[Z1][TWRP][PhilZ Touch][CWM] XZDualRecovery Q&A

Search This thread

ryan25012003

Sep 8, 2008
Jakarta
Hi.

I have a C6903 and I had a fully working recovery. Then I installed a custom ROM (iHackers) and i accidentally updated busybox. then, i deleted busybox from /system/bin and tried reinstalling this recovery again but nothing happens and the stock boot just happens. i tried to delete the files to uninstall the recovery using root browser but it cant be deleted.

could anyone help?

thanks.

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
Does it vibrate at all?

Hi mate...

Same thing happend to me...right now...

I want to update recovery to latest (92 or 94 can't remember which one is it)

I flashed it throug recovery and.....no vibration....just kernel loop...

Maybe I had to delete XZdual file from recovery folder?!

I just wanted to update recovery to have working offline charging...but I guess I'll update whole ROM now :) hehe...

Edit...
O.K I'm up again...
Something went wrong after flashing 94 version...
I think I should delete XZDR.prop file and then flash but I really don't won't to flash ROM again from scratch ;)

Last edited:

jacktackle

Jan 28, 2009
London
what will happen if I try this recovery on rooted LG G-flex?
what will be the worst scenerio?

can any one explain me please?

the resolution is different of the devices. of course the boot is different but will it take me to the rocovery and than give me the bootloop?
or the recovery won't flash at all?

Last edited:

RHBH

Apr 1, 2013
Sao Paulo
what will happen if I try this recovery on rooted LG G-flex?
what will be the worst scenerio?

can any one explain me please?

the resolution is different of the devices. of course the boot is different but will it take me to the rocovery and than give me the bootloop?
or the recovery won't flash at all?

The worst scenario I think it will be a bootloop. Does LG phones have a dedicated recovery partition?

funky0308

Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
@Nut
Mate, any idea why we can't flash latest flashable for LB Z1 - I don't have log but maybe you know...

Maybe to try to delete XZDR.prop first or install via PC?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

[NUT]

@Nut
Mate, any idea why we can't flash latest flashable for LB Z1 - I don't have log but maybe you know...

Maybe to try to delete XZDR.prop first or install via PC?

Not sure, I've tested that release myself using the flashable package and it worked fine on my Z1... dunno what's causing it to fail for you :confused:

funky0308

Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
Not sure, I've tested that release myself using the flashable package and it worked fine on my Z1... dunno what's causing it to fail for you :confused:

Hmm...I'm not sure...
I was reading one post above mine (that man also bump into same problem) and thought, as my offline charging won't work, new recovery could help (Niaboc suggest to change recovery/chargemon file).

I downloaded latest (it's 94, right?) flash and..... It stuck on kernel logo...

One question...

I wiped all and flash ROM again (I hate that awfully long process but O.K).
I installed your latest recovery through windows installer.
So, how could I check which version I have now?
Does flashing stripped ftf flash recovery as well...?
If yes, then I'm again on older recovery, because ftf is quite old...

And yeah...could I repace chargemon file from bin folder manually?
Obviously iHackers ROM have some issues with offline charging so if I take only that from your newest recovery could that work?

Last edited:

[NUT]

Hmm...I'm not sure...
I was reading one post above mine (that man also bump into same problem) and thought, as my offline charging won't work, new recovery could help (Niaboc suggest to change recovery/chargemon file).

I downloaded latest (it's 94, right?) flash and..... It stuck on kernel logo...

One question...

I wiped all and flash ROM again (I hate that awfully long process but O.K).
I installed your latest recovery through windows installer.
So, how could I check which version I have now?
Does flashing stripped ftf flash recovery as well...?
If yes, then I'm again on older recovery, because ftf is quite old...

And yeah...could I repace chargemon file from bin folder manually?
Obviously iHackers ROM have some issues with offline charging so if I take only that from your newest recovery could that work?

Wait... that ROM ... does it have a built in recovery? If so ... run the ROMAUR fix before updating (on my downloads page)... I suspect the ROM not to have a chargemon.stock file but still using a replacement chargemon to run it's recovery... Which would also explain why offline charging is not working...

funky0308

Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
Wait... that ROM ... does it have a built in recovery? If so ... run the ROMAUR fix before updating (on my downloads page)... I suspect the ROM not to have a chargemon.stock file but still using a replacement chargemon to run it's recovery... Which would also explain why offline charging is not working...

Well that's iHackers ROM (that I'm using)
I checkes zip file and in system/bin there is chargemon file...

Files for iHackers system/bin
https://app.box.com/s/p07smhvkgf82sskgq6n7

Last edited:

[NUT]

funky0308

Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
*sigh*

Run the romaur fix before updating/installing the latest XZDR. It seems I'll have to rename that now, lol :eek::silly::angel:

:)

So, that's something new they added in ROMs or something new you added in recovery, because I flashed many yours recoveries on old ROM (2.1 iHackers) without any problems...
O.K mate, tnx - I'll try...

BTW, what's that fix and is it your or monx?

[NUT]

:)

So, that's something new they added in ROMs or something new you added in recovery, because I flashed many yours recoveries on old ROM (2.1 iHackers) without any problems...
O.K mate, tnx - I'll try...

BTW, what's that fix and is it your or monx?

It's mine, it installs a chargemon.stock to make sure the XZDR installer overwrites the rom's chargemon script. It's also the only thing it does :)

funky0308

Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
It's mine, it installs a chargemon.stock to make sure the XZDR installer overwrites the rom's chargemon script. It's also the only thing it does :)

Awesome...can't find it here...
Could you, please, point me - I'm on tapatalk and it's real horror to use search here...

Edit...O.K found it.;)

Tnx for help mate ;)

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Damm....same thing again...

Nooooo...I have to flash everything again...

Is there some way to change or keep chargemon after flashing stripped ftf?

I'll flash/install 94 via PC (obviusly9 but it's overwriten after stripped ftf is flashed...

Maybe to move your chargemon (fix) into ROM and then flash ROM?

ripbrucelee

May 9, 2011
how?

probably a very silly question! i've downgraded my z1 c6903 from kitkat .681 to jellybean .534, i've rooted it with kingoroot and got rooted. after that i installed your recovery and had the flashable zip installed(zipped and unzipped) on the sd card. i did the wiping part and now i'm ready to flash the zip but i don't know how! i can see it on my sd card but when i want to click on it i get two folders: boot and META-INF! how can i flash?

[NUT]

probably a very silly question! i've downgraded my z1 c6903 from kitkat .681 to jellybean .534, i've rooted it with kingoroot and got rooted. after that i installed your recovery and had the flashable zip installed(zipped and unzipped) on the sd card. i did the wiping part and now i'm ready to flash the zip but i don't know how! i can see it on my sd card but when i want to click on it i get two folders: boot and META-INF! how can i flash?

How are you looking at the zip contents?

I don't know where the boot folder is coming from though, that ain't part of xzdualrecovery...

Reactions: anakdayak

anakdayak

Jan 8, 2013
Hi Nut I'm currently on ur 757 with a 115....is it ok if I flash the 117? Worried that it may get stuck on Sony Logo.

Top Liked Posts