Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

How to totally disable Throw (It causes severe mhl lag + battery drain + stuttering)

OP jplempka

28th August 2014, 02:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

63 posts
Can anyone tell me how to disable Xperia Throw? Reasons are in the title. The problem is, when I connect my headphones they automatically link to Throw which makes audio unlistenable due to stuttering).I force stop it to resolve lag + battery drain but I'm unable to use my headphones because it always turns on. How can I make my headphones work via normal bluetooth? Any help would be most appreciated.
28th August 2014, 03:02 PM   |  #2  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 34

118 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jplempka

Can anyone tell me how to disable Xperia Throw? Reasons are in the title. The problem is, when I connect my headphones they automatically link to Throw which makes audio unlistenable due to stuttering).I force stop it to resolve lag + battery drain but I'm unable to use my headphones because it always turns on. How can I make my headphones work via normal bluetooth? Any help would be most appreciated.

You can delete/disable it, it's located in priv-app/SomcPlayAnywhere.apk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kendosis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2014, 03:29 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

63 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendosis

Thanks, your a life saver. While we're at it, do you know what could be the reason for my bluetooth mouse making internet drop from 30mbps to 3 mbps? I'm pretty sure it's a software issue because it doesn't affect internet speed on my friends phone. Thanks.
Last edited by jplempka; 28th August 2014 at 04:06 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
29th August 2014, 02:10 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

63 posts
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks, your a life saver. While we're at it, do you know what could be the reason for my bluetooth mouse making internet drop from 30mbps to 3 mbps? I'm pretty sure it's a software issue because it doesn't affect internet speed on my friends phone. Thanks.

Surprisingly, when my headphones are connected, speed goes up to 9mbps.
25th September 2014, 02:26 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:

Is it part of some sony package? I wonder if any update will be available soon. I've just updated Walkman, throw didn't reappear.
25th September 2014, 10:01 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 51

164 posts
Quote:

do you know what could be the reason for my bluetooth mouse making internet drop from 30mbps to 3 mbps?

Wlan?
Bluetooth and Wlan use the same frequency, if the BT mouse is a crappy product that causes a lot of interference wlan could drop packages.
1st October 2014, 07:28 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Where can find this apk file to delete\disable it?
16th October 2014, 05:00 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 1

31 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathCake

Where can find this apk file to delete\disable it?

Hello, Im having lots of problems trying to pair a BT speaker compliant with the v2.1 BT specification, my phone tries to connect then the connection with the speaker is lost, Im pretty sure the problem is trhow but Im not able to find "priv-app/SomcPlayAnywhere.apk". Can anybody help/guide me to find it. Thanks in advance.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
xperia throw mhl lag battery
Previous Thread Next Thread