Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Bootloader unlock

OP Rolandml

2nd July 2014, 07:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

43 posts
More
Got info on this site http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/instructions and i check " First, you should confirm that it is possible to unlock the boot loader of your device by checking the service menu. In your device, open the dialler and enter *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu. If you have a tablet, click here to learn how access the service menu.
In your device, tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. If Bootloader unlock allowed says Yes, then you can continue with the next step. If it says No, or if the status is missing, your device cannot be unlocked.
" mine show NO does it means my phone cannot be be unlock? using Sony xperia so-01f
2nd July 2014, 08:08 AM   |  #2  
Flag Cardiff
Thanks Meter: 1,036

1,785 posts
Donate to Me
More
What do you think it means?

Seriously wtf

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Free mobile app
2nd July 2014, 09:57 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 391

1,718 posts
Wrong section... And nobody understand you.

Wysłane z mojego C6903 przy użyciu Tapatalka
2nd July 2014, 12:36 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

43 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaith

Wrong section... And nobody understand you.

Wysłane z mojego C6903 przy użyciu Tapatalka

sorry about that..just wanna check if there is work around for it..thanks
2nd July 2014, 08:01 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDR0iD

What do you think it means?

Seriously wtf

Does anybody even know why it can't be changed from allowed: no the allowed:yes. Every thread i see it is answered by some (guy) quoting the website says it can't be done.

On previous xperia devices it has been done, what is the reason why it can't be done now. Is it a hardware issue? Are all the c6906 devices bootloader unlock allowed:no?
Last edited by El Daddy; 3rd July 2014 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Mod edit
2nd July 2014, 08:13 PM   |  #6  
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4,546

10,000 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00nixon00

Does anybody even know why it can't be changed from allowed: no the allowed:yes. Every thread i see it is answered by some (guy) quoting the website says it can't be done.

On previous xperia devices it has been done, what is the reason why it can't be done now. Is it a hardware issue? Are all the c6906 devices bootloader unlock allowed:no?

That "(guy)" is just telling you the truth, just because you do not like the information there is no need to start name calling.

It has been done on some 2012 and previous devices. Not all c6906 are the same, hence the overwhelming threads in the original development section for unlocked bootloaders.
The reason it cannot be done now is this. In the past all bootlaoders were not allowed to be unlocked, so devs worked hard to crack it and find a way. Now, Sony allows the bootloader to be unlocked (Its the carriers that restrict it) so devs know to get the ones that can be unlocked and since that is an easy option there is no need to try and fix a problem a really hard way (i.e trying to find an unofficial way) when there is a really easy way to do it.
Last edited by El Daddy; 3rd July 2014 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Mod edit
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread