[STOCK][C69XX][4.4.4] Update to 14.4.A.0.108 [Root & XZDR][DE-/ODEX]

Search This thread

[NUT]

attachment.php

Requirements:

Special features:

In the following guide I suggest you use an external SDCard but that's just good practice, you can use your internal storage or even an USB OTG storage device in TWRP if you like to install, that's no problem!... If you are modding and the likes, best is to have an external sdcard, just for safeties sake.

How to update to 14.4.A.0.108:
  1. Files (Find them on the download tab!) :
    • For C6902: Download C6902_14.4.A.0.108.flashable.zip (1022MB) and C6902_14.4.A.0.108_Stripped.ftf (21MB)
    • For C6903: Download C6903_14.4.A.0.108.flashable.zip (947MB) and C6903_14.4.A.0.108_Stripped.ftf (21MB)
    • For C6906: Download C6906_14.4.A.0.108.flashable.zip (970MB) and C6906_14.4.A.0.108_Stripped.ftf (21MB)
    • For C6943: Download C6943_14.4.A.0.108.flashable.zip (1003MB) and C6943_14.4.A.0.108_Stripped.ftf (21MB)
    Save them somewhere you remember;
  2. Put 'C69XX_14.4.A.0.108.flashable.zip' on (the external) SDcard1;
  3. Put 'C69XX_14.4.A.0.108_Stripped.ftf' inside the Flashtool/firmwares folder;
  4. Create a backup of your phone in TWRP and don't forget to backup the contents of 'SDCard' (the internal storage!);
  5. Flash 'C69XX_14.4.A.0.108.flashable.zip' in TWRP (if you notice your phone reboot during the update process, update to the latest XZDualRecovery and try again);
    NOTE: do not reboot but go back to the main menu, then go to reboot->power off;
  6. Flash everything in 'C69XX_14.4.A.0.108_Stripped.ftf' using flashtool;
  7. Reboot to system.

The first boot will be slow and after some time at the boot animation you will see Android start optimizing the apps on your phone.

Enjoy! :laugh:

@RHBH has created a deodex package for each of these releases. Check out his thread here.

Need some help?
@shem2409 has made a video guide to aid you in the update process:
Thanks buddy, great work, as always! :)

Known XZDualRecovery Issues:
Busybox Updater/Installer: If you have XZDualRecovery installed, un-install any Busybox updating app/tool as most if not all of them will install a version of busybox which does not support the lzma compression applets XZDualRecovery depends on. The version installed together with XZDualRecovery is very stable and I have yet to hear anyone complain about it's stability.

How to report errors:
Please, before shouting out "It doesn't work!!1!" or "I lost root!" or even "My phone reboots when remounting /system RW!!" try the following:
  1. Restore any KitKat FTF using any means you are familiar with so you can try again.
    • Root it using the Easy Root Tool by @zxz0O0 and install XZDualRecovery, or
    • Install XZDualRecovery using option 3 in the installer menu (installation on unrooted ROM)
  2. Then try to update again using TWRP.
  3. If it still fails something from there on: LOGS!!.
    NOTE: The important ones can be found in /cache/recovery and in /sdcard1/XZDualRecovery, pack them up and send them to me or attach them to your bug report.

Thank you :)

XDA:DevDB Information
[STOCK][C69XX][4.4.4] Update to 14.4.A.0.108 [Root & XZDR][DE-/ODEX], ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1

Contributors
[NUT]
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: 14.3.A.0.757
Based On: STOCK

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2014-07-01

Created 2014-07-02
Last Updated 2014-08-19

guybrush2099

Apr 19, 2013
It replaces perfectly rooted .761 (C6903), too :)
Tested by myself using dualrecovery 2.7.132 BETA

I used last Flashtool 0.9.16.1

It's a really good firmware version
I can't find something I don't like this time

Thank you again Nut :)

Inviato dal mio C6903 con Tapatalk

Last edited:

[NUT]

It replaces perfectly rooted .761 (C6903), too :)
Tested by myself using dualrecovery 2.7.132 BETA

I used last Flashtool 0.9.16.1

It's a really good firmware version
I can't find something I don't like this time

Thank you again Nut :)

Inviato dal mio C6903 con Tapatalk

It will probably work when coming from any JB or KitKat version, but I tend to keep it a safe bet on the OP :)

emccccc

Nov 2, 2013
So where is this firmware based? I mean, the countrry, like FR AE and such? Also, if i already have rooted .108 (4.4.4) on my z1 C6903, can i just flash the zip file in twrp and not the ftf anymore? Also, can i dirty flash it?

[NUT]

So where is this firmware based? I mean, the countrry, like FR AE and such? Also, if i already have rooted .108 (4.4.4) on my z1 C6903, can i just flash the zip file in twrp and not the ftf anymore? Also, can i dirty flash it?

IF you're on 108 already, why bother?

The 03 version is based on the French release. 02 is India, 06 is US and 43 is Brazil.

Reactions: emccccc

[NUT]

Thanks!
Any problem using French based fw on a nordic(Norwegian) c6903?

Nope.

X-Reality engine don't work in my C6902 UB with Advanced Stock Kernel latest version!!! ???

me by PM said:
I'm on unlocked bootloader, so I'm not in position to test it...

You could try to create a backup of your data partition and then do a factory reset from TWRP. This will not mess with your internal storage if you don't want it to.

Then see if it turns on again. Could be something changed in how it gets addressed in the config...

But seeing you have an unlocked bootloader as well... X-Reality should not even work anymore ever since you unlocked it...

Untouchab1e

Apr 11, 2007
Could someone please post the file called libmmcamera_tintless_algo.so?

Last edited:

Jacker75

Jun 5, 2014
TURKU
Is there SdCard read&write issue on this firmware too mate? I meant, do we have to edit permission.xml file again after flashing this? I am currently not able to move apps to sd nor i can use third part backup&restore apps like " GOBACKUP" with 4.4.2 , but with the 532 stock kernel i can do it. Issue is still there on the firmware 14.3.A.0.757 stripped by NUT :) I need your help man. I used everything on XDA, no hope. :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

Requirements:

Special features:

In the following guide I suggest you use an external SDCard but that's just good practice, you can use your internal storage or even an USB OTG storage device in TWRP if you like to install, that's no problem!... If you are modding and the likes, best is to have an external sdcard, just for safeties sake.

How to update to 14.4.A.0.108:
    1. Files (Find them on the download tab!) :
      • For C6902: Download C6902_14.4.A.0.108.flashable.zip (1022MB) and C6902_14.4.A.0.108_Stripped.ftf (21MB)
      • For C6903: Download C6903_14.4.A.0.108.flashable.zip (947MB) and C6903_14.4.A.0.108_Stripped.ftf (21MB)
      • For C6906: Download C6906_14.4.A.0.108.flashable.zip (970MB) and C6906_14.4.A.0.108_Stripped.ftf (21MB)
      • For C6943: Download C6943_14.4.A.0.108.flashable.zip (1003MB) and C6943_14.4.A.0.108_Stripped.ftf (21MB)
      Save them somewhere you remember;
    2. Put 'C69XX_14.4.A.0.108.flashable.zip' on (the external) SDcard1;
    3. Put 'C69XX_14.4.A.0.108_Stripped.ftf' inside the Flashtool/firmwares folder;
    4. Create a backup of your phone in TWRP and don't forget to backup the contents of 'SDCard' (the internal storage!);
    5. Flash 'C69XX_14.4.A.0.108.flashable.zip' in TWRP (if you notice your phone reboot during the update process, update to the latest XZDualRecovery and try again);
      NOTE: do not reboot but go back to the main menu, then go to reboot->power off;
    6. Flash everything in 'C69XX_14.4.A.0.108_Stripped.ftf' using flashtool;
    7. Reboot to system.

The first boot will be slow and after some time at the boot animation you will see Android start optimizing the apps on your phone.

Enjoy! :laugh:

@RHBH has created a deodex package for each of these releases. Check out his thread here.

Need some help?
    @shem2409 has made a video guide to aid you in the update process:
    Thanks buddy, great work, as always! :)

Known XZDualRecovery Issues:
    Busybox Updater/Installer: If you have XZDualRecovery installed, un-install any Busybox updating app/tool as most if not all of them will install a version of busybox which does not support the lzma compression applets XZDualRecovery depends on. The version installed together with XZDualRecovery is very stable and I have yet to hear anyone complain about it's stability.

How to report errors:
    Please, before shouting out "It doesn't work!!1!" or "I lost root!" or even "My phone reboots when remounting /system RW!!" try the following:
    1. Restore any KitKat FTF using any means you are familiar with so you can try again.
      • Root it using the Easy Root Tool by @zxz0O0 and install XZDualRecovery, or
      • Install XZDualRecovery using option 3 in the installer menu (installation on unrooted ROM)
    2. Then try to update again using TWRP.
    3. If it still fails something from there on: LOGS!!.
      NOTE: The important ones can be found in /cache/recovery and in /sdcard1/XZDualRecovery, pack them up and send them to me or attach them to your bug report.

Thank you :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    [STOCK][C69XX][4.4.4] Update to 14.4.A.0.108 [Root & XZDR][DE-/ODEX], ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1

Contributors
    [NUT]
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 14.3.A.0.757
    Based On: STOCK

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2014-07-01

Created 2014-07-02
    Last Updated 2014-08-19
    ROM status: Stable

File links updated and working now.

Have fun people, sorry for the wait :)
    IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Because I have to prioritize the time I have between projects and my personal life as well as my business life got increasingly busy, I have decided this was the last package I have done for public release.

Anyone able and willing is invited to take over the magic wand of releasing these update packages. I will be working on expanding the toolkit used for it and will keep updating the DIY thread, working with who ever takes over to fix any issues in the ROM that might be caused by security issues. These will be implemented in XZDR as soon as a solution is found, so you will still see loads more from me, just no ROM packages.

The DIY thread: [DIY GUIDE] Create a personalized ROM yourself!

Ask any question on the process of creating these packages there.

I will be placing the files which I released under the Download tab on the DevDB bar, cleaning stuff from my private downloads server in the coming weeks. The last topics I did for the update packages will remain open but I will stop monitoring them as soon as the files have been put on the XDA file server.
    Why Torrent and not Mega? We're livin at 2014

And that is precisely the reason for torrent :D
    Thanks again, update successful! :D

But now I've lost the ability to choose 'GSM only' as Network Mode.
    I lost this in an earlier fw update too, but got it back in the next one.
    Now this has happened again, and I wonder if it has anything to do with fw from different countries. Maybe they support different types of networks?

Not a big problem, but 'GSM only' helps saving a lot of battery when I'm in places with really bad 3G/4G coverage.

This depends on the network the ROM comes from. i.e. the FTF here for the C6903 is FR (French). To make the GSM option available again in the "preferred network mode" menu, you need to remove the custom overlay which is replacing the original menu with the vendors own.
    using a file manager (I use ES Explorer with root access enabled) navigate to root (/) then to "vendor" then to "overlay"...i.e. /vendor/overlay
    Now remove the following APK (or cut and paste to another folder):
    com.android.phone-res.apk
    reboot the phone, "GSM only" option should be available again.
    Also, if you want to have the original "LTE" indicator instead of the 4G indicator, remove SystemUI-Overlay-285.apk (from the same location)