[Z1][TWRP][PhilZ Touch][CWM] XZDualRecovery Q&A

Search This thread

ripbrucelee

May 9, 2011
How are you looking at the zip contents?

I don't know where the boot folder is coming from though, that ain't part of xzdualrecovery...

I have downloaded and installed your recovery, the .94 version. I have also installed the c6903 .290 flashable zip from your site and saved it to ext_sdcard/ ftf firmwares. I have there the complete zipped package and i have there also installed the unzipped package. First i had installed the zipped package but it wasn't visible when i wanted to flash it. So i had decided to unzip the zip file in the same folder and then i saw the boot and meta-inf folder but still i cannot flash! This is twrp recovery. Thanks for the quick reply!

Last edited:

ripbrucelee

May 9, 2011
I have downloaded and installed your recovery, the .94 version. I have also installed the c6903 .290 flashable zip from your site and saved it to ext_sdcard/ ftf firmwares. I have there the complete zipped package and i have there also installed the unzipped package. First i had installed the zipped package but it wasn't visible when i wanted to flash it. So i had decided to unzip the zip file in the same folder and then i saw the boot and meta-inf folder but still i cannot flash! This is twrp recovery. Thanks for the quick reply!

Is it required to have busybox installed? i have it not yet installed because i first wanted to go back to kitkat with root!

ripbrucelee

May 9, 2011
Once you have XZDR installed you actually already have a busybox installed. DO NOT INSTALL ANY OTHER! It will break XZDR.

Alright! That part i did good! But must i unzip it on my sd card or not? The zipped file isn't visible when i want to flash and if i unzip it i got the 2 folders with boot and meta_inf and i still can't flash anything!

[NUT]

Alright! That part i did good! But must i unzip it on my sd card or not? The zipped file isn't visible when i want to flash and if i unzip it i got the 2 folders with boot and meta_inf and i still can't flash anything!

I'm wondering if you are doing it right actually... the flashable ZIP is meant to be flashed as a whole, without unpacking it...

Where do you store it and what filesystem is your SDcard using?

ripbrucelee

May 9, 2011
I'm wondering if you are doing it right actually... the flashable ZIP is meant to be flashed as a whole, without unpacking it...

Where do you store it and what filesystem is your SDcard using?

I have it installed in ext_sd/ftf firmwares and my sd card is formatted in fat32! Would ntfs do the trick? I made my ftf firmware map clean( deleted the old files) and i am downloading the flashable zip to my sd card in the same folder( damn, i am on my work with a slow dell inspiron mini on windows xp so downloading can take a while.....)! do you advice to format the sd card in ntfs? Many thanks for your help already!

[NUT]

I have it installed in ext_sd/ftf firmwares and my sd card is formatted in fat32! Would ntfs do the trick? I made my ftf firmware map clean( deleted the old files) and i am downloading the flashable zip to my sd card in the same folder( damn, i am on my work with a slow dell inspiron mini on windows xp so downloading can take a while.....)! do you advice to format the sd card in ntfs? Many thanks for your help already!

No, not required... NTFS will not work at all AFAIK, so skip that.

You tap 'Install', then at the top you see you will be searching through 'External SDCard'?

ripbrucelee

May 9, 2011
No, not required... NTFS will not work at all AFAIK, so skip that.

You tap 'Install', then at the top you see you will be searching through 'External SDCard'?

I am gonna try it this evening( i am in the netherlands and now its 4pm)! Hope it will work tonight, i almost can't wait to have a rooted c6903 with kitkat!

ripbrucelee

May 9, 2011
I have downloaded. 290 generic global ftf from the ftf thread and saved it to ext_sd/ftf firmwares and searched it via twrp and philz touch but can't find it! In philz touch the ext_sd is completely invisible! What am i doing wrong? Supersu is enabled and works fine. Is it necessary to flash the ftf's via the recovery or can i also flash with flashtool and keep my root?

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

And yes, i am searching through external sd card and astro file manager can see the file!

timberwolf60

Apr 2, 2008
Singapore
I have downloaded. 290 generic global ftf from the ftf thread and saved it to ext_sd/ftf firmwares and searched it via twrp and philz touch but can't find it! In philz touch the ext_sd is completely invisible! What am i doing wrong? Supersu is enabled and works fine. Is it necessary to flash the ftf's via the recovery or can i also flash with flashtool and keep my root?

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

And yes, i am searching through external sd card and astro file manager can see the file!

All the recovery can't detected the ftf file extension because it not compatible. Used Flashtool to flash it and your root was gone.

Send from my C6903 using TapatalkPro
my SG device: Z1 rooted 136 ROM by NUT with 2.7.117 xzdualrecovery, mod by GavityBox 3.0.2 [JB]
Samsung S2 in sleeping mode.

ripbrucelee

May 9, 2011
I use this guide to root my c6903 with kitkat: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2704741

I am now to the step to flash the.290 ftf and want to download it from NUT's site but can't find it there! Can i also flash an .136 ftf to complete the steps or must i really flash the .290 ftf? And can i flash any ftf or must it be specific to not lose my imei? Many thanks!

Blizz1982

Oct 29, 2009
Cracow
I have one question:
Currently I have installed: XZ-lockeddualrecovery2.7.75-BETA.installer
I planning update my Xperia Z1 to from 4.2.2 to 4.4
Can I install directly on my actual recovery this version ? Z1-lockeddualrecovery2.7.117-BETA.installer

There is problem if actual version of revovery is XZ and new is Z1?

[NUT]

I have one question:
Currently I have installed: XZ-lockeddualrecovery2.7.75-BETA.installer
I planning update my Xperia Z1 to from 4.2.2 to 4.4
Can I install directly on my actual recovery this version ? Z1-lockeddualrecovery2.7.117-BETA.installer

There is problem if actual version of revovery is XZ and new is Z1?

Just install the flashable version for the Z1 and it will be all working fine.

thanhhii

Nov 4, 2012
Bảo Lộc
Just install the flashable version for the Z1 and it will be all working fine.

@[NUT]
I have a problem:
- If i just make an ODEX rom and flash via recovery then flash Super SU and XZDual 2.7.117 then flash kernel => Reboot will get FULL root => and flash the DEODEX package!
- But if i make DEODEX rom and flash via recovery then flash Super SU and XZDual 2.7.117 then flash kernel => Reboot will get SEMI ROOT
I dont know why??
Can you help me?
Thanks so much for your hard work!

[NUT]

I use this guide to root my c6903 with kitkat: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2704741

I am now to the step to flash the.290 ftf and want to download it from NUT's site but can't find it there! Can i also flash an .136 ftf to complete the steps or must i really flash the .290 ftf? And can i flash any ftf or must it be specific to not lose my imei? Many thanks!

Grab the 136 update files and work with them, I removed the 290 files to make some space for 757.

@[NUT]
I have a problem:
- If i just make an ODEX rom and flash via recovery then flash Super SU and XZDual 2.7.117 then flash kernel => Reboot will get FULL root => and flash the DEODEX package!
- But if i make DEODEX rom and flash via recovery then flash Super SU and XZDual 2.7.117 then flash kernel => Reboot will get SEMI ROOT
I dont know why??
Can you help me?
Thanks so much for your hard work!

It sounds to me that you are forgetting to include the disableric script, which should be placed inside /system/xbin to be picked up automatically.

Reactions: thanhhii

thanhhii

Nov 4, 2012
Bảo Lộc
Grab the 136 update files and work with them, I removed the 290 files to make some space for 757.

It sounds to me that you are forgetting to include the disableric script, which should be placed inside /system/xbin to be picked up automatically.
But why i flash XZDual 2.7.115 in STOCK ODEX Rom it Full root but in Stock DEODEX it just get Semi? ODEX and DEODEX not the problem?
Can u explain for me?
I dont integrated XZDual in my Rom! Just flash it after flash Rom?

Send Via Honami 6903

[NUT]

But why i flash XZDual 2.7.115 in STOCK ODEX Rom it Full root but in Stock DEODEX it just get Semi? ODEX and DEODEX not the problem?
Can u explain for me?
I dont integrated XZDual in my Rom! Just flash it after flash Rom?

Send Via Honami 6903

That's confusing alright... It actually shouldn't matter... Try using 117 please, in 115 I forgot to add 757 to the disableric installation script...

thanhhii

Nov 4, 2012
Bảo Lộc
That's confusing alright... It actually shouldn't matter... Try using 117 please, in 115 I forgot to add 757 to the disableric installation script...
I have fix this in 115!
Thansk u so much!
Problem is in Installdisableric.sh => this just check the latest 681 not check the 757 so disableric not install to System/xbin!
Both 115 and 117 have the same problem!
Please fix this for another member!
Thanks u so much!

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
I have fix this in 115!
Thansk u so much!
Problem is in Installdisableric.sh => this just check the latest 681 not check the 757 so disableric not install to System/xbin!
Both 115 and 117 have the same problem!
Please fix this for another member!
Thanks u so much!

So you wanna say 117 have same busybox issue as older version?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

thanhhii

Nov 4, 2012
Bảo Lộc
So you wanna say 117 have same busybox issue as older version?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

This is not busybox issue!
When flash XZDual, this will check the version of Rom to install disableric!
But in 115 and 117 it just check the latest version is 681 not 757 so this not install disableric so just get Semiroot
Just manual move disableric in to system/xbin will get full root

Send Via Honami 6903

Top Liked Posts