omnirom_logo-big_layout_transparent-250px-150x150.png

DISCLAIMER
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
 */

I'm definitely not responsible for anything.

SCREENSHOTS
See DevDB.

DOWNLOADS
OmniROM
Google Apps (or another packages of your preference)
NOTE: This ROM is not rooted (no, that's not a bug); you have to flash SuperSU.

LINKS
Changelog
Wiki
Bugtracker (DevDB may also be used)
omnirom.org
G+ community

SOURCES
OmniROM
Kernel Source (branch android-5.1)

XDA:DevDB Information
OmniROM 5.1 for Sony Xperia Z, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z

Contributors
Olivier
Source Code: https://github.com/omnirom

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: OmniROM

Version Information

Created 2015-03-29
Last Updated 2015-06-21

Attachments

• screen1.png
    screen1.png
    106.8 KB · Views: 19,820
  • screen2.jpg
    screen2.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 19,662
  • screen3.jpg
    screen3.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 19,612

Olivier

Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 6, 2011
More stuff

BUG REPORTING
Should there be any issues (apart from the known ones), try to describe them as precise as possible and attach logs to your post or paste them on hastebin. Use DevDB to report bugs if possible.

BUILD INSTRUCTIONS

Code:
repo init -u git://github.com/omnirom/android.git -b android-5.1
curl --create-dirs -L -o .repo/local_manifests/yuga-blobs.xml -O -L http://olivier.hubdroid.com/yuga/tmp/blobs.xml
repo sync -j8
. build/envsetup.sh
brunch yuga

Last edited:

Artyomska

Dec 24, 2013
This is OmniROM 5.1. My builds are 100% unofficial and a work in progress.

DISCLAIMER
Let's keep it simple; I'm definitely not responsible for anything.

SCREENSHOTS
screen1.png
screen2.png
screen3.png

DOWNLOAD
HubDroid

SOURCES
OmniROM

Contributors
Olivier

Version Information

Created 2015-03-29
Last Updated 2015-03-29

Thank you for your hardwork @Olivier , and also sorry for putting pressure on you and other devs with my post. :)

Reactions: petzim22

KobySam87

Sep 18, 2014
Accra
No instruction on how to flash this rom? And is it for all xperia Z devices. I mean for both locked and unlocked bootloaders ?

nino2603

May 15, 2010
Berlin
THX bro! Download and try...

Sent from my Xperia Z using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 AM ----------

No instruction on how to flash this rom? And is it for all xperia Z devices. I mean for both locked and unlocked bootloaders ?

"Original Devl. "Only unlocked Bootloaders!

Sent from my Xperia Z using XDA Free mobile app

KobySam87

Sep 18, 2014
Accra
OK thanks.. I have a locked bootloader. This means I have to wait on slow-ass Sony to release lollipop.

Nameless One

Mar 24, 2013
Tasmania
Samsung Galaxy A21s
Ah, clear instructions showing how to add yuga files to a repo that doesn't have the support built in. Many thanks for that, they don't look to be easily applicable to other repos, but being able to build something usable and make that next step that allows me to accumulate some useful skills is much appreciated.

Nameless One

Mar 24, 2013
Tasmania
Samsung Galaxy A21s
there is no recovery ?????
and
i get random reboots so how to fix it ???

You can get into recovery using advanced power menu options or a suitable app. Using the volume buttons during boot, as you have presumably discovered, doesn't work but at least the kernel allows us to actually use a FOTAKernel recovery.
This ROM is currently quite unstable, the 20150330 build seems a little less so than the previous one which was bad even without setting SELinux to enforcing.
How to fix the reboots? either install some other ROM or put up with the reboots and wait or download the source and fix them yourself.

Last edited:

Olivier

Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 6, 2011
there is no recovery ?????
and
i get random reboots so how to fix it ???
You can get into recovery using advanced power menu options or a suitable app. Using the volume buttons during boot, as you have presumably discovered, doesn't work but at least the kernel allows us to actually use a FOTAKernel recovery.
This ROM is currently quite unstable, the 20150330 build seems a little less so than the previous one which was bad even without setting SELinux to enforcing.
How to fix the reboots? either install some other ROM or put up with the reboots and wait or download the source and fix them yourself.
Kindly read the post #3. I can't reproduce the random reboots issue, thus I need logs, easy as that. If you don't have logs, don't post your bug reports here as they'll be useless.

Nameless One

Mar 24, 2013
Tasmania
Samsung Galaxy A21s
It has actually been quite ok today (mostly in my pocket out of sight so it could have been doing anything and I wouldn't know). Two instances Today where it went to sleep and I wasn't able to wake it and had to force a reboot, saw mention of something like it in infected_'s cm12 thread but there is no option for double tap to wake that I could find so I can't say if there is any commonality beyond the not waking bit. Logs attached (with a radio log free of charge).

Last edited:

iKillCypher

Jul 28, 2012
It has actually been quite ok today (mostly in my pocket out of sight so it could have been doing anything and I wouldn't know). Two instances Today where it went to sleep and I wasn't able to wake it and had to force a reboot, saw mention of something like it in infected_'s cm12 thread but there is no option for double tap to wake that I could find so I can't say if there is any commonality beyond the not waking bit. Logs attached (with a radio log free of charge).

Hi

most of the features you are requesting for has not been merged yet, Omni focus more on stability of the rom rather than features, would you rather have the rom to crashing on daily usage or stableness with minimal battery drain and fluid smoothness ?

and the reboot you are encountering seems like the cpu collapsed, something is preventing the phone from waking up.

did you do any kernel changes ? undervolting ? any modification did you install ?

let me or oliver know if you encounter any more random reboot.

Reactions: zomer331

Nameless One

Mar 24, 2013
Tasmania
Samsung Galaxy A21s
Hi

most of the features you are requesting for has not been merged yet, Omni focus more on stability of the rom rather than features, would you rather have the rom to crashing on daily usage or stableness with minimal battery drain and fluid smoothness ?

and the reboot you are encountering seems like the cpu collapsed, something is preventing the phone from waking up.

did you do any kernel changes ? undervolting ? any modification did you install ?

let me or oliver know if you encounter any more random reboot.

What are these "most of the features" I'm "requesting"? I haven't asked for anything. I simply checked for something that was causing a problem like mine (the failure to wake up) in another ROM, since it wasn't present I concluded that it wasn't the cause of the problem for me.
I have never undervolted, "kernel changes" have been restricted to selecting FIOPS if it is present and not the default.
Mods are the same as any 5.0.x ROM I use, Xposed with "Flat Style Colored Bars" and GravityBox.

The reboots, which may have been entirely with the 20150329 version, were primarily the system falling over when I was uninstalling stuff with Titanium Backup (something I have done countless times with this and other ROMs with no problem).
I haven't tried any version newer than 20150330 since I installed infected_'s CM12.1 ROM (have used his ROMs in the past without incident, a little plainer than some I have tried) and it is working fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    omnirom_logo-big_layout_transparent-250px-150x150.png

DISCLAIMER
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
     */

I'm definitely not responsible for anything.

SCREENSHOTS
    See DevDB.

DOWNLOADS
    OmniROM
    Google Apps (or another packages of your preference)
    NOTE: This ROM is not rooted (no, that's not a bug); you have to flash SuperSU.

LINKS
    Changelog
    Wiki
    Bugtracker (DevDB may also be used)
    omnirom.org
    G+ community

SOURCES
    OmniROM

Contributors
    Olivier

Version Information

Created 2015-03-29
    Last Updated 2015-06-21
    bugs

NOT WORKING/BROKEN
    -

BUILD STATUS
    cool-jenkins2x3.png

OmniROM Jenkins

CREDITS
    Special thanks to go humberos, SuperHanss, maxwen and pabx (for the collaboration, help and some fixes). You guys are awesome!
    More stuff

BUG REPORTING
    Should there be any issues (apart from the known ones), try to describe them as precise as possible and attach logs to your post or paste them on hastebin. Use DevDB to report bugs if possible.

BUILD INSTRUCTIONS

Code:
    repo init -u git://github.com/omnirom/android.git -b android-5.1
    curl --create-dirs -L -o .repo/local_manifests/yuga-blobs.xml -O -L http://olivier.hubdroid.com/yuga/tmp/blobs.xml
    repo sync -j8
    . build/envsetup.sh
    brunch yuga
    GPS works now.

The nightlies currently seem to be broken, so you can flash my homemade build (comes with gapps, no need to flash them).

EDIT: The nightlies are back as of 20151108.
    Good news:

The long awaited official nightlies have been enabled for yuga and odin, you can download the builds here.
    IMPORTANT: You need to perform a factory reset when switching from my homemade builds to the official ones, otherwise you'll end up in a bootloop.
    What does this mean? Well, you should now be able to receive updates OTA ("over-the-air") AND you must not flash my builds (unless you're a dev wanting to help or I ask you to do so) because they'll be experimental from now on. Enjoy the official builds. :p