Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,971 Members 43,646 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Google Plus Photos sync

Tip us?

rxzlmn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Google Plus Photos sync

Does anyone know whether it's possible to use the Google Plus Photos app with sync on the Z1 Sony stock firmware (I'm using 4.4.2)?

How it is supposed to behave:
- Edited photos replace the original, yet maintain the edit/meta-information to revert
- All changes, including deleting photos, sync across all devices

How it behaves for me:
- Editing a photo on the Z1 creates a new image, without the editing information, i.e. without being able to revert anything
- The original photo on the device does not get deleted when I delete it on another device or online

germa89
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxzlmn View Post
- The original photo on the device does not get deleted when I delete it on another device or online
Hi!

Maybe it's a stuppid suggestion, but have you check the option "google+ photos" is activated in Settings > Google > "your gmail account" ???

kentexcitebot
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxzlmn View Post
How it behaves for me:
- Editing a photo on the Z1 creates a new image, without the editing information, i.e. without being able to revert anything
Same here, found out it was because my pictures were on my SD card.

Are your pictures on an SD card? If so, move them to Internal Storage and see if the problem persists.

You should also run the SD card fix if the SD card issue was your problem.

rxzlmn
Old
(Last edited by rxzlmn; 7th July 2014 at 07:21 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentexcitebot View Post
Same here, found out it was because my pictures were on my SD card.

Are your pictures on an SD card? If so, move them to Internal Storage and see if the problem persists.

You should also run the SD card fix if the SD card issue was your problem.
thanks, I did save to SD card before but disabled it already. perhaps I try wiping the remaining photos from the card. can I ask what do you mean by SD card fix?

edit:

actually I just quickly wiped the phone to see if it's of any fix. unfortunately, it's not. the behaviour is really annoying:
- if I edit a pic in google plus online or another android device, the Z1 shows the edited version in the google photos app and the original version in the sony album app
- if I delete a picture in google plus online or via another android device, it will disappear in the google photos app on the Z1 but remain on the stock album app
- if I open a photo from the stock album app and select to edit it in the google photos app, there will be a copy of the original plus an edited copy in the stock album app, but only an edited version in the photos app.

so ultimately, making the sync/edit tools from google useless as it creates a mess, I used to edit my photos all the time on my N10 or online and everything was synced nicely. now the only non-messy option is doing _everything_ from within the sony app and also lose the option to change edits later on.

any help how to solve this appreciated. but I have a feeling that this is not possible on stock. anyone knows the behaviour on CM?