AGGevorgyan
Old
(Last edited by AGGevorgyan; 2nd March 2014 at 05:54 PM.) Reason: update
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 189

DONATE TO ME
Camera [APP][4.0+][v.1.0.5][STABLE] Aqua Camera [UPDATE: 02.03.2014]

Hi all
In this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2369121 we started discussion of app, that I started to develop and which idea is given by @jakobdz
So here is little description with my super mega English knowledge

Like app's page on facebook for most recent news and updates
https://www.facebook.com/AquaZCamera

Video reviews.
1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_-GjE5e7eQ
2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX5lchSUq_Y

Code:
REVIEW.
Aqua Camera Light (former Aqua Z Camera) is a camera application that enables you to use hardware keys or proximity sensor to take photos and shoot videos. These features are useful, when your device is waterproof, but has not dedicated camera button and you want to take photos and videos underwater. Initially camera has been developed for Sony Xperia Z smartphone, to use underwater, but during development it evolved to full featured camera app, which can be used as normal camera app. Number of supported devices getting more by each new update. The latest version supports all Xperia Z series, including Z Ultra and Tablet Z, and other manufacturer devices, such as Samsung Galaxy S4. Last update gives an ability to enable touchscreen buttons also like stock camera.

ATTENTION!!! USE YOUR DEVICE UNDERWATER IF ITS WATERPROOFNESS IS GUARANTEED BY MANUFACTURER. TAKE IT UNDERWATER ON YOUR OWN RISK.

Paid versions enables few more features such as zoom ("Zoom" and "Pro" editions) and scene modes, including HDR for some devices ("Pro" edition).
Zoom underwater is feature, that achieved by using proximity sensor as shutter key and keeping volume keys for zoom. There is no other app available in market, which can give you this feature.

1. Aqua Camera Zoom - € 0.75 / $ 0.99 http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=am.tir.z.proximitycamera.bronze
2. Aqua Camera Pro - € 1.85 / $ 2.49 http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=am.tir.z.proximitycamera.silver

"A new camera app developed by xda-developer member AGGevorgyan allows you to take pictures on Xperia Z by tapping the proximity sensor. The idea behind this is that it makes it easier to take pictures underwater, given the absence of a dedicated camera button..." (c) xperiablog.net

"Taking pictures underwater is probably something that not many people have attempted. Of course, not only are the physical and hardware limitations preventing people from doing so, expect for a select ‘few’ devices, but physics tells us that capacitive touch screens will have a hard time registering any taps and swipes when under water. A physical camera button may remedy this issue on the Sony Xperia Z, but how about the proximity sensor?
As an answer to a question along similar lines, XDA Forum Member AGGevorgyan has developed an app that allows Xperia Z owners to easily take photos with the proximity sensor. Designed to rid users of the aforementioned problem, Aqua Z Camera will snap up pictures every time you tap the proximity sensor—simple as that. The sensor sensitivity, being the duration you have your finger covering the proximity sensor, can be adjusted within the app. The great thing is that it doesn’t require root access, meaning it’s a viable alternative to the physical camera button mod..." (c) xda-developers.com

Features in v. 1.0.x
-- ALL EDITIONS
* Video and photo enabled
* Front and rear cameras support
* Option to use proximity sensor as shutter key
* Ability to change sensor sensitivity
* Option to use volume keys as shutter keys
* Option to use touchscreen buttons for taking photo and video
* Physical camera key support
* Option to change photo/video mode
* Color effects
* Option to change memory storage (internal/external)
* Option to set resolutions for video and photo
* Auto focus, auto white balance
* Option to set flash off/on/auto for photo and torch off/on for video
* Latest photo/video thumbmail preview with link to album/player
* English, Russian, Hungarian, Czech, Italian, Arabic, Traditional Chinese translations
-- ZOOM AND PRO EDITIONS
* Zoom with volume keys and/or touch screen buttons
-- ONLY PRO EDITION
* Scene modes such as action, landscape, portrait, fireworks, night portrait, HDR (on some devices), snow, sunset etc.
Changelog:
Code:
v. 1.0.5 (02.03.2014)

* 4K (3840x2160 - 16:9) video resolution for Sony Xperia Z2 and Samsung Galaxy S5
* 16mp (5312x2988 - 16:9) photo resolution for Samsung Galaxy S5
* 16mp (5248x2952 - 16:9) photo resolution for Sony Xperia Z1 and Z1 Compact (crop hook)

v. 1.0.4 (12.02.14)

* Support for Sony Xperia Z2 15.5mp (5248x3936 - 16:9) resolution
* Support for Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2 5mp (2560x1920 - 4:3) resolution
* New launcher icon

v. 1.0.3 (18.01.14)

* Traditional Chinese translation

v. 1.0.2 (23.11.13)

* Physical camera key support
* Xperiz Z1 21mp and 8mp (16:9) support
* Few bug fixes and improvements

v. 1.0.0 (10.11.13)

* Android 4.0 ICS support
* Last bug fixes
* Final UI polish

v. 1.0.0 BETA (03.11.13)

* Redesigned UI
* Touch screen shutter and record buttons like in stock camera
* On thumbnail click opens photo in album and video in player instead of opening just album app
* App names changed to Aqua Camera Light/Zoom/Pro
* Photo/Video mode change option moved to action bar
* Zoom with volume keys and/or touch screen buttons (Zoom and Pro editions)
* Android 4.4 Kit Kat support
* More devices support (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S4)
* Scene modes such as landscape, portrait, fireworks, HDR (few non-Xperia devices), snow etc. (Pro edition)
* Arabic translation
* Huge code cleaning, compatibility major improvements, bug and UI fixes.

v. 0.8.0 (22.09.13)

* Some fixes
* Added donation options

v. 0.8.0 BETA 1 (21.09.13)

* Added Italian Translation
* Welcome popup with facebook link
* Removed Ads
* Decreased app size
* More devices support (including Tablet Z, Z Ultra)
* Confirmation popup on exit during video record
* Actions are hiding during video record
* Rolled back to old icon, for copyright issues
* Bugfixes
* No need for clear data after force close on Xperia V
* More, I don't remember

v. 0.7.1 BETA 1 (22.08.13)

* Added Czech translation
* New launcher icon (Sony media applicationa style)
* Some internal logic improvements (or vise versa :D) need feedback about stability

v. 0.7.0 (20.08.13)

* Hungarian and Russian translations
* Torch stays turned on during runtime of application
* Some menu icons improved
* Some fixes

v. 0.7.0-3 UNSTABLE (20.08.13)

* Torch for video record

v. 0.7.0-2 UNSTABLE (19.08.13)

* Fixed FC when trying to record video via proximity sensor.

v. 0.7.0 UNSTABLE (18.08.13)

* Video recording option
* More resolutions for both cameras
* May be compatible with other Xperia devices, such as Xperia V and Tablet Z. Not tested.
* Double tap for settings now for all ratios and orientations
* Other changes, I don't remember

v. 0.5.0 (11.08.13)

* Added settings for choosing shutter options
	1. Disable/enable sensor shutter
	2. Disable/enable volume down key shutter
	3. Disable/enable volume up key shutter
* Redesigned settings screen
* Some UI changes

v. 0.4.2 (04.08.13)

* Fixed some bugs
* Better support for SD Cards (more devices)

v. 0.4.1 (03.08.13)

* Fixed new bugs from 0.4.0 release

v. 0.4.0 (03.08.13)

* Changed image folder to DCIM/Aqua_Z_Camera
* Now saves settings for app's next uses.
* Added settings page
* Added ability to save on SD Card *EXPERIMENTAL, WORK IN PROGRESS*
* Tapping little preview image now opens album application
* Added ad in settings page for some microscopical monetization :D

v. 0.3.1 (25.07.13)

* Default flash mode set to auto.
* Fixed bug related to using back camera mode UI settings in front camera mode (e.g. preview ratio)

v. 0.3.0 (24.07.13)

* Added resolution change option

v. 0.2.3 (23.07.13)

* Adjusted sensitivity settings
* Default sensitivity option set to "medium"
* Now keeps selected flash light mode (for example doesn't reset when rotating)
* Now keeps selected color effect (for example doesn't reset when rotating)

v. 0.2.0 (23.07.13)

* Added sensor sensitivity selection (based on duration during which you hold your finger on sensor)

v. 0.1.0 (22.07.13)

* Added color effects
* Added flash light switch
* Added camera front/back switch
* Added auto-rotation
* Fixed some bugs

v. 0.0.3 (22.07.13)

* Fixed bugs, must fix force close issue.
So I will wait for your suggestions and feedback

PLEASE, use the Google Play instead of attached .apk for automated updates and for active users number there and rate if you like.
Attached Files
File Type: apk ZProximityCamera_0.2.3.apk - [Click for QR Code] (69.6 KB, 176 views)
File Type: apk ZProximityCamera_0.3.0.apk - [Click for QR Code] (76.7 KB, 152 views)
File Type: apk ZProximityCamera_0.3.1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (76.6 KB, 5480 views)
File Type: apk ZProximityCamera_0.4.0_test.apk - [Click for QR Code] (260.8 KB, 51 views)
File Type: apk ZProximityCamera_0.4.1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (260.7 KB, 106 views)
File Type: apk ZProximityCamera_0.4.2.apk - [Click for QR Code] (261.2 KB, 338 views)
File Type: apk ZProximityCamera_0.5.0.apk - [Click for QR Code] (251.0 KB, 425 views)
File Type: apk ZProximityCamera_0.7.0_unstable.apk - [Click for QR Code] (288.5 KB, 63 views)
File Type: apk ZProximityCamera_0.7.0-2_unstable.apk - [Click for QR Code] (289.3 KB, 66 views)
File Type: apk ZProximityCamera_0.7.0-3_unstable.apk - [Click for QR Code] (292.9 KB, 65 views)
File Type: apk ZProximityCamera_0.7.0_final.apk - [Click for QR Code] (298.4 KB, 495 views)
File Type: apk ZProximityCamera_0.7.1-beta-1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (313.8 KB, 681 views)
File Type: apk ZProximityCamera_0.8.0-beta-1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (198.7 KB, 127 views)
File Type: apk ZProximityCamera_0.8.0.apk - [Click for QR Code] (520.3 KB, 861 views)
File Type: apk ZProximityCamera_1.0.0_light_beta.apk - [Click for QR Code] (548.9 KB, 230 views)
File Type: apk ZProximityCamera_1.0.0_light.apk - [Click for QR Code] (554.8 KB, 289 views)
File Type: apk ZProximityCamera_1.0.2_light.apk - [Click for QR Code] (557.6 KB, 882 views)
File Type: apk ZProximityCamera_1.0.3_light.apk - [Click for QR Code] (561.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: apk ZProximityCamera_1.0.4_light.apk - [Click for QR Code] (609.5 KB, 129 views)
File Type: apk ZProximityCamera_1.0.5_light.apk - [Click for QR Code] (611.3 KB, 446 views)
1. Aqua Camera Light - Free
2. Aqua Camera Zoom - € 0.70
3. Aqua Camera Pro - € 1.80
The Following 80 Users Say Thank You to AGGevorgyan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zyclops1
Old
Thanks Meter 123
damn nice work buddy keep improving the app,dont leave and run out k
Phones:
Sony Ericsson Arc S
Sony Xperia SL
Samsung Galaxy Siii
Sony Xperia Z
Samsung Galaxy S4
Sony Xperia Z1

Tablet:
Sony Xperia Tablet S

I Don't Need Your Donations,Go Buy Something For Your Children
AKA ©Weird Frenchy

Feel free to press THANKS button if you find my posts helpful.
The Following User Says Thank You to zyclops1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zyclops1
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130722_144152.jpg
Views:	4953
Size:	257.7 KB
ID:	2134610

Name:	IMG_20130722_144155.jpg
Views:	4270
Size:	256.7 KB
ID:	2134611

Name:	IMG_20130722_144207.jpg
Views:	4552
Size:	256.2 KB
ID:	2134612

sensor sensitive it too much,can u low it?????
all other things are fine
Phones:
Sony Ericsson Arc S
Sony Xperia SL
Samsung Galaxy Siii
Sony Xperia Z
Samsung Galaxy S4
Sony Xperia Z1

Tablet:
Sony Xperia Tablet S

I Don't Need Your Donations,Go Buy Something For Your Children
AKA ©Weird Frenchy

Feel free to press THANKS button if you find my posts helpful.

fards
Old
(Last edited by fards; 22nd July 2013 at 11:02 AM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 664

DONATE TO ME
Latest version works a treat. Autofocus is a bit slow but can't have everything.

Auto rotate would be nice, and maybe making it a Small app?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Quote:
That phones too big!
why?
have you never held anything bigger than 4" in your hand?

Racing and building Human Powered Vehicles.

cities516
Old
Thanks Meter 3214
Sounds like a plan. Keep it up!

I think you can add tag [ALPHA] in the title of the thread, so that people will know the condition of this app.
[INDEX] Collection of XPOSED Modules #4/12 Upd# :: [BOOTANIMATION] XPERIA Sony Smartphone [720x1280]
Facebook Group for Xperia S, Acro S, Ion :: Petition: We want HTTPS on XDA!

SONY Xperia™ S + eXistenZ Ultra v2.0.5 + DooMKernel v6 = Xperia™ S1. Gradually upgrading to Xperia™ S2... :: SONY Xperia™ U + SlimKat RC2.
Follow @cities516 on Instagram!
The Following User Says Thank You to cities516 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AGGevorgyan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 189

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyclops1 View Post
damn nice work buddy keep improving the app,dont leave and run out k
Thanks OK
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyclops1 View Post
sensor sensitive it too much,can u low it?????
all other things are fine
I currently work on making it customizable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fards View Post
Latest version works a treat. Autofocus is a bit slow but can't have everything.

Auto rotate would be nice, and maybe making it a Small app?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
I have never worked with small app SDK, so may be in future.
Auto rotate is bit buggy and tricky, so I think, that it can wait until the last stages of development.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cities516 View Post
Sounds like a plan. Keep it up!

I think you can add tag [ALPHA] in the title of the thread, so that people will know the condition of this app.
Thanks. Added.

PS. If you like this app, please rate it also on google play
PS2. Please vote for app name.
PS3. Keep posting suggestions
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AGGevorgyan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drsoran2
Old
Thanks Meter 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGGevorgyan View Post
Thanks OK

I currently work on making it customizable.

I have never worked with small app SDK, so may be in future.
Auto rotate is bit buggy and tricky, so I think, that it can wait until the last stages of development.

Thanks. Added.

PS. If you like this app, please rate it also on google play
PS2. Please vote for app name.
PS3. Keep posting suggestions
@AGGevorgyan

The new version fixed the force closure at the start of the app. It now works and I can take pictures with it (only tested outside of water so far!).

I would suggest, to not clutter the app with too much settings and keep it quite minimal, because when you are in water or underwater, you either don't have time (lack of air in lungs) or don't want to fiddle with many settings just to take a picture.

However, you could add a switch to enable video recording and start it with the proximity sensor. Also, please enable to turn of the Auto flash. I don't think it makes much sense underwater cause the water reflects the light anyway.

You could also change the app icon to a water drop with a camera inside, similar to what you have now, but add a finger which touches on the camera symbol inside the water drop to make it more appearent what the app is about.

My suggestion for an app name: Xperia Z Aqua Proximity Cam or Aquatic Z camera or Xperia Z Aqua Sensor cam

Lastly, I could help to translate the app settings (once there are settings) and description of the app in the play store into German. Let me know what you think about it.

The idea behind your app is simply awesome. So easy and a fresh idea. I like it.

Sony Xperia Z1 white ( root, dualrecovery, locked bootloader, Android 4.4.2 KitKat (with SD card fix!), 64GB microSD)

Ericsson T65 ('01-'04) - NEC e616 ('04-'05) - Sony Ericsson K750i ('05-'06) - Samsung D830 ('06-'07) - Sony Ericsson K850i ('07-'10) - Nokia E51 ('10 - 2months) - Sony Ericsson Vivaz ('10-'11) - Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc ('11-'12) - Samsung Galaxy S2 ('12-'13) - Sony Xperia Z ('13) - Sony Xperia Z1 ('13-?)

AGGevorgyan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 189

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by drsoran2 View Post
@AGGevorgyan
I would suggest, to not clutter the app with too much settings and keep it quite minimal, because when you are in water or underwater, you either don't have time (lack of air in lungs) or don't want to fiddle with many settings just to take a picture.
I agree. But some settings can be set before going underwater.
Quote:
However, you could add a switch to enable video recording and start it with the proximity sensor. Also, please enable to turn of the Auto flash. I don't think it makes much sense underwater cause the water reflects the light anyway.
I will add video switch in future. But currently you can just start recording before diving
Already working for flash switch.
Quote:
You could also change the app icon to a water drop with a camera inside, similar to what you have now, but add a finger which touches on the camera symbol inside the water drop to make it more appearent what the app is about.
Yes, that is good idea, but I am not designer or artist, so if anyone can help with this, that will be great.
Quote:
My suggestion for an app name: Xperia Z Aqua Proximity Cam or Aquatic Z camera or Xperia Z Aqua Sensor cam
I will add those to the poll if it is possible.
Quote:
Lastly, I could help to translate the app settings (once there are settings) and description of the app in the play store into German. Let me know what you think about it.
That will be cool, thanks. But at first I need proper/correct description in English, I am not so good in it.
Quote:
The idea behind your app is simply awesome. So easy and a fresh idea. I like it.
Thanks goes to @jakobdz
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AGGevorgyan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AGGevorgyan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 189

DONATE TO ME
Only senior mod can edit poll options
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AGGevorgyan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AGGevorgyan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 189

DONATE TO ME
New update is available. Look at first post for changelog and download or wait 20-30 minutes for google play.

Tags
camera, photo, underwater, water, xperia z