8th September 2014, 05:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 845

619 posts
Donate to Me
More
Calling all Xperia Devs!

I'm sure that everybody knows what im talking about. and even if you don't you will probably find out soon. As i only started getting the issue after a couple months.

Where do we start? i have some experience but thats only with kernels and since alot of people are facing this issue... let's try as hard as we can to need only root access.

if anybody can tell me where to start looking... and help out.. that would be great..

Let's fix this guys!

I was messing around and i think i've found a fix for the touch screen issue.

What you'll need
  • Root
  • Root Explorer or something similar
  • Xperia Z1
  • Balls

Here's what you need to do.... (Version 2)
  1. Download this file http://bit.ly/1tR0Foc
  2. Flash in recovery
  3. Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache
  4. Reboot

Now this should make the screen a little more comfortable in terms of swiping and typing. if you still get the issue please let me know.
Last edited by TheGreatSega; 13th September 2014 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Version 2
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to TheGreatSega For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th September 2014, 09:46 AM   |  #2  
Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 60

585 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatSega

Calling all Xperia Devs!

I'm sure that everybody knows what im talking about. and even if you don't you will probably find out soon. As i only started getting the issue after a couple months.

Where do we start? i have some experience but thats only with kernels and since alot of people are facing this issue... let's try as hard as we can to need only root access.

if anybody can tell me where to start looking... and help out.. that would be great..

Let's fix this guys!

Im no developer but I'm 100% sure this happen much more frequently when the device heats up. I play ppsspp and i can tell touch error will occur more when it heats up to a temperature. So this is most probably hardware problem. The higher the temperature the higher the electric resistance, right?

Taking off the plastic protector (if you got one) will reduce the problem a bit (because it's an insulator of electricity?)

So maybe what we have to do.... Maybe just automatically turn the screen sensitivity higher when the device heats up?
8th September 2014, 10:25 AM   |  #3  
Flag Riga
Thanks Meter: 7

49 posts
More
You know, I found a fix. Just turn screen off for a second with button and turn on. Just try it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pashka0 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th September 2014, 11:59 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 3

24 posts
More
Yes, thats working but cant we do anything else?
8th September 2014, 12:26 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

24 posts
More
Somebody said that using a cristal screensaver fix the bug... I will try...

Enviado desde mi C6903 usando Tapatalk 4
Last edited by jagoikki; 8th September 2014 at 12:30 PM.
8th September 2014, 10:30 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 3

24 posts
More
Whats a crystal screensaver?
9th September 2014, 03:34 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

24 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDead93

Whats a crystal screensaver?

A crystal protector, like 9H Nillkin... This should reduce the screen sensibility, but I could't try it yet... Sorry for my english

9th September 2014, 05:45 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 21

147 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagoikki

A crystal protector, like 9H Nillkin... This should reduce the screen sensibility, but I could't try it yet... Sorry for my english

I'm using Nillkin 9H, and I haven't had a single problem with my screen since I put it on. Before that I had the issues, so obviously working.
The Following User Says Thank You to C_Karhu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th September 2014, 11:48 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 510

200 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Karhu

I'm using Nillkin 9H, and I haven't had a single problem with my screen since I put it on. Before that I had the issues, so obviously working.

Got the Nillkin 9H glass protector also. Works well, feels smooth. It did slightly reduce the sensitivity, but it's minor. Make sure Pen Mode is disabled, because that gave me huge sensitivity problems.
9th September 2014, 12:21 PM   |  #10  
Flag Sundsvall
Thanks Meter: 453

1,704 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatSega

Calling all Xperia Devs!

Let's fix this guys!

Off-topic;

You should release a kernel instead, and finish what you started on the Xperia Arc / Arc S - your kernel work on ICS sources was top notch.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fix, issue, touch, xperia, xperia z1
Previous Thread Next Thread