[StockBased][Linaro6.2.1][.236] OK Kernel V8.3 FINAL/multirom updated 06.08.2017

Search This thread

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
Seems like something with your rom. All looks fine in kmsg logs. You will only get last_kmsg if kernel crashes entirely.
This is my battery stats on idle with greenify and amplify on stock rom.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-07-24-17-50-45.png
    Screenshot_2017-07-24-17-50-45.png
    188 KB · Views: 234
Reactions: nqhoai

Mr saxobeat

Aug 31, 2016
Don't ask me, check for yourself.

Well, it doesn't work sony logo loop..
I think that would be awesome if you make a version for nougat roms (just a one version don't even update it!) It's ok if you don't i think that a legendary kernel like ok kernel disserve to sacrifice nougat for it's battery performance and stability, keep the great work up.

Edit:which rom do you recommend to use with your kernel?

Last edited:
Reactions: JC Pzy

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
I'm using plain stock, debloated, deodexed with some mods such as cyberian camera, my volume and torch boost and that's pretty much it. RockZ1 by @venkat kamesh is pretty good IMO.

I actually got in touch with @SuperLamic and when he's going to figure out touchscreen driver issue then I'll work on updating my kernel to work with nougat and if camera and touchscreen will work there like on stock then I might aswell entirely move my kernel development to AOSP.

Get me last_kmsg and I might get it to work on nougat sooner.

Last edited:

Snp Mania2

Jan 17, 2016
Surabaya - East Java
I am sorry man for bad this post, but I have two last_kmsg on LOS latest superlamic, i am currently in Nougat rom now,
for first i take it when phone is normal/stand by,
And a second i take when phone is reboot then i go to twrp then paste it in sdcard.. I hope can useful

Attachments

• last_kmsg-LOS.txt
    46.5 KB · Views: 13
  • last_kmsg_BOOT_UP.txt
    113.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Reactions: olokos

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
Wait a second, so you actually flashed my kernel on suprelamic's rom and it boots and works just fine? :eek:

Try flashing my kernel on top of his rom and then get last_kmsg. His own kernel last_kmsg doesn't really matter for me, at least not yet.

Last edited:

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
OK-Kernel V8.3

So there's a new release, still testing, but should be flawless.

Changes compared to 8.2:

- Replaced mmc/sdcard drivers to the latest ones from OPO including patch which should fix dreaded status -110 when sdcard is trying to go to sleep.
- replaced entire qdsp6v2 audio driver with latest OPO one (soundcard update, should improve sound in-call and in general a lot)
- updated cpu calculations code allowing for better frequency scaling, detection etc
- removed SELinux auditing, doesn't change a thing as selinux is set as permissive, but will improve performance as there's less spam

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634788492

As always, better, faster, less buggy or at least I think so. :)

Mr saxobeat

Aug 31, 2016
I'm using plain stock, debloated, deodexed with some mods such as cyberian camera, my volume and torch boost and that's pretty much it. RockZ1 by @venkat kamesh is pretty good IMO.

I actually got in touch with @SuperLamic and when he's going to figure out touchscreen driver issue then I'll work on updating my kernel to work with nougat and if camera and touchscreen will work there like on stock then I might aswell entirely move my kernel development to AOSP.

Get me last_kmsg and I might get it to work on nougat sooner.

I think RockZ1 is a kitkat rom..do you mean Kryptonian rom?
I don't really think that the camera gonna work like on stock, but it's pretty good with really solid and decent performance..maybe the touch will be..
I'm testing the rom and every build it the touch gets better till now i tested 14/7 build (not the lastest) for a week and the screen didn't respond only one time and a quick double power button clicks solved it *on the other hand CodeZero's aicp and RR had a worse touch screen*

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

So there's a new release, still testing, but should be flawless.

Changes compared to 8.2:

- Replaced mmc/sdcard drivers to the latest ones from OPO including patch which should fix dreaded status -110 when sdcard is trying to go to sleep.
- replaced entire qdsp6v2 audio driver with latest OPO one (soundcard update, should improve sound in-call and in general a lot)
- updated cpu calculations code allowing for better frequency scaling, detection etc
- removed SELinux auditing, doesn't change a thing as selinux is set as permissive, but will improve performance as there's less spam

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634788492

As always, better, faster, less buggy or at least I think so. :)

Looks like @olokos is on fire! ?

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
Yeah I meant Kryptionian. Basically latest venkat kamesh's ROM. I know he's doing stuff right. I was planning to release my own ROM a year ago, everything was perfect but then .236 was released and I had to redo everything I did so I am just doing the most important changes for me in stock rom and using that.

Once SuperLamic gets touch working like on stock I'll be focusing on getting it to work with his ROM, maybe even creating another kernel specifically to be based on his ROM, we'll see in the future. Last time I used AOSP games like Asphalt or anything else for that matter was unplayable because touschreen was always losing touch so I was always against it, but this can always change. :)

Yup, I am on fire. :D
Actually just last 3 commits were what I did now before releasing as I wanted to test those massive changes myself for a bit before releasing it to you guys, but it seems to work better than ever! :)

Snp Mania2

Jan 17, 2016
Surabaya - East Java
Wait a second, so you actually flashed my kernel on suprelamic's rom and it boots and works just fine? :eek:

Try flashing my kernel on top of his rom and then get last_kmsg. His own kernel last_kmsg doesn't really matter for me, at least not yet.
Lol man.. I am really sorry for bad english, i just send LOS last_kmsg for u to check into it! not realy understand what u mean!
I know your kernel will doesn't working for LOS :laugh:

Mr saxobeat

Aug 31, 2016
Last time I used AOSP games like Asphalt or anything else for that matter was unplayable because touschreen was always losing touch so I was always against it

If you are a gaming guy i recommend trying games with @SuperLamic's LOS.. graphics performance is better than stock based lollipop rom because it's CAF (i can't really confirm if the rom with 3.4 kernel is CAF but the old rom with 3.10 kernel were) and tested those games much better performance and didn't have any screen issue while playing:
Mortal Kombat x, dead trigger 2, asphalt nitro,into the dead

tomascus

Recognized Developer
Jun 5, 2012
Melbourne
If you are a gaming guy i recommend trying games with @SuperLamic's LOS.. graphics performance is better than stock based lollipop rom because it's CAF (i can't really confirm if the rom with 3.4 kernel is CAF but the old rom with 3.10 kernel were) and tested those games much better performance and didn't have any screen issue while playing:
Mortal Kombat x, dead trigger 2, asphalt nitro,into the dead
My (one used in superlamics ROM) kernel is CAF based and stock is CAF based too.......

tomascus

Recognized Developer
Jun 5, 2012
Melbourne
Do you mean stock lollipop? Does it use the latest code Aurora patches?
Yes every kernel for z1 has been based on CAF.
Depends on what you mean by 'latest CAF patches', qualcomm deprecated msm8974 long long ago so in that sense, no it doesn't have the latest 'CAF patches'. But the latest for the branch suitable for our device? Sure, that's in the kernel in superlamic's ROM.
Anyway, enough off topic :)

Reactions: Mr saxobeat

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
Maybe zips work but V8.3 not. But I already updated now through rashr. You can look into it if you release a new update.
8.3 works perfectly, I'm asking you what way were you trying to flash as I have no idea how are you trying to flash it. Recommended way is always through fastboot flash boot OK-Kernel-V8.3.img.
what is configuration in Kernel Adiutor?
I don't know what to do with it.
CPU governor - intellimm, group tasks on as less cores as possible
hotplug - intelliplug, disable any other
gpu - keep gov as it is, but enable idler and simple ondemand
thermal - disable all but intellithermal
I'll try to set these as default in next update.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys! :)

My work on Z1 is done. I will provide little to no support. I moved on to S8+

Some of you may have tried my custom kernel, I have now made another one (I've been running it for like half a year, couldn't decide whether to release it or not).

With this kernel I put stability on first place, then battery life, then performance. Don't expect flashy stuff. If it breaks anything or is cumbersome to implement then I won't do that.
    Changelog:

Changes in V8.3:
    Fixup code indentation to get rid of all the warnings during compilation.
    Final release

Changes in V8.2:
    Disable selinux spam in dmesg, it's permissive so AVC messages are unnecessary. That should improve both performance and battery, might not matter at all.
    Replaced most of MMC code with one plus one's, that should massively improve internal memory handling.
    Replaced the entire qdsp6v2 code with OPO's - this improved mic a million, speakers also seem to work better
    Reworked cpu calculations a bit

Changes in V8/1:
    Fixed most of sdcard issues - it is now the best kernel to use with SDcards
    Replaced most of outdated camera code with One Plus One code, which should improve camera usage massively.

Changes in V7.5(unreleased):
    Fixup code formatting
    Enable booting with idle GPU freq - 27MHz
    Enable stereo call recording thanks @DooMLoRD
    Update prima/pronto (wifi drivers) to latest ones
    Remove WiFi debugging - useless, provides better battery and performance
    Fix NEON and VFP functions to work earlier on boot
    Implemented Adreno Idler - helps with GPU Idling
    Simple GPU Algorithm by @faux123 - this enables better GPU freq scaling
    Implemented msm-sleeper, that allows for lower CPU freqs and less used cores with screen off.
    Fixup of fast-charge
    better handling of powersuspend based on display state

Changes in V7:
    Implemented Intellithermal_v2
    Added fast charge as requested, I didn't see much change in charging times to be honest and people have said its not safe to use, but it's there.
    Possibly brought back breathing notifications.

Changes in V6.5:
    Updated toolchain to linaro 6.2.1
    Use hard float and neon FPU - this might provide quite an improvement to overall performance and battery life
    Update device ramdisk to actual .236 - all booting issues should be gone along with update nagging
    Update TWRP to 3.2

Changes in V6.2:
    New bootlogo by IRL friend.

Changes in V6.1:
    This is mostly a bugfixing version
    Added additional last_kmsg support
    MX ROM users - PLEASE SEND LAST_KMSG from this version, it still won't boot yet, so make a backup of your previous kernel in TWRP!

New features in V6:
    TWRP 3.0.0.0 (No multirom version yet, let me know if you really need it!)
    3x faster int sqrt
    selinux fixes
    Bigger interval of battery level check
    More conservative readahead
    Send one packet at a time for touchscreen
    Power efficient work queues (better cpu task queuing)
    Low memory killer - starts caring about high ram
    Faster camera startup and operation
    Memory aligning to sector size
    GPU optimization flags
    Better managment of writing files back to memory
    CPU freq/gov fixes
    msm limiter - allows for better limiting of cpu freq
    Update wifi driver (supposedly)
    Update toolchain to Linaro 5.2, latest stable Linaro toolchain!
    Change display colors to get less yellowish/warm colors thanks @tomascus !
    Please go into white balance in system and reduce blue to around 110 for better white.
    GCC 5 cortex a15 CPU optimizations
    Notification LED API, from now on it's pulsing instead of blinking on notification
    Remove RIC from ramdisk init (this should fix booting issues for some)
    Removed few unused defconfig entries
    Boost CPU freq when migrating threads from one cpu to another
    From V6 I'm packing ramdisk on every kernel build
    Using latest sony mkqcdtbootimg, that should improve stuff with boot.img DT's.
    Noop is a default I/O sched. It's very good for spindleless disks (Flash memory, SSD's)
    Force permissive selinux at all times. It won't go to restrictive anymore.
    use memcpy, memmove, copy_page memory optimizations for MSM8974.
    Fixed idle cpu calculations
    Lots of EXT4 filesystem fixes
    Very optimize
    Much fast
    So battery
    Wow
    New features in V5:
    • Further improved sdcard speed
    • Now compiling Prima WiFi driver with kernel. Faster and more stable WiFi.
    • New governor - Intelli MinMax - my favourite for now
    • Finally implemented Intelliplug 4.0 - default hotplug mpdecision replacement by faux123
    • Corrected notification LED brightness levels
    • Cleaned up the source a bit

Features of V4:
    • latest 14.6.A.1.216 source code
    • Enabled higher eMMC frequencies
    • disabled cpu boost on screen wakeup
    • optimized code to get lower CPU usage overall (not by removing anything or slowing stuff down!)
    • very low minimum screen brightness on the minimal brightness (disable automatic brightness for that and move slider all the way to the left)
    • Faux's Sound control
    • Kcal Color control
    • RIC disabled by default
    • corrected reported GPU frequency
    • conservative and ondemand optimizations
    • Venkat Kamesh's ramdisk that allows flawless multiboot + my own bootlogo (pretty funny :) )
    • General performance improvements
    • gpu optimizations
    • optimized for Cortex A15 cores (just like krait)
    • Linaro 4.8 toolchain instead of the GCC 4.7
    • OOM optimizations
    • memory optimizations
    • stability fixes
    • general performance improvements
    • intelliactive governor
    • config.gz viewable in /proc
    • Nvidia Shield cpu power patches - great battery improvement
    • added new, shiny quickwakeup and powersuspend drivers that help improving battery life even further
    • MultiRom Support
    • MultiRom TWRP
    • Fixed in kernel random numbers generation - seeder is completely not needed with my kernel. :)

Download:
    V8.3 here - 25.07.2017
    V8.3 MULTIROM TWRP here - 06.08.2017
    Previous versions

If you get a bootloop, random reboot, whatever, ALWAYS send me last_kmsg log - PRESS HERE for a guide on how to do this, if you don't do that, I won't fix it. Any post with something like "REBOOT, HALP PLS' or "BOOTLOOP, NO WORK" will be reported and then removed.

If you installed XZDR recovery before, some custom rom or you're just not coming from a stock clean rom,please flash THIS before flashing my kernel. It will remove RIC and remnants of XZDR recovery which prevents kernels from booting. Thanks to @venkat kamesh for original script and thanks to @Snp Mania2 for figuring out the problem! :)

Source code

OK Kernel V4 checksums
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FzWHKrxt.png

Many thanks to:
    @venkat kamesh for his awesome ramdisk, I would be bashing my head on the wall trying to get multirom to work if not him.
    @Tommy-Geenexus for getting my buildscript to work and for his awesome code. He made building the kernel a bliss for me.
    @faux123 too many to point out
    @DirtyUnicorn team for some commits.
    Propably others that I forgot to mention. I will update credits soon.

As always, you do everything at your own risk.

Enjoy! :highfive:
    Thank you guys for all the journey we've had together. I got a Samsung Galaxy S8+ now and I will develop for that in the nearest future. It made me sad that something I worked on for 11 hours each day for 2 days only got used by 40 people and just 3 reached out to me. My phone is slowly ending its life with eMMC wear going bad and it's just simply time to move on.

Thanks to everybody, I hope to see you on S8+ forums guys, cheers! :)
    Here's my configuration in Kernel Adiutor geared towards battery life while still being pretty smooth. buttery smooth on v5

My OK Kernel v4 configuration http://imgur.com/gallery/vXPUE
    My OK Kernel v5 configuration http://imgur.com/a/m8gl6
    V6 update! :)

As I said before, v6 was about to be released and it finally is now! :) It brings massive improvements. One of the things is updated toolchain from linaro 4.7.4 (06.2014) to linaro 5.2 (11.2015). There are loads of other things I changed and added, but I'm too tired to do a proper changelog. Hopefully I'll update first post tomorrow. For now, you'll have to check my github page or just flash it and see for yourself if there's a difference between v5 and v6. :)

https://basketbuild.com/devs/olokos/Kernel-Stock-LP
    Basketbuild is pretty good. :D

Please post some feedback ;)
    Bad news...

Hello guys,

I am sorry to announce, but I've been trying to implement my band unlocker into the kernel in v5. Unfortunately that causes IMEI blacklisting after few months, your phone will appear as stolen. Even if you flashed it only once. Once again I'm sorry. :(

APRIL FOOLS! :D I don't think that would even be possible :) I'm still working on V6 and fixing some boot issues. I'd never try to release anything risky or unstable.