Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,752 Members 39,609 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEV]{TEMP FIX}| XPERIA Z1 Touch screen issue | UPDATE 12/09/14

Tip us?

TheGreatSega
Old
(Last edited by TheGreatSega; 13th September 2014 at 09:18 AM.) Reason: Version 2
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 845

DONATE TO ME
Tutorial [DEV]{TEMP FIX}| XPERIA Z1 Touch screen issue | UPDATE 12/09/14

Calling all Xperia Devs!

I'm sure that everybody knows what im talking about. and even if you don't you will probably find out soon. As i only started getting the issue after a couple months.

Where do we start? i have some experience but thats only with kernels and since alot of people are facing this issue... let's try as hard as we can to need only root access.

if anybody can tell me where to start looking... and help out.. that would be great..

Let's fix this guys!

I was messing around and i think i've found a fix for the touch screen issue.

What you'll need
  • Root
  • Root Explorer or something similar
  • Xperia Z1
  • Balls

Here's what you need to do.... (Version 2)
  1. Download this file http://bit.ly/1tR0Foc
  2. Flash in recovery
  3. Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache
  4. Reboot

Now this should make the screen a little more comfortable in terms of swiping and typing. if you still get the issue please let me know.
C R E A T O R Of ThSEGA ICS
AND
RUSH Kernel
Kernel SEGA

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to TheGreatSega For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KWOKSFUNG
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatSega View Post
Calling all Xperia Devs!

I'm sure that everybody knows what im talking about. and even if you don't you will probably find out soon. As i only started getting the issue after a couple months.

Where do we start? i have some experience but thats only with kernels and since alot of people are facing this issue... let's try as hard as we can to need only root access.

if anybody can tell me where to start looking... and help out.. that would be great..

Let's fix this guys!
Im no developer but I'm 100% sure this happen much more frequently when the device heats up. I play ppsspp and i can tell touch error will occur more when it heats up to a temperature. So this is most probably hardware problem. The higher the temperature the higher the electric resistance, right?

Taking off the plastic protector (if you got one) will reduce the problem a bit (because it's an insulator of electricity?)

So maybe what we have to do.... Maybe just automatically turn the screen sensitivity higher when the device heats up?

pashka0
Old
Thanks Meter 7
You know, I found a fix. Just turn screen off for a second with button and turn on. Just try it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pashka0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ReDead93
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Yes, thats working but cant we do anything else?

jagoikki
Old
(Last edited by jagoikki; 8th September 2014 at 12:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Somebody said that using a cristal screensaver fix the bug... I will try...

Enviado desde mi C6903 usando Tapatalk 4

ReDead93
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Whats a crystal screensaver?

jagoikki
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDead93 View Post
Whats a crystal screensaver?
A crystal protector, like 9H Nillkin... This should reduce the screen sensibility, but I could't try it yet... Sorry for my english

C_Karhu
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagoikki View Post
A crystal protector, like 9H Nillkin... This should reduce the screen sensibility, but I could't try it yet... Sorry for my english

I'm using Nillkin 9H, and I haven't had a single problem with my screen since I put it on. Before that I had the issues, so obviously working.
The Following User Says Thank You to C_Karhu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

IaguCool
Old
Thanks Meter 499

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Karhu View Post
I'm using Nillkin 9H, and I haven't had a single problem with my screen since I put it on. Before that I had the issues, so obviously working.
Got the Nillkin 9H glass protector also. Works well, feels smooth. It did slightly reduce the sensitivity, but it's minor. Make sure Pen Mode is disabled, because that gave me huge sensitivity problems.
XperiFirm - Xperia firmware downloader & checker
\\\\\\\\\ Truth. Wisdom. Freedom. /////////
Truth. Freedom. Intelligence.
<><><><><>< Unchain Your Mind ><><><><><>

Destroyedbeauty
Old
Thanks Meter 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatSega View Post
Calling all Xperia Devs!

Let's fix this guys!
Off-topic;

You should release a kernel instead, and finish what you started on the Xperia Arc / Arc S - your kernel work on ICS sources was top notch.
Android Devices that I am using:
1. Sony Xperia Z1 - ROM: iHackers v5.0 Beta / Kernel: TrinityUltimateKernelV2.4AC-Refreshed Stable Release
2. Sony Xperia Tablet Z - ROM: Stock 10.5.A.0.230 / Kernel: Stock kernel

Tags
fix, issue, touch, xperia, xperia z1