[DEV][WIP][AOSP]AOSP 4.2.2 alpha2 coming up for Sony Xperia Z[06/05]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

krabappel2548

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2011
Lommel
I haven't tested this yet, but why is this better in some ways than CM10? The main reason that I'm still on stock is because of that annoying 1-2 seconds delay every time I turn on the screen. If this is not apparent here, couldn't it be transferable to CM10?

Well, that bug isn't there, but I'll try to build AOSP up from the ground myself now, because the one from Sony literally has nothing working.. I've builded it again, but still no WiFi, Bluetooth etc..

Will it work on locked bootloader ???

This requires custom kernel and can never be flashed on locked bootloaders

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

krabappel2548

Nov 15, 2011
Lommel
I'm going to build my alpha 1.1 today :)

If everything goes as expected then wifi and bluetooth should be fixed and then you guys at least can hvave a better preview of AOSP ;)

EDIT: for some weird reason there still is no Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and not even sound, will work on it tomorrow

Last edited:

BoneMo

Jun 25, 2009
Prague
progress

do not want to be annoying,but is the next release coming any time this month...i am interested to try but nothing happens here :fingers-crossed::p

Aresmar

Aug 16, 2011
After the news we get that Sony will release AOSP rom shouldnt they be officially release the aosp rom? Why they dont release it I dont get it.

Especially Googles news about Samsung S4 AOSP version Sony would kill them by releasing the aokp before this.

pabx

Apr 5, 2011
Zurich
Working on an AOSP rom, it isn't that easy :p

Are you still working on this? I was tinkering around with the Sony sources and (so far) got Bluetooth, NFC, OMX + Sound working.

(Broken are (= didn't look into it) RIL (telephony+gsm), WIFI and the Camera)

Edit
Also got RIL working: SMS, Data and Incoming calls are working fine: The internal speaker -> external speaker switch-bug of CM is not present :)
(Just like the laggy-audio & laggy-power-on bugs are NOT present in AOSP). But d'oh: Outgoing calls are currently not working, but shouldn't be too hard to fix :)

Last edited:

krabappel2548

Nov 15, 2011
Lommel
Are you still working on this? I was tinkering around with the Sony sources and (so far) got Bluetooth, NFC, OMX + Sound working.

Edit
Also got RIL working: SMS, Data and Incoming calls are working fine: The internal speaker -> external speaker switch-bug of CM is not present :)
(Just like the laggy-audio & laggy-power-on bugs are NOT present in AOSP). But d'oh: Outgoing calls are currently not working, but shouldn't be too hard to fix :)

Nice, I was also discussing AOSP with another Dev, anyway pm me your gtalk if that's ok for you? :)

Mr. Corny

Dec 17, 2010
Hello Krab,

Just want to express my interest in this project. I am using Xperia Z as my daily driver, so I will wait for more stable / working realise, but I am really looking forward for AOSP ROM on my smartphone.

rotkiv3451

Apr 14, 2012
How is the battery life in AOSP?
On stock ROM it's like 4:30 screen on time, while on CM10 it's just 2:30.

pabx

Apr 5, 2011
Zurich
Nice, I was also discussing AOSP with another Dev, anyway pm me your gtalk if that's ok for you? :)

I would actually prefer IRC:

How about irc.freenode.net/#xperiaz-aosp ?

btw: GPS is now also working :) [but i still need to make it nicer: I could probably reduce the amount of blobs used]

pabx

Apr 5, 2011
Zurich
I've uploaded a first test build to: http://android.eqmx.net/android/xperia/xperia_aosp_fastbootme_v1.tgz

To install it, unpack the tgz and fastboot flash {boot,system,userdata]

Note: This will wipe your data

Currently working are:
  • Wifi (using the opensource driver - seems to cause deepsleep issues (?))
  • Bluetooth (works, but the MAC is wrong)
  • OMX (HW-Video Decoding)
  • Sound

NOT working are:
  • Camera
  • GPS
  • Making OUTGOING calls (incoming + SMS + GPRS are OK!)

Sources are at: https://github.com/adrian-bl-yuga/device-sony-c6603

Useless screenshot:
uwZTwIB.png

If someone would like to help: Feel free to do so. The code on Github is up-to-date.

I'm currently working on fixing RIL (Network selection - already got a fix for the duplicate networks and i know why rild crashes) + improving the wireless driver.

Other open tasks are:
  • Fixing GPS: This should be easy: I already had it working once. It's just a matter of copying the correct gps libraries (libloc) + firmware (?) to the correct location. This doesn't require any sourcecode modifications and would be a great task for a beginner
  • Camera: *probably* also only a matter of finding the correct libs. But i didn't look into it yet and it may require some sourcecode modifications (ABI breakage)
  • Kernelpanic on encryption: The kernel panics itself as the modem fails to startup. A naive approach would be to simply increase the wait-time to eg. 1h. Figuring out why the modem fails would, of course, be better ;) (it's probably searching something in /data and fails to find it as the encryption process mounts a fake bare-bones /data partition)
  • Bake CWM into boot.img during build

Last edited:

Hellscythe

Sep 8, 2012
straya kienttt

Edit

:D
External speaker switch bug is not present? :D :D :D
Maybe you can talk with the CM team or something?
because i think that and the 2 second screen delay are the only major bugs in CM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Krabappel2548 is proud to present:
    AOSP 4.2.2 for Xperia Z:

== Info ==
    This is AOSP 4.2.2 for Xperia Z, a lot of things don't work, this is just to give you guys a taste of how it feels, I'll keep updating this rom to get as much as possible working.

For now this alpha version is just the Source code from sony compiled :)

== Working ==
    - Everything that's not in the not working list :)

== Not working ==
    - Wi-Fi Should be fixed in alpha 1.1
    - Bluetooth Should be fixed in alpha 1.1
    - GSM
    - Camera
    - Report it to me

== To do ==
    - Include recovery
    - Make flashable zip
    - Fix Wi-Fi Should be fixed in alpha 1.1
    - Fix Bluetooth Should be fixed in alpha 1.1
    - Fix build.prop compilation issue

== Installation instructions ==
    This will wipe your internal storage!!!
    - Flash userdata, system and boot via fastboot
    I won't explain this more, if you don't know what it means, you don't need to flash this yet!

== Download ==
    - AOSP 4.2.2: AOSP 4.2.2 Xperia Z alpha 1
    I've uploaded a first test build to: http://android.eqmx.net/android/xperia/xperia_aosp_fastbootme_v1.tgz

To install it, unpack the tgz and fastboot flash {boot,system,userdata]

Note: This will wipe your data

Currently working are:
    • Wifi (using the opensource driver - seems to cause deepsleep issues (?))
    • Bluetooth (works, but the MAC is wrong)
    • OMX (HW-Video Decoding)
    • Sound

NOT working are:
    • Camera
    • GPS
    • Making OUTGOING calls (incoming + SMS + GPRS are OK!)

Sources are at: https://github.com/adrian-bl-yuga/device-sony-c6603

Useless screenshot:
    uwZTwIB.png

If someone would like to help: Feel free to do so. The code on Github is up-to-date.

I'm currently working on fixing RIL (Network selection - already got a fix for the duplicate networks and i know why rild crashes) + improving the wireless driver.

Other open tasks are:
    • Fixing GPS: This should be easy: I already had it working once. It's just a matter of copying the correct gps libraries (libloc) + firmware (?) to the correct location. This doesn't require any sourcecode modifications and would be a great task for a beginner
    • Camera: *probably* also only a matter of finding the correct libs. But i didn't look into it yet and it may require some sourcecode modifications (ABI breakage)
    • Kernelpanic on encryption: The kernel panics itself as the modem fails to startup. A naive approach would be to simply increase the wait-time to eg. 1h. Figuring out why the modem fails would, of course, be better ;) (it's probably searching something in /data and fails to find it as the encryption process mounts a fake bare-bones /data partition)
    • Bake CWM into boot.img during build
    Nice job pabx ;) can't wait to test your next build :p Thanks for your hard work, and thanks to all the devs who contributed too ;)

Sent from my C6603 using voldemort's nose

I'll probably upload a new build tomorrow (+ start a new thread? i don't like hijacking thisone ;) ).

I re-started with 1.253 as a new base and things are slowly becoming useable again:

Current status:

• 2d + 3d graphics are working - WITHOUT the '2-second-deepsleep-delay'
    • Bluetooth seems to be stable
    • GPS works fine
    • WIFI is OK - it seems to turn itself off during deepsleep sometimes (?)
    • Audio is working (again - 'thank you' sony!)
    • Camera / Movie recording works (Bug: Vigniette hangs during init, but other Camera Apps are working just fine)
    • GSM Data seems to be OK
    • Receiving calls works - the speaker bug is NOT present

Outgoing calls are still broken (haven't looked into it) and i currently have an OMX issue: hw-accelerated video playback (aka hd-youtube) is currently non-functional.
    I'm going to build my alpha 1.1 today :)

If everything goes as expected then wifi and bluetooth should be fixed and then you guys at least can hvave a better preview of AOSP ;)

EDIT: for some weird reason there still is no Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and not even sound, will work on it tomorrow
    == Screenshots ==

screenshot1970020622285.png

screenshot1970020622285.png

screenshot1970020622293.png