Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,370 Members 37,492 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bootloader unlock

Tip us?

Rolandml
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Bootloader unlock

Got info on this site http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/instructions and i check " First, you should confirm that it is possible to unlock the boot loader of your device by checking the service menu. In your device, open the dialler and enter *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu. If you have a tablet, click here to learn how access the service menu.
In your device, tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. If Bootloader unlock allowed says Yes, then you can continue with the next step. If it says No, or if the status is missing, your device cannot be unlocked.
" mine show NO does it means my phone cannot be be unlock? using Sony xperia so-01f

JDR0iD
Old
Thanks Meter 1,035

DONATE TO ME
What do you think it means?

Seriously wtf

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Free mobile app
__________________________________________________ ________________
JDR0iD's work.....
-HoneySense Rom Dev HTC Desire
-Senus Ville Port Dev HTC Sensation
-eXoDiZeD Rom Dev HTC One X
-eXoMiUI Rom Dev HTC One X

Vaith
Old
Thanks Meter 385
Wrong section... And nobody understand you.

Wysłane z mojego C6903 przy użyciu Tapatalka
SE T630╠══╣SE K510i╠══╣SE K750i╠══╣SE Cybershoot™ K800i╠══╣SE Xperia X10 Mini Pro╠══╣SE Xperia Neo V╠══╣SE Xperia Arc S╠══╣SONY Xperia P╠══╣SONY Xperia S╠══╣Sony Xperia Z ╠══╣Sony Xperia Z1 ♥

Rolandml
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaith View Post
Wrong section... And nobody understand you.

Wysłane z mojego C6903 przy użyciu Tapatalka
sorry about that..just wanna check if there is work around for it..thanks

00nixon00
Old
(Last edited by El Daddy; 2nd July 2014 at 11:08 PM.) Reason: Mod edit
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDR0iD View Post
What do you think it means?

Seriously wtf
Does anybody even know why it can't be changed from allowed: no the allowed:yes. Every thread i see it is answered by some (guy) quoting the website says it can't be done.

On previous xperia devices it has been done, what is the reason why it can't be done now. Is it a hardware issue? Are all the c6906 devices bootloader unlock allowed:no?

gregbradley
Old
(Last edited by El Daddy; 2nd July 2014 at 11:09 PM.) Reason: Mod edit
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00nixon00 View Post
Does anybody even know why it can't be changed from allowed: no the allowed:yes. Every thread i see it is answered by some (guy) quoting the website says it can't be done.

On previous xperia devices it has been done, what is the reason why it can't be done now. Is it a hardware issue? Are all the c6906 devices bootloader unlock allowed:no?
That "(guy)" is just telling you the truth, just because you do not like the information there is no need to start name calling.

It has been done on some 2012 and previous devices. Not all c6906 are the same, hence the overwhelming threads in the original development section for unlocked bootloaders.
The reason it cannot be done now is this. In the past all bootlaoders were not allowed to be unlocked, so devs worked hard to crack it and find a way. Now, Sony allows the bootloader to be unlocked (Its the carriers that restrict it) so devs know to get the ones that can be unlocked and since that is an easy option there is no need to try and fix a problem a really hard way (i.e trying to find an unofficial way) when there is a really easy way to do it.

How to get root on Xperia Z1 with KitKat 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.