Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROOT] Xperia Z (C660x) for unlocked bootloaders ONLY! (RELEASED)

OP DooMLoRD

19th February 2013, 10:01 PM   |  #21  
Senior Member
Flag Belfast
Thanks Meter: 29
 
287 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
xperia z
if i root my xperia z wen i get it next week will i still be able to get the updates of sony for jb 4.2.2 and will i lose the sony bravia thing of the phone.
19th February 2013, 11:13 PM   |  #22  
smooth_gl's Avatar
Member
Flag Romania
Thanks Meter: 9
 
54 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team hammer

if i root my xperia z wen i get it next week will i still be able to get the updates of sony for jb 4.2.2 and will i lose the sony bravia thing of the phone.

Yes, you can always flash the new update. No, you don't lose "the bravia thing"
20th February 2013, 03:39 AM   |  #23  
Senior Member
Flag Shanghai
Thanks Meter: 113
 
665 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Now he sent Recovery!
20th February 2013, 08:00 AM   |  #24  
kancherlapraneeth's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 265
 
1,116 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
Donate to Me
More
keep up the good work
20th February 2013, 08:42 AM   |  #25  
GSeeker's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Guangzhou
Thanks Meter: 96
 
351 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
More
Thumbs up
Dear DooMLoRD, is there any way to ROOT the Z whithout unlocking bootloader? I want to keep the warranty. Thanks!
20th February 2013, 09:19 AM   |  #26  
luaifarah's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Amman
Thanks Meter: 44
 
234 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Re: [ROOT] Xperia Z (C660x) for unlocked bootloaders ONLY! (RELEASED)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSeeker

Dear DooMLoRD, is there any way to ROOT the Z whithout unlocking bootloader? I want to keep the warranty. Thanks!

It was already answered..





Quote:
Originally Posted by DooMLoRD

well u will have to wait for some exploit to be found which will work on locked bootloader...

i had tested the most used exploits on the Xperia Z but none of them worked...

For god's sakes read previous posts

Sent from my Xperia S using xda app-developers app
20th February 2013, 12:19 PM   |  #27  
schaggo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Zürich
Thanks Meter: 566
 
2,237 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth_gl

(...) No, you don't lose "the bravia thing"

You sure? You lost it upon unlocking on the latest previous device (Xperia T). Would be cool if it didn't get lost.
And just to clear up, I don't really miss it on my unlocked T but I'm still somewhat annoyed when I see/read other peoples raving about it
20th February 2013, 01:42 PM   |  #28  
Senior Member
Flag Belfast
Thanks Meter: 29
 
287 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
xperia z
why i asked about the bravia and the updates is because i read it sumwhere that you lose them things if you unlock boot and root. ill try and find it again and post it up here. It mite have been on the sony site.

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

This is from sony site...............Also note that there is no turning back once you have unlocked the boot loader. You will not be able to revert the device to a locked or original state if you unlock it. In addition, if you brick the device, it is your own responsibility. Note that you will not receive any official software upgrades if you unlock your device.
20th February 2013, 02:00 PM   |  #29  
DooMLoRD's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Noida
Thanks Meter: 39,117
 
13,127 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team hammer

why i asked about the bravia and the updates is because i read it sumwhere that you lose them things if you unlock boot and root. ill try and find it again and post it up here. It mite have been on the sony site.

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

This is from sony site...............Also note that there is no turning back once you have unlocked the boot loader. You will not be able to revert the device to a locked or original state if you unlock it. In addition, if you brick the device, it is your own responsibility. Note that you will not receive any official software upgrades if you unlock your device.

all official updates will be converted into FTF files... similar to RUU files (HTC), or TAR.MD5 (Samsung)... which can be flashed on both locked and unlocked bootloader devices...

dont worry... unlocking bootloader hasnt stopped any of the users from 2011 to update to latest official software upgrade
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DooMLoRD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2013, 02:05 PM   |  #30  
Senior Member
Flag Belfast
Thanks Meter: 29
 
287 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
xperia z
Quote:
Originally Posted by DooMLoRD

all official updates will be converted into FTF files... similar to RUU files (HTC), or TAR.MD5 (Samsung)... which can be flashed on both locked and unlocked bootloader devices...

dont worry... unlocking bootloader hasnt stopped any of the users from 2011 to update to latest official software upgrade

Thank you

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
root, xperia
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes