Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Google Adds New Features to Drive, Sheets, Slides and Docs

In the last few months, Google has been working very hard to adapt all its apps to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Z1 auto reboot

OP hkwai

1st August 2014, 06:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Ipoh
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm on Sony stock rom non rooted.

Sometimes when using WhatsApp, WeChat, I'll be typing a message to someone and suddenly the phone will freeze for a good 5-10 seconds before restarting itself. Whenever a crash like this happens, it will automatically restart. Same with using any random app, sometimes even viewing Album or using the camera.

It will automatically restart even when idling. I tried update to the Official 14.4.A.0.108 Firmware but the problem still exists. Is this clearly software or phone issue? Please help.
1st August 2014, 07:00 AM   |  #2  
Flag CAT
Thanks Meter: 133

337 posts
More
Seems like an issue with the phone itself as everything is stock. How long have you been using it before noticing the problems?
The Following User Says Thank You to Ahki767 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st August 2014, 07:44 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 19

130 posts
More
I had this kind of issue when I used custom, overclocked kennel, but if you're running stock rom then just give it back to warranty.

Sent from HTC One m8, or maybe not anymore
The Following User Says Thank You to mr.loverlover For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd August 2014, 05:32 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Ipoh

3 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahki767

Seems like an issue with the phone itself as everything is stock. How long have you been using it before noticing the problems?

I just got it like last week .. it came with 4.4.2 & the issue already arise so i thought maybe updating it would help. Using the Sony PC Companion repair wont help either.
2nd August 2014, 05:40 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Ipoh

3 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.loverlover

I had this kind of issue when I used custom, overclocked kennel, but if you're running stock rom then just give it back to warranty.

Sent from HTC One m8, or maybe not anymore

Yeah, warranty is the only choice i guess .. lol
2nd August 2014, 02:36 PM   |  #6  
Flag caen
Thanks Meter: 66

404 posts
More
Do a battery test
3rd August 2014, 02:01 PM   |  #7  
Flag Nha Trang
Thanks Meter: 18

180 posts
More
Try to flash stock rom by flashtool, then go to service center if it's still get rebooting.
3rd August 2014, 03:06 PM   |  #8  
Flag Sari
Thanks Meter: 32

284 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkwai

I'm on Sony stock rom non rooted.

Sometimes when using WhatsApp, WeChat, I'll be typing a message to someone and suddenly the phone will freeze for a good 5-10 seconds before restarting itself. Whenever a crash like this happens, it will automatically restart. Same with using any random app, sometimes even viewing Album or using the camera.

It will automatically restart even when idling. I tried update to the Official 14.4.A.0.108 Firmware but the problem still exists. Is this clearly software or phone issue? Please help.

The last way always is flashing stock Rom
After that and if it didn't work, you should go to service center

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread