Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,395 Members 47,037 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

{Z}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM10.1 - Android 4.2.2 - FreeXperia Project

Tip us?

jerpelea
Old
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 36971

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeeson View Post
@FXP

1.Unable to completely lock the screen, the screen there is bright light!

2.No camera!

did we state that camera works?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jerpelea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Delacor
Old
(Last edited by Delacor; 4th March 2013 at 05:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 47
Default AW: {Z}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM10.1 - Android 4.2.2 - FreeXperia Project

No, I also cant see no Information/documentation of your work progress on the Z on your Website....

[SIZE=1]Sent from my Galaxy SII

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24103

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linwood.Ferguson View Post
One thing many wonder, and if you or others have insight yet, is how this will develop as a developer-friendly phone. Having watched the frustration with the S2 and Samsung's lack of code release, and the early hints that Sony is being friendly -- how friendly?

Setting aside looking for ETA's, now that a few people have them in their hands, is there a developing consensus of where this phone may end up on the spectrum of developer support?
Well, you never know until you have a device in your hands, but everything looks positive so far.

I received more honest and accurate answers to technical questions from Sony engineers in the first week of having the T than I did in more than a year of dealing with Samsung.

With CM10 on the T, while there are still a few glitches to polish out, there's nothing in the category of "there's no way in hell I'll ever fix this ****".

CM10.1 on the T isn't quite where anyone hoped it would be, but this was partly due to an experiment (fully rebasing it onto Mako sources) that didn't quite pan out. With any device, in its first few months of existence, time is needed to build an understanding and knowledge of the device.
From a developer standpoint, inclusion of a Qualcomm-based device in AOSP with the Nexus 4 was both a blessing and a curse. A blessing in terms of having the same (or similar) SoC as a Nexus, a curse in terms of having not one but TWO potential places to find reference source - which do you choose? Yes, with the T the challenge is not enough platform reference source, it's actually too much - while it consumes a bit of time in the short term, in the long term, that's a GOOD problem to have. Compare to Exynos4, where we have a grand total of 0 viable places to go for platform reference source. (No AOSP, and Insignal's source is outdated ****)

Also, with the T, there are a lot of new developers coming up to speed with Sony in general - many of those T developers either have or will be getting the Z.

With the Exynos-based Galaxy S2 and S3 families, the more we came to understand and know the device(s) and platform, the more we hated them. With the T - the more I get to know it, the more I like it, and I expect the same from the Z.

I'd expect, barring any weird surprises, that since this device shares the same SoC as the Nexus 4, it's going to be in a similar category to the original GalaxyS family - those were "devices that just wouldn't die" due to having the same SoC as the Nexus S - but it DID take them a while to get there.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations
The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shivindera
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Just wanted to know something.... Xperia Z and ZL have the same configuration so flashing a Z ROM on ZL be ok and would it work properly?? The reason I am asking this is because in the dev section for ZL there are no post (literally) and because of some reasons I preffered ZL over Z (hate fingerprint smudges).
So are the devs going to give preference to Z over ZL???

PS - I know this belongs in general section but seeing so many devs here, I wanted an answer from you guys... Sorry and Thanks!!

krabappel2548
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 13362

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivindera View Post
Just wanted to know something.... Xperia Z and ZL have the same configuration so flashing a Z ROM on ZL be ok and would it work properly?? The reason I am asking this is because in the dev section for ZL there are no post (literally) and because of some reasons I preffered ZL over Z (hate fingerprint smudges).

PS - I know this belongs in general section but seeing so many devs here, I wanted an answer from you guys... Sorry and Thanks!!
Well, I don't make CM, but I'll also support the ZL for my roms and kernels
I'm back with development, but not superactive yet.

Consider donating to me if you like my work. this would help me buy future devices.

Devices I have:
- Xperia Z1

Current devices I develop for:
- Xperia Z1
- Xperia Z Ultra

What I did and do:
- Member of Team AC!D, developer of Xperia Z Revolution Rom, Xperia ZL Revolution rom, Xperia S Revolution rom, Xperia Carbon rom's with tweaked kernel, and more!

BoneMo
Old
Thanks Meter 292
Default camera

how does the Camera+FrontCamera development go ?? as it is only mentioned not working thing... not asking for eta just whether the dev. started. or what remains to do with camera?
SONY Y U NO MAKE AOSP ROMS

PHONE: Sony Xperia Z Black
ROM: cm-11-20140723-NIGHTLY-yuga
RADIO/MODEM: 9x15A-ACEFWMAZQ-30110057-39
KERNEL: CM11 Stock
RUNTIME: DALVIK
History:Samsung Galaxy S III | Samsung Galaxy S II | HTC HD2 | HTC Touch HD | HTC Touch Diamond | Nokia 6600 | Nokia 5100 | Alcatel OT-300

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24103

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivindera View Post

There are slight differences. Direct cross-flashing probably won't work. However getting the ZL working shouldn't be hard for someone - same deal as with T v.s TX.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations
The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bin4ry
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5714

DONATE TO ME
Default AW: {Z}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM10.1 - Android 4.2.2 - FreeXperia Project

Problem actually was that we did not know of the ZL section here on XDA.

We will post a ROM soon now the section happened to be there. But can it be that the section is not on the forum list or is it just me?

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app
Bin4ry
Team FreeXperia

Xperia Stock ROM Collection for all devices: Click

EASY ROOT FOR MANY MANY ANDROID DEVICES
-----------------------------

If you want to buy me a beer, feel free and click here:

Thanks very much!
The Following User Says Thank You to Bin4ry For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DooMLoRD
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 37982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bin4ry View Post
Problem actually was that we did not know of the ZL section here on XDA.

We will post a ROM soon now the section happened to be there. But can it be that the section is not on the forum list or is it just me?

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app
initially there was some issue but now i think its sorted out...

FYI:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2090

alex3305
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Maybe not completely related to CM10.1, but still want to see what dev's think. I was browsing the Sony source code this afternoon and again now, and was wondering about, while I first stumbeled upon the Quake source code within the Sony source drop. Quite funny actually .

Anyway, I was still wondering about the camera quality that everyone was explaining about. So I found out that images are currently encoded as Ybpbr, while I read somewhere that the Exmor R sensor in the Sony is actually a RGB sensor. So that seems quite odd to me. Maybe some dev can look into it?
Current Device: Sony Xperia Z

Phone History:
  • Siemens C35 > Sagem MW 3042 > Nokia 3310 > Sony Ericsson T310 > Sony Ericsson T230
  • Nokia 6630 > Samsung SGH-i600 (BlackJack) > BlackBerry Bold 9000 > BlackBerry Storm2 9550 > Dell Streak 5 > Samsung Galaxy Note (5.3")

Tablet History: