Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more
Post Reply

Android 4.4.4 Camera Problem

OP DivineResource

23rd August 2014, 07:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
I recently updated to Android 4.4.4 on my Xperia Z1S and from then on, every time I take a picture, my camera just freezes and I have to lock and unlock in order to get out of the freeze. I haven't been able to take a picture since that time. Oh and btw, my phone is not rooted in any way.

Is there a fix for this? Or do I have to rollback to the previous version?

Sent from my C6916 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by DivineResource; 23rd August 2014 at 08:05 PM.
23rd August 2014, 08:16 PM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
32 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineResource

I recently updated to Android 4.4.4 on my Xperia Z1S and from then on, every time I take a picture, my camera just freezes and I have to lock and unlock in order to get out of the freeze. I haven't been able to take a picture since that time. Oh and btw, my phone is not rooted in any way.

Is there a fix for this? Or do I have to rollback to the previous version?

Sent from my C6916 using XDA Free mobile app

I am also experiencing this issue on my C6903, but not very ofter, would say hardly ever it occurs. Guess it is just application problem.
23rd August 2014, 08:16 PM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
try to re flash the rom. it maybe works.
23rd August 2014, 08:27 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by smart8bits

try to re flash the rom. it maybe works.

Reflash what rom? I'm not using a rom atm. It's the regular phone that hasn't been rooted

Sent from my C6916 using XDA Free mobile app
23rd August 2014, 09:02 PM   |  #5  
gregbradley's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4,171
 
9,681 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineResource

Reflash what rom? I'm not using a rom atm. It's the regular phone that hasn't been rooted

Sent from my C6916 using XDA Free mobile app

You are using a rom, its called stock.

Try forcing a repair using pccompanion.
Run it, choose software update and if it says you have the latest software click on the blue "Repair your device" in the dialog box.
This will wipe your phone but will repair the phone
24th August 2014, 06:59 AM   |  #6  
khagenmgr's Avatar
Member
Flag dubai
Thanks Meter: 4
 
40 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
I am planing to buy this week z1 o3 model for my bro... So is it better to stay on 4.3 jelly bean!! Since i read some camera problems on kitkat. Any good advice .
Thanks

Sent from my MT27i using XDA Free mobile app
24th August 2014, 09:06 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Flag Lewisville, TX
Thanks Meter: 55
 
269 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by khagenmgr

I am planing to buy this week z1 o3 model for my bro... So is it better to stay on 4.3 jelly bean!! Since i read some camera problems on kitkat. Any good advice .
Thanks

Sent from my MT27i using XDA Free mobile app

I haven't had any camera issues on kit kat, it's actually better for me than it was on 4.3.

Sent from my C6916 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Kanes_Inferno For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2014, 09:31 AM   |  #8  
khagenmgr's Avatar
Member
Flag dubai
Thanks Meter: 4
 
40 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanes_Inferno

I haven't had any camera issues on kit kat, it's actually better for me than it was on 4.3.

Sent from my C6916 using XDA Free mobile app

Thank u boss. Hope it is fine... No freezing, crashing. :thumbup:

Sent from my MT27i using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia Z1 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank