Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,934 Members 37,562 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REQ] Lock screen so it can't be pressed but still on to watch video

Tip us?

adamkm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Tutorial [REQ] Lock screen so it can't be pressed but still on to watch video

Hi Guys

Does anyone know of an app that will let you lock the screen of your phone but still leave it playing and showing what it was before, like vide?

Example:

I have an "ABC song and video" I downloaded for my 16 month old son. He loves he, it keeps him happy and entertained for 10 mins at a time (Which is a long long time at that age ha), the trouble is, in that 10 mins he inevitably gets a bit excited and pokes the screen, or picks it up. This pauses the video and ofc he doesnt know how to resume. I need an app that would like float over the top or something that makes it so if he presses the screen nothing happens. Functionally, to unlock it it'd be nice to press the lock button (Which would cause the phone to lock fully) and then be unlocked normally.

Anyone know if that is possible, or if it already exists?

Thanks

Adam

Zewarxx
Old
Thanks Meter 33
😀😊

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...videoplayer.ad

Sent from my Xperia Z using XDA Free mobile app

Hit thanks if i helped
phones:
Sony Z (c6603) running stock 4.4.4 locked bootloader
xperia x8 running gdx 31b locked bootloader

adamkm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zewarxx View Post
😀😊

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...videoplayer.ad

Sent from my Xperia Z using XDA Free mobile app
Thank you very much I had MX player already but I didnt know about the kids lock plugin app.

That was only an example though, there's other things like watching random stuff on youtube, or general gallery video's which would be nice to lock too.

If someone would want to make 1, there isnt anything like it and I would pay 5 for it if i could lock any app working like the kids lock on MX player does.

Thanks

Adam

Zewarxx
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkm View Post
Thank you very much I had MX player already but I didnt know about the kids lock plugin app.

That was only an example though, there's other things like watching random stuff on youtube, or general gallery video's which would be nice to lock too.

If someone would want to make 1, there isnt anything like it and I would pay 5 for it if i could lock any app working like the kids lock on MX player does.

Thanks

Adam
you can try this one to play the video in floating mod but i dont know if it woks while the screen is locked

Hit thanks if i helped
phones:
Sony Z (c6603) running stock 4.4.4 locked bootloader
xperia x8 running gdx 31b locked bootloader

zviki
Old
Thanks Meter 201

DONATE TO ME
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...c.touchblocker
or Touch blocker or... The key word for search is "touch",not "screen"

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Ticklefish
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 3,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkm View Post
Hi Guys

Does anyone know of an app that will let you lock the screen of your phone but still leave it playing and showing what it was before, like vide?

Example:

I have an "ABC song and video" I downloaded for my 16 month old son. He loves he, it keeps him happy and entertained for 10 mins at a time (Which is a long long time at that age ha), the trouble is, in that 10 mins he inevitably gets a bit excited and pokes the screen, or picks it up. This pauses the video and ofc he doesnt know how to resume. I need an app that would like float over the top or something that makes it so if he presses the screen nothing happens. Functionally, to unlock it it'd be nice to press the lock button (Which would cause the phone to lock fully) and then be unlocked normally.

Anyone know if that is possible, or if it already exists?

Thanks

Adam
MX Player has a kids lock option.. And I think you can put videos onto loop as well..

Be warned though, you will soon regret it. My eldest son is a big fan of the CBeebies app and I swear I now know every word by heart...

- Tickle My Android 9.2 -

Making Theming Android Fun!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1633333