Thread Closed

Successfully unlock band for Z1

27th August 2014, 05:25 AM   |  #1  
Hey guys, after many days of experiment, brick, sideloading and many more I have successfully unlocking band for our Z1. Currently I only tested with C6902(unlock all utms/wcdma band), dont know will it works on LTE version(unlock all band, include LTE and UTMS). But I will borrow that from some of my friends
Unlocking guide will be post later
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-27-11-21-31.png
Views:	413
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	2913745  
Last edited by BlackSoulxxx; 27th August 2014 at 05:50 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlackSoulxxx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2014, 11:23 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 1,441

2,338 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSoulxxx

Hey guys, after many days of experiment, brick, sideloading and many more I have successfully unlocking band for our Z1. Currently I only tested with C6902(unlock all utms/wcdma band), dont know will it works on LTE version(unlock all band, include LTE and UTMS). But I will borrow that from some of my friends
Unlocking guide will be post later

I'm not sure how's that possible, but how have you did that anyway?
27th August 2014, 11:35 AM   |  #3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by olokos

I'm not sure how's that possible, but how have you did that anyway?

Using multiple software, calculation and some documents:highfive
This open a new era for us. So when u buy some phone, you no longer have to choose several variant with band. All thing now are unlockable :v Just require root
Last edited by BlackSoulxxx; 27th August 2014 at 11:42 AM.
27th August 2014, 11:52 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Warsaw

2,338 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Using multiple software, calculation and some documents:highfive
This open a new era for us. So when u buy some phone, you no longer have to choose several variant with band. All thing now are unlockable :v Just require root

Well, I wanted you to write down some kind of a guide or at least an explanation how's that possible. I thought that other radios just don't exist physically.
27th August 2014, 01:16 PM   |  #5  
Quote:

Well, I wanted you to write down some kind of a guide or at least an explanation how's that possible. I thought that other radios just don't exist physically.

Well, Sony use the same MDM9615 modem + MSM8974 for all 4g LTE variant.For 6902 they only use older modem+MSM8274 (it's a downgrade version of 8974 without LTE modem support). Sony only lock the band in baseband.
The Following User Says Thank You to BlackSoulxxx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2014, 01:26 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Warsaw

2,338 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Well, Sony use the same MDM9615 modem + MSM8974 for all 4g LTE variant.For 6902 they only use older modem+MSM8274 (it's a downgrade version of 8974 without LTE modem support). Sony only lock the band in baseband.

May I ask you how did you manage to do this? I'd really would like to try it myself
27th August 2014, 01:59 PM   |  #7  
Quote:

May I ask you how did you manage to do this? I'd really would like to try it myself

Confirm it works on Z Ultra And ZR. But no LTE Z1 to test it
Sure. But I'm developing the method for the guide
I will throw some pic too (for tutorial things )
1.Install QPST first
2.Download HTCDiagDriver
3. Unzip HTCDiagDriver, open htcdiag.inf
Change this from
Quote:

%OEMDevice02% = OEMPort02, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C07&MI_04

to this
Quote:

%OEMDevice02% = OEMPort02, USB\VID_0FCE&PID_5146&MI_04

Save the file
Use your phone and enter this *#*#8778*#*#
4.Now connect your phone, make sure usb debug on and connect into mtp, open adb and type this
Quote:

adb shell
su
setprop persist.usb.eng.1

5.Now turn off usb debug ,disconnect your phone, wait for about 10s and connect to pc again
6. Now you will see your pc will be install driver for debug sony mode. Just wait until it say cant install driver. Now you use "Have disk" method to install htcdiagdriver (There are several devices like "C6902", just watch hardware ids of them and choose "MI_04"and install driver.)
7. After install driver, open QPST -> QPST Configuration using start menu button (Must do, otherwise you will stuck, IDK why this but just do that)
8. After open QPST Con, switch to Ports tab, press Add new port, untick "Show Serial and USB......." and press OK
9.Now in port tab you will see COMx port that show MSM8974
10.Open QPST install directory -> bin-> RV_NV_Manager.exe
11. After open that, click setting -> Comport. Choose your phone COM port
12. Now press file-> Read from phone. It will load slowly, be calm now
13. After it load done, scroll to 1877 section, click on that. Paste the decimal number here and I will continue the guide
Pls backup nandroid first and prepare full ftf incase it wont start again
Last edited by BlackSoulxxx; 27th August 2014 at 02:09 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlackSoulxxx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2014, 12:16 PM   |  #8  
@olokos
Bad news guys, after found out how to unlock baseband, my phone start to behave like corrupted baseband (and other phone I test this mod too, same behavior). So my research will be continue and the guide I will post later. If anyone mod walk around here, pls close this thread. In future I will post the guide with complete bug-free procedure
Tks all
The Following User Says Thank You to BlackSoulxxx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2014, 12:24 PM   |  #9  
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4,028

9,432 posts
More
Thread closed at OP request

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread