[ROOT] Xperia Z (C660x) for unlocked bootloaders ONLY! (RELEASED)

Search This thread

DakiX

Mar 11, 2012
AW: [ROOT] Xperia Z (C660x) for unlocked bootloaders ONLY! (RELEASED)

Works without problems on 03 :D thanks

schaggo

Jan 16, 2008
Zürich
never knew this~ thanks. How do i know the BE2 work or not?
Marketing blah by Sony themselves yet ok to give you an idea what to look for: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLWSBD77N_o
Another marketing stund by Sony: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B14Rle4s6tI

I once found a video of two identical devices side by side one with BE active the other one disabled, but I can't find it for now... Found it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlqBgi299is#t=50 :highfive:

Last edited:
Reactions: GSeeker

redThd

Feb 25, 2011
Rooting was no problem however market doesn't want to download apps now. Cleared data and restarted phone, no effect. Anyone having similar problems?

EDIT:
It appears the problem was due to me having signed out of google talk... now working again.

Last edited:

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Hey Doom.

Can you upload the stock kernel to?

many thnx :p

the insecure kernel (second one which gets flashed) is pure stock kernel with few changes in ramdisk...

if u want full stock firmware then i have an FTF which contains pure stock kernel which can be flashed via recovery...

Sermpie

Feb 16, 2008
the insecure kernel (second one which gets flashed) is pure stock kernel with few changes in ramdisk...

if u want full stock firmware then i have an FTF which contains pure stock kernel which can be flashed via recovery...

If you want to upload the FTF then i`m happy to.
I messed up my rom with root explorer so i need a clean install. ;)

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
how does the testing go ?:highfive:

slow, especially given that i dont have device with me to do rapid testing...

few iterations didnt work... but anyways... need not worry... CM10.1 is ready for this device and should be released soon... so recovery should come with it.. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: BoneMo

schaggo

Jan 16, 2008
Zürich
Got the Z today. Having to pay for the unlock with the distinct Sony goodies, I'm still reluctant to unlock it, yet.
It's itching me though, not being able to restore data from my previous device. Hence temp or permanent root on locked bootloaders would give me a very nice, warm and cozy feeling :laugh:

I don't quite get it anway why manufacturers so quickly close exploits which are a) only good for rooting anyway, b) need prolonged physical access to the device and c) do not cause any harm otherwise. Why not leave us that little cookie to play with...? Hmpf... :rolleyes:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    for rooting latest firmware check this:
    [ROOT][Z] How-to for rooting newest firmware 10.3.1.A.0.244 / 10.3.1.A.2.67

------------------------

Alternate Method using Recovery posted! (RECOMMENDED)

Since we now have Recovery fully working its a lot easier to root the device. I have made a simpler package for easier rooting and installing busybox. find it in second post!

------------------------

[ Information ]

so once the bootloader is unlocked its generally very easy to root but there were numerous issues where rooting wasnt working even using insecure kernel

so i used the ramdisk of CF-Auto-Root for the Nexus 4, modified it a bit for working on the Xperia Z and thats it... Root achieved!

all of the testing was done remotely (using teamviewer)... many thanks to the user who willing helped out with the testing!

Want to root without unlocking bootloader? now you can! thanks to goroh_kun! check out THIS thread!

[ Proof ]

Screenshot_Xperia_Z-rooted.png

[ WARNING ]

• (all queries related to unlocking bootloader should be posted on that thread)

• DO NOT CROSS FLASH BETWEEN DEVICES

[ Credits ]

• Chainfire - for ramdisk of CF-Auto-Root kernel of Nexus 4

• Androxyde - for his brilliant work on FlashTool

• lots of other developers for helping me get here ;)

[ Requirements ]

• Firmware Version: 10.1.A.1.350

• we tested on C6603 and C6602

• unlocked bootloader

• fastboot files (are there in the unlock bootloader thread)

[ How to Root ]

1. reboot into bootloader

2. flash my modded CF-Auto-Root Kernel,
      Code:
      fastboot flash boot Z_DooMLoRD_CF-Auto-Root-ported_FW-350.img

3. reboot from fastboot
      Code:
      fastboot reboot

4. the device will now start booting and u will get indication on screen saying (Device will reboot in 10 seconds)

5. after CF-Auto-Root reboots device once, disconnect USB cable and do hard power off (3 vibrations)
      [FYI: disconnect usb cable.. u have to do hard power off "press power button and keep VOLUME UP key pressed for 15 seconds"]

6. connect device in fastboot mode and flash stock kernel
      Code:
      fastboot flash boot Z_DooMLoRD_insecure_FW-350.img

7. now reboot device and the device will start booting into OS
      Code:
      fastboot reboot

8. you should now Download Busybox Installer from Market and install it at /system/xbin/

9. thats it! device is now completely rooted!

[ donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

[ Download Links ]

PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES

1. modified CF-Auto-Root kernel:
      Z_DooMLoRD_CF-Auto-Root-ported_FW-350.img
      MD5HASH: a0c26a2b3dd9f2f174986d9ccddab40d

2. Stock insecure kernel for FW (10.1.A.1.350):
      Z_DooMLoRD_insecure_FW-350.img
      MD5HASH: c6a654e37cf6c5cc8e2d0c5fe2457d03

cheers,

DooMLoRD
    Alternate Method using Recovery

Alternate Method using Recovery

Since we now have Recovery fully working its a lot easier to root the device. I have made a simpler package for easier rooting and installing busybox.

Steps:

1. Download the: SuperSU-1.25-Busybox-1.20.2-UPDATE.zip and save it on phone (external sdcard)

2. Just flash any kernel which contains recovery (for stock based ROM) [e.g.: Advanced Stock Kernel]

3. Boot into recovery and flash that file "SuperSU-1.25-Busybox-1.20.2-UPDATE.zip"

4. now reboot and the firmware will be fully rooted with SuperSU and Busybox installed!!!

[ Credits ]

• Chainfire - for SuperSU

• Stericson - for Busybox

• lots of other developers for helping me get here ;)

[ Requirements ]

• Firmware Version: 10.1.A.1.350/.434

• we tested on C6603 and C6602

• unlocked bootloader

• working kernel with recovery

[ donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

[ Download Links ]

PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES

SuperSU-1.25-Busybox-1.20.2-UPDATE.zip

enjoy!
    Thank You very much for your work.
    What have to happen, that we can have root without unlocking the bootloader?

well u will have to wait for some exploit to be found which will work on locked bootloader...

i had tested the most used exploits on the Xperia Z but none of them worked...
    Re: [ROOT] Xperia Z for unlocked bootloaders ONLY!

One more user confirmed that this worked :)

Tested on: C6602

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app
    Alternate Method using Recovery posted!

Since we now have Recovery fully working its a lot easier to root the device. I have made a simpler package for easier rooting and installing busybox.

find it in second post!

cheers!