Bootloader unlock

Search This thread

Rolandml

May 1, 2007
Got info on this site http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/instructions and i check " First, you should confirm that it is possible to unlock the boot loader of your device by checking the service menu. In your device, open the dialler and enter *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu. If you have a tablet, click here to learn how access the service menu.
In your device, tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. If Bootloader unlock allowed says Yes, then you can continue with the next step. If it says No, or if the status is missing, your device cannot be unlocked.
" mine show NO does it means my phone cannot be be unlock? using Sony xperia so-01f

Vaith

Feb 15, 2011
Wrong section... And nobody understand you.

Wysłane z mojego C6903 przy użyciu Tapatalka

00nixon00

Aug 25, 2013
What do you think it means?

Seriously wtf

Does anybody even know why it can't be changed from allowed: no the allowed:yes. Every thread i see it is answered by some (guy) quoting the website says it can't be done.

On previous xperia devices it has been done, what is the reason why it can't be done now. Is it a hardware issue? Are all the c6906 devices bootloader unlock allowed:no?

Last edited by a moderator:

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Does anybody even know why it can't be changed from allowed: no the allowed:yes. Every thread i see it is answered by some (guy) quoting the website says it can't be done.

On previous xperia devices it has been done, what is the reason why it can't be done now. Is it a hardware issue? Are all the c6906 devices bootloader unlock allowed:no?

That "(guy)" is just telling you the truth, just because you do not like the information there is no need to start name calling.

It has been done on some 2012 and previous devices. Not all c6906 are the same, hence the overwhelming threads in the original development section for unlocked bootloaders.
The reason it cannot be done now is this. In the past all bootlaoders were not allowed to be unlocked, so devs worked hard to crack it and find a way. Now, Sony allows the bootloader to be unlocked (Its the carriers that restrict it) so devs know to get the ones that can be unlocked and since that is an easy option there is no need to try and fix a problem a really hard way (i.e trying to find an unofficial way) when there is a really easy way to do it.

Last edited by a moderator: