FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

[Q] How to check manufacturing date

212 posts
Thanks Meter: 55

By user822, Senior Member on 2nd September 2014, 12:45 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi all,

I recently aquired a used Z1 and wanted to check if it is indeed only "1 Month old".
Is there a possibility to check this? Somewhere in the firmware or with a serial# etc?

Regards
user

5th January 2015, 11:14 AM |#2  
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by user822

Hi all,

I recently aquired a used Z1 and wanted to check if it is indeed only "1 Month old".
Is there a possibility to check this? Somewhere in the firmware or with a serial# etc?

Regards
user

Look for this Number at the back side somewhere in smallish letters:-
Inside the micro sd card slot will be a sliding sticker. use your long nails or a pointed screwdriver whatever, to pull it out

14W15 (as an example) that will be 2014 week 15

Thanks
Last edited by whoami_amiu; 5th January 2015 at 11:21 AM. Reason: update on info
5th January 2015, 11:22 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
14W04 (on the FCC sticker)
I bought it in September, so it makes sense, thanks for telling me.
Also it had 103 charge cycles on the battery, that also might work with 3 months (~90 days).
Last edited by user822; 5th January 2015 at 11:24 AM.
24th February 2015, 05:24 PM |#4  
Flag North Bay
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoami_amiu

Look for this Number at the back side somewhere in smallish letters:-
Inside the micro sd card slot will be a sliding sticker. use your long nails or a pointed screwdriver whatever, to pull it out

14W15 (as an example) that will be 2014 week 15

Thanks

Would you be able to provide a photo of the 'sliding sticker'? I'm not finding it.
I'd rather not remove the back plate to view the info sticker unless I really have to.
25th February 2015, 01:00 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtraBasher

Would you be able to provide a photo of the 'sliding sticker'? I'm not finding it.
I'd rather not remove the back plate to view the info sticker unless I really have to.

http://support.sonymobile.com/global...e/IMEI-number/
25th February 2015, 06:13 AM |#6  
Flag Karachi

More
Camera Here you go with some snaps
Quote:

Only got an HTC one m7 around in the office so sorry for picture quality.. .
And sorry it was not the memory card flap, it is ACTUALLY THE SIM CARD FLAP WHERE THE DETAIL SLIDER IS HIDDEN - take a look:-

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0243.jpg
Views:	628
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	3182871   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0245.jpg
Views:	638
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	3182872   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0246.jpg
Views:	636
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	3182873  
25th February 2015, 06:40 AM |#7  
Flag North Bay

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by user822

http://support.sonymobile.com/global...e/IMEI-number/

Quote:

Only got an HTC one m7 around in the office so sorry for picture quality.. .
And sorry it was not the memory card flap, it is ACTUALLY THE SIM CARD FLAP WHERE THE DETAIL SLIDER IS HIDDEN - take a look:-

I wonder why Google didn't show me that info page in the first place when I searched. Heh. Thank you, both, for helping me out on this. I almost hard the darnedest time seeing it.
Looks like this device was built in late week 40 of 2013, although it was only unboxed earlier this month - as mentioned by it's previous owner. Though somehow I doubt that because the left loud speaker was inoperable, unless that was a manufacturing defect...
8th April 2015, 07:32 AM |#8  
Flag Karachi

More
Thumbs up
Quote:

I wonder why Google didn't show me that info page in the first place when I searched. Heh. Thank you, both, for helping me out on this. I almost hard the darnedest time seeing it.
Looks like this device was built in late week 40 of 2013, although it was only unboxed earlier this month - as mentioned by it's previous owner. Though somehow I doubt that because the left loud speaker was inoperable, unless that was a manufacturing defect...

Sorry for replying this late, but you're somehow mistaken on the left speaker thingy
Our Z1 only has one LOUD-speaker on the bottom righest area. Though you can turn on the upper speaker as well with a mod also available on XDA. I have been using it and the mono quality speakers have become stereo; without a doubt a must thing
9th April 2015, 07:41 PM |#9  
Flag North Bay

More
Quote:

Sorry for replying this late, but you're somehow mistaken on the left speaker thingy
Our Z1 only has one LOUD-speaker on the bottom righest area. Though you can turn on the upper speaker as well with a mod also available on XDA. I have been using it and the mono quality speakers have become stereo; without a doubt a must thing

My rooted-stock ROM has dontbelive's stereo mod cooked-in, but only the other day did I come to realize what you just mentioned there. I knew what the mod did, though somehow it escaped me why I had it. It can take /considerable/ time for things to click. Silly me!

But hey, good to point that out anyway! I'm sure it'll be notable for future reference
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)