Nice to see! You are aware you should be able to make a new GApps package from the factory images? I don't use GApps though, so I haven't done it. But it should be easy enough to do.

Reactions: gm007

alessa

Jul 5, 2008
I had to see, the recovery is not accessible .... this risk is all the same and no current mod will work with this rom, I'll wait another is, I think,

but thank you for your great job :good: !

pulser_g2

Nov 27, 2009
In light of there being a supported/maintained 4.3 AOSP for Xperia Z, consider this discontinued.

Indeed, @pabx 's ROM makes the Xperia Z pretty much Nexus standard, in terms of the hardware support. Most impressive from Sony! As such I will close this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since everyone always loves MOAR VERSION NUMBAH...

Android 4.3 for the Xperia Z. With a BIG shout out to Sony Mobile for hosting their own git repository for their deviceshttps://github.com/sonyxperiadev/device-sony-c6603.

This is compiled from AOSP, and has nothing done beyond that. Simply added the Sony repo to Android 4.3 AOSP, and built. As per the Sony AOSP releases, this does not have functional Radio (no phone calls or SMS!!!) or indeed any connectivity.

Working:
    Wifi

Not Working:
    Mobile network
    Bluetooth

I will not tell you how to make mobile network work, but it is not difficult and just involves some binary blobs from memory... Sony don't have the right to distribute those officially, so I won't do it either ;)

In light of this not being a working build, I will not post it as a zip, but as fastboot flashable images. Unlocked bootloader only. C6603 was used to test, other models entirely at your risk (ie. don't bother).

Links:

All files needed are in
    http://goo.im/devs/pulser/XperiaZ/4.3AOSP

and will appear there shortly (upload done, it's still propogating)

Feel free to mirror, share, modify, edit, tweak, fix, etc etc etc. I am not like certain individuals who go ZOMG NO MIRRORS PLEASE... Go on, mirror, make a torrent if you want, and share it if anyone actually cares about this :) It's really not that good, but hey...
    Top secret information:
    Yes, you are also permitted to use this... Yes... that's right, you can use it!

To install:

fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash system system.img

(optionally, I did it, shouldn't be needed)
    fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
    fastboot flash cache cache.img

Build instructions to replicate :

Get android 4.3 sources.
    Get sony c6603 information on repositories and add to local_manifests for 4.3
    Get latest v3 blobs for phone and tablet Z
    Put them into vendor/sony/
    Repo sync
    Make
    Someone provide galaxy s3 to this AWESOME guy

Oh i sent you a PM too lol. Sorry but XDA members are really tight when it comes to sharing so when I read that I couldnt believe you said it lol

Lmao... They might be, I'm not... I just typed a few commands, tweaked a couple of stupid errors I made, and it was done.
    In light of there being a supported/maintained 4.3 AOSP for Xperia Z, consider this discontinued.

Indeed, @pabx 's ROM makes the Xperia Z pretty much Nexus standard, in terms of the hardware support. Most impressive from Sony! As such I will close this thread now.
    We welcome you to the xperia z development scene with open arms :D

Thanks :) Though actually I've been here since the very start, around the very start of the shipments of the Z :)