[Q] Is com.sonymobile.mx.android safe to remove/disable?

Search This thread

Alucarde

May 29, 2012
Singapore
As the topic title stated, is com.sonymobile.mx.android, which is MyXperia, safe to remove or disable?

If it is not safe to remove, is it safe to disable? Is it able to be disabled? The NFC service can be frozen, but it will still start and run for some reason. Hence the reason for asking that.

I have tried googling and was unable to find any satisfactory answer.

Many thanks in advance! :fingers-crossed:

Kendosis

May 5, 2009
New York
As the topic title stated, is com.sonymobile.mx.android, which is MyXperia, safe to remove or disable?

If it is not safe to remove, is it safe to disable? Is it able to be disabled? The NFC service can be frozen, but it will still start and run for some reason. Hence the reason for asking that.

MyXperia just locates your phone if lost so it's safe to remove/disable.

Reactions: Alucarde

Alucarde

May 29, 2012
Singapore
Kendosis,

Thanks for the quick response. I knew that was its function, but I wasn't sure if it was tied to any essential Sony Mobile services.

I took the leap and froze the app. The app stopped and did not restart. No problems so far.

Many thanks!

Kickazz080

May 10, 2014
I'm really sorry for bumping but I uninstalled the app by mistake with kingroot and now the popup message "... has stopped working" won't fade! Is there nothing I can do?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

MyXperia just locates your phone if lost so it's safe to remove/disable.