Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

help please- locked bootloader, fastboot woes

OP jewnersey

5th September 2014, 07:32 AM   |  #1  
jewnersey's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 151
 
1,219 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
picked up a Z1 and went straight to rooting it.

rooted succesfully, installed the dualrecovery, and then attempted ot install VANIR only to realize that i did not unlock the bootloader.


so it will not turn on. holding power it vibrates every 2 seconds. plugged in it does teh same, but also blinks red.

i can get the computer to recognize it several different ways.
blue led- fastboot interface in device manager - not detected in adb devices
red/green/blank led - SOMC flash - no adb

PC companion is no go.
I have no idea where to go from here. I am currently downloading flashtool to see where that gets me, but I was hoping someone might have some direct and well known solution that i did not uncover in my searching..

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to jewnersey For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th September 2014, 08:20 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
301 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewnersey

picked up a Z1 and went straight to rooting it.

rooted succesfully, installed the dualrecovery, and then attempted ot install VANIR only to realize that i did not unlock the bootloader.


so it will not turn on. holding power it vibrates every 2 seconds. plugged in it does teh same, but also blinks red.

i can get the computer to recognize it several different ways.
blue led- fastboot interface in device manager - not detected in adb devices
red/green/blank led - SOMC flash - no adb

PC companion is no go.
I have no idea where to go from here. I am currently downloading flashtool to see where that gets me, but I was hoping someone might have some direct and well known solution that i did not uncover in my searching..

Thanks

you have to flash a new firmware from flashtool.this will solve your problem.you cant enter to recovery?

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
5th September 2014, 08:51 AM   |  #3  
gregbradley's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4,557
 
10,001 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymuszymus

you have to flash a new firmware from flashtool.this will solve your problem.you cant enter to recovery?

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

He will not be able to enter recovery because dual recovery is system based which he cannot get to as its now trying to boot a custom kernel with a locked bootloader.
Also the recovery on a custom kernel is in the kernel, which also cannot boot. Hence a bootloop with no chance of recovery mode

The solution should be easy enough
Flash a stock FTF for your device using flashtool
5th September 2014, 10:00 AM   |  #4  
jewnersey's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 151
 
1,219 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley

He will not be able to enter recovery because dual recovery is system based which he cannot get to as its now trying to boot a custom kernel with a locked bootloader.
Also the recovery on a custom kernel is in the kernel, which also cannot boot. Hence a bootloop with no chance of recovery mode

The solution should be easy enough
Flash a stock FTF for your device using flashtool


downloading flashtool now.

Will flashtool recognize the phone even though adb does not?

this for ftf?
http://xperiafirmware.com/8-firmware...peria-z1-c6903

this for bootloader?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2440597
Last edited by jewnersey; 5th September 2014 at 10:02 AM.
5th September 2014, 12:30 PM   |  #5  
gregbradley's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4,557
 
10,001 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewnersey

downloading flashtool now.

Will flashtool recognize the phone even though adb does not?

this for ftf?
http://xperiafirmware.com/8-firmware...peria-z1-c6903

this for bootloader?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2440597

Look in the general section for a sticky thread called FTF mega collection for the best FTF file for you.

Once you have flashed that then you should* root, then unlock the boot following the official sony instructions (http://bit.ly/1cebNlh).
once you have done that flash the boot.img of the rom you want to flash using fastboot them flash the update.zip in recovery



*The reason to root before unlocking the boot is to backup the DRM keys in your TA partition. If you do not do that you lose them forever.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes