Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,599 Members 38,646 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROOT] Xperia Z (C660x) for unlocked bootloaders ONLY! (RELEASED)

Tip us?

Team hammer
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Default xperia z

if i root my xperia z wen i get it next week will i still be able to get the updates of sony for jb 4.2.2 and will i lose the sony bravia thing of the phone.

smooth_gl
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team hammer View Post
if i root my xperia z wen i get it next week will i still be able to get the updates of sony for jb 4.2.2 and will i lose the sony bravia thing of the phone.
Yes, you can always flash the new update. No, you don't lose "the bravia thing"
T100,T610,S700,K750,W810,K800,W610,K810,W880,W580, V640,W910,K850,W995,X10 mini,X8,Neo,Arc,T,Z,V,ZR..waiting for iPhone 69

yeeson
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Now he sent Recovery!

kancherlapraneeth
Old
Thanks Meter 265
keep up the good work
I write for AndroidFanNetwork

Current Devices
HTC One,HTC Desire

Follow me - @Google Plus | @Twitter

GSeeker
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Dear DooMLoRD, is there any way to ROOT the Z whithout unlocking bootloader? I want to keep the warranty. Thanks!
Several Android Devices.

luaifarah
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Default Re: [ROOT] Xperia Z (C660x) for unlocked bootloaders ONLY! (RELEASED)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSeeker View Post
Dear DooMLoRD, is there any way to ROOT the Z whithout unlocking bootloader? I want to keep the warranty. Thanks!
It was already answered..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DooMLoRD View Post
well u will have to wait for some exploit to be found which will work on locked bootloader...

i had tested the most used exploits on the Xperia Z but none of them worked...
For god's sakes read previous posts

Sent from my Xperia S using xda app-developers app

schaggo
Old
Thanks Meter 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth_gl View Post
(...) No, you don't lose "the bravia thing"
You sure? You lost it upon unlocking on the latest previous device (Xperia T). Would be cool if it didn't get lost.
And just to clear up, I don't really miss it on my unlocked T but I'm still somewhat annoyed when I see/read other peoples raving about it
Current: Sony XPERIA Z1 Compact (D5503) unlocked, rooted stock 4.4.4 | Asus Transformer Pad (TF300T) locked, rooted stock 4.3
Deprecated: Sony XPERIA Z, Sony XPERIA T, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note, HTC DesireZ, HTC 7, Nokia N900, HTC Magic, HTC Touch Pro, SonyEricsson XPERIA X1, HTC Touch Cruise, HTC Canary (Orange SPV) et al.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland Johnson View Post
It is clear that this phone has an awful lot more artificial intelligence than some of its owners.

Team hammer
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Default xperia z

why i asked about the bravia and the updates is because i read it sumwhere that you lose them things if you unlock boot and root. ill try and find it again and post it up here. It mite have been on the sony site.

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

This is from sony site...............Also note that there is no turning back once you have unlocked the boot loader. You will not be able to revert the device to a locked or original state if you unlock it. In addition, if you brick the device, it is your own responsibility. Note that you will not receive any official software upgrades if you unlock your device.

DooMLoRD
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 38,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team hammer View Post
why i asked about the bravia and the updates is because i read it sumwhere that you lose them things if you unlock boot and root. ill try and find it again and post it up here. It mite have been on the sony site.

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

This is from sony site...............Also note that there is no turning back once you have unlocked the boot loader. You will not be able to revert the device to a locked or original state if you unlock it. In addition, if you brick the device, it is your own responsibility. Note that you will not receive any official software upgrades if you unlock your device.
all official updates will be converted into FTF files... similar to RUU files (HTC), or TAR.MD5 (Samsung)... which can be flashed on both locked and unlocked bootloader devices...

dont worry... unlocking bootloader hasnt stopped any of the users from 2011 to update to latest official software upgrade
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DooMLoRD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Team hammer
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Default xperia z

Quote:
Originally Posted by DooMLoRD View Post
all official updates will be converted into FTF files... similar to RUU files (HTC), or TAR.MD5 (Samsung)... which can be flashed on both locked and unlocked bootloader devices...

dont worry... unlocking bootloader hasnt stopped any of the users from 2011 to update to latest official software upgrade
Thank you

Tags
root, xperia