4.4.4 camera tweaks..where?

Search This thread

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
This is a great, big question for many users of C6903: if the quality of the camera is the same for locked and unlocked bootloader. But opinions are different. Finally I believe in your answer, being a name on XDA developers. Thanks.
Xperia Z1, rooted, unlocked bootloader, JB (KitKat brings me nothing, maybe troubles with camera!!!)

This is only my opinion. I have never noticed a difference with xreality, bionz or any other image effect before or after unlocking the bootloader or even by turning these effects on or off.
They only "work" on the device itself anyway so pictures taken with the camera and uploaded to another device will not be effected.

Reactions: petalex99

jrchan01

Dec 17, 2011
I made a comparison with a photo taken by the previous firmware (14.3.A.0.761) and the latest firmware (14.4.A.0.108) attached below, the LEFT image is from .761 and on the RIGHT is the latest .108 you can see the difference on the noise level of the image (I suggest to download the image and see for yourself) notice the Left image has a lot of Noise if you zoomed the image you can notice it but on the Right image the noise is not visible

Attachments

• DSC_0016.jpg
    DSC_0016.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

Luna447

Mar 7, 2014
I made a comparison with a photo taken by the previous firmware (14.3.A.0.761) and the latest firmware (14.4.A.0.108) attached below, the LEFT image is from .761 and on the RIGHT is the latest .108 you can see the difference on the noise level of the image (I suggest to download the image and see for yourself) notice the Left image has a lot of Noise if you zoomed the image you can notice it but on the Right image the noise is not visible

Is your bootloader unlocked? Thank's for the pictures. The new firmware seems to do a good job.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So we'll never know what has been modified. That's bad.
    Why do they keep the information in the back? I want to know what improvements they made before I update their product.

Gesendet von meinem C6903 mit Tapatalk

Nothing bih or major...
    Actually, Sony gives changelog but not detailed like we expect.

You can find what's new on sony.mobile when you select your device and find latest firmware build.

My guess would be that they optimised code, nothing major.
    If they did something really interesting they would told us in every occasion they have ;)

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    Yes, the DRM keys will be gone due to the bootloader being Unlocked the image quality is Horrible but I think the other sony features is still present I'm not sure what are those but I'm sure the picture quality really is bad

I have an unlocked bootloader and my pictures are perfectly OK, exactly the same as before I unlocked the boot
    This is a great, big question for many users of C6903: if the quality of the camera is the same for locked and unlocked bootloader. But opinions are different. Finally I believe in your answer, being a name on XDA developers. Thanks.
    Xperia Z1, rooted, unlocked bootloader, JB (KitKat brings me nothing, maybe troubles with camera!!!)

This is only my opinion. I have never noticed a difference with xreality, bionz or any other image effect before or after unlocking the bootloader or even by turning these effects on or off.
    They only "work" on the device itself anyway so pictures taken with the camera and uploaded to another device will not be effected.