Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,646 Members 47,343 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help needed - Proper root Z1 6906

Tip us?

h078
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Help needed - Proper root Z1 6906

First , I am no noob her as you can see in my signature.
Member since 2007, proud owner of every single smartphone worth playing with to hit US/ATT market since 2007 onward.

I am not new to Xperia as I had x10, Neo V, Ray and TL. I know how to use flash tool and know my way around with my trusty Root Explorer.

I recently bought Z1 6906 - It was originally Bell Canada but I am using it on AT&T.
Phone runs JB 4.2.2 - build 14.1.G.1.158.

I read lots of forums and all of them say something slightly different, depending on Z1 model and build.

All I need is simple set of instructions on how to end up with rooted Z1 6906 running android 4.4.2.
I read that you can root JB with VROOT but I am vary of Chinese superuser apps and stuff that they put on my phone during the root process.

I do not need bootloader unlocked as I do not plan flashing custom ROMs, Kernels etc... and all flashable tweaks can be applied via Root Explorer and some elbow grease.

So - what is least painful way to root and upgrade to KitKat and preserve root - keeping stock ROM.
I would like to have (preferably unbranded firmware) but I can live with Bell one and remove junk myself.

I appreciate all the help .

And please don't answer with "Search is your best friend" because I am fully aware of that - I post ONLY if I feel really stuck and need help

gregbradley
Old
(Last edited by gregbradley; 3rd July 2014 at 09:47 PM.)
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3811
Quote:
Originally Posted by h078 View Post
First , I am no noob her as you can see in my signature.
You do not have a signature, its empty
Quote:
Member since 2007, proud owner of every single smartphone worth playing with to hit US/ATT market since 2007 onward.

I am not new to Xperia as I had x10, Neo V, Ray and TL. I know how to use flash tool and know my way around with my trusty Root Explorer.

I recently bought Z1 6906 - It was originally Bell Canada but I am using it on AT&T.
Phone runs JB 4.2.2 - build 14.1.G.1.158.

I read lots of forums and all of them say something slightly different, depending on Z1 model and build.

All I need is simple set of instructions on how to end up with rooted Z1 6906 running android 4.4.2.
I read that you can root JB with VROOT but I am vary of Chinese superuser apps and stuff that they put on my phone during the root process.
too right NEVER EVER USE VROOT, it send your IMEI number to an IP address in china
Quote:

I do not need bootloader unlocked as I do not plan flashing custom ROMs, Kernels etc... and all flashable tweaks can be applied via Root Explorer and some elbow grease.

So - what is least painful way to root and upgrade to KitKat and preserve root - keeping stock ROM.
just look in the development section, there are plenty of threads explain how to do this. Or there is a method in my signature, its slightly outdated (By about a week) there are quicker methods now, they are easy to search for.
Quote:
I would like to have (preferably unbranded firmware) but I can live with Bell one and remove junk myself.

I appreciate all the help .

And please don't answer with "Search is your best friend" because I am fully aware of that - I post ONLY if I feel really stuck and need help

How to get root on Xperia Z1 with KitKat 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to gregbradley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

djaminhi
Old
(Last edited by djaminhi; 3rd July 2014 at 10:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...ch-z1-t2800949

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...0-108-t2802266

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zscUImoPLpM

assuming you are on .757 rooted; this is all you need.....but either way this will work; im using it on a 6906