FORUMS

I/O Summary: How Android M Handles Power And Charging

In the spirit of improving the core Android experience, Google is changing Android … more

I/O Summary: Google Photos App

At I/O 2015, Google tackled the information problem in mobile once more, this time through … more

I/O Summary: Development, Play Store, The Next Billion

VP of Engineering Jen Fitzpatrick began talking about what Google is doing to … more

I/O Summary: Google Now on Tap

Google is all about organizing the world’s information to make it universally useful, and these … more

Newroot for Z1 & Z1C

Thanks Meter: 17,427

By munjeni, Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer on 6th July 2014, 04:13 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Yesterday, 10:36 AM |#271  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello.
I have a Xperia Z1 and I got access to Root with Newroot.
Currently I want install Lollipop without losing Root, making flash Lollipop + SuperSU + + Recovery in a single flashable zip (according to several threads on XDA).
Then I wipe data and wipe cache (as recommended), and then install the zip file from sdcard. With this procedure I get as a result only a factory restore, with root preserved, but dont get Lollipop. In fact, the installation of the zip file ends in 2-3 seconds and my Xperia restarts quickly (not the long time described in various thread).
I think that the recovery (CWM 6.4.0.7) installed with the Root does not work well. Or am I doing something wrong?
How can I fix ?.
Install a new recovey? What and how?
Thank you.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread